Biotest

Jimippa - Training log - Week One, Day One

Hey guys, gals…

Well its week one and day one for me. I can’t tell you how freaked out I am about doing this. Not eating all week, sounds pretty freaking crazy but I’m hoping this will pave the way to a better lifestyle on many levels.

Not only my eating habits, which up to this point have been quite ‘off’ to say the least, but also conditioning. I’m also using it as a spring board to remove nicotine from my lifestyle. The last time I tried to quit smoking I gained more weight than ever.

I think that was one of the reasons I started again… It was very discouraging when family, friends and coworkers mentioned my weight. Looking back I wish I would have stuck to my guns but what are you going to do?

Anyway, I was very surprised how easy it was to get up this morning. I did however wake up at 415am and take my ‘energy pills’ then go back to sleep for another 30 mins. I woke up sweating and ready for my walk… which my dog thoroughly enjoyed with me. I haven’t done any measurements yet, I’ll plan on doing that before I go to the gym tonight.

Here’s my first pics. I know, I’m not to heavy, but the gut can get rather large, and I think I’d like to ‘nip it in the bud’ before things get out of control. Thanks in advance for your support. Hows everyone else doing?

First Measurements:
Height: 5’11
Weight: 200lbs
Neck: 16.5 in
Shoulders: 47.5 in
Chest: 39.0 in
Belly: 38.0 in
Waist: 36.0 in
Biceps: 13.0 in
Forearm: 11.0 in
Thigh: 24.0 in
Calf: 16.5 in
Ankle: 9.5 in

I started today too! It must be even tougher trying to give up smoking at the same time too, so best of luck.

I don’t my workout this morning and going for my NEPA this evening. I wish I had a dog to take as I don’t think cat will be too bothered. Looks like it’ll just be me and the ipod.

I’m just supping on my 4th shake now, no problems so far. If anything I haven’t felt hungry at all when it’s time for a shake, and I’ve felt full all day. Superfood spoils the taste of them though. I’m not naive enough to think this isn’t gonna get any harder though.

All the best fella.

Yeah I’m gearing up for shake 3 pretty soon. A friend turned me on to this, after he lost a good deal of weight on it. (He didn’t last though… gave up day 9). He said days 3-5 were the worst, then you get to ‘dieters high’ and it gets easier (-er not easy by any means).

I figure if I can get half way done, I’ll be able to finish. The not eating thing scares me more then the not smoking thing.

What kinda stats are you starting with? I’m just about 6’0 and pushing 200lbs. My goal, not after the diet but in general, is to get to 170-175lbs. We’ll see, I’ll keep you posted!! Best of luck to you too!!

You can check my stats and photos out on my training log no surprises, no excuses!

Your off to a great start. Best of luck to you in your program.

Where are you in your avi pic?

All the best for the diet,i’m sure you’ll do great,just folow it 1005 and do the workouts as laid out and i’m sure you’ll get fantastic results

[quote]Verti-gal wrote:
Your off to a great start. Best of luck to you in your program.

Where are you in your avi pic? [/quote]

I’m about about halfway up Mt. Shasta. More personal motivation for me… I’d love to get to the top again!!

Here’s some more. http://picasaweb.google.com/jamespatla/Shasta#

[quote]burleywhite wrote:
All the best for the diet,i’m sure you’ll do great,just folow it 1005 and do the workouts as laid out and i’m sure you’ll get fantastic results[/quote]

Thanks Burley… I’m very hopeful. What do you mean 1005?

Welcome aboard the fast fat loss train :slight_smile: Nice to have someone else. Question: How are you quitting the nicotine? Cold turkey? I’m thinking of doing the same but am afraid that I’m already “stressing” myself enough with the diet. I have been giving it more thought, like quitting afterwards. Best of luck to you!

I think the 5 in 1005 was meant to be a % :-0

[quote]FGG wrote:
Welcome aboard the fast fat loss train :slight_smile: Nice to have someone else. Question: How are you quitting the nicotine? Cold turkey? I’m thinking of doing the same but am afraid that I’m already “stressing” myself enough with the diet. I have been giving it more thought, like quitting afterwards. Best of luck to you![/quote]

I got Commit Lozenges. Cold turkey would be to tough… You can buy them in bulk at CostCo for 70$. Which is a lot cheaper than my monthly habit was. Good luck, and get it done now!! Something like 96% of smokers die of smoking related diseases. That was enough to scare me straight.

As far as bodily stress… well I just figured since I was kinda hoping that the nicotine cravings would cancel out some of the hunger pains and vise versus. But who know… I’ll probably end up being hungry AND shaking from withdraw. And since I’m dedicated to not drinking alcohol on this endeavor, quitting smoking will be much easier this time around.

It’s going to be a wild ride, but you’ll be happy at the end with your results.

I’m starting Rd. 2 of the diet today and agree with it being the hardest during week 1.

[quote]visGT wrote:
It’s going to be a wild ride, but you’ll be happy at the end with your results.

I’m starting Rd. 2 of the diet today and agree with it being the hardest during week 1.[/quote]

Cool… how long has it been since your first time through? How were your results?

It has been 1 year since I did the diet. Over the 6 week period I went from 246 down to 218.

[quote]visGT wrote:
It has been 1 year since I did the diet. Over the 6 week period I went from 246 down to 218. [/quote]

Woah… that’s incredible. Keep me posted on round two…
What are your stats this time around?

First Measurements:
Height: 5’11
Weight: 200lbs
Neck: 16.5 in
Shoulders: 47.5 in
Chest: 39.0 in
Belly: 38.0 in
Waist: 36.0 in
Biceps: 13.0 in
Forearm: 11.0 in
Thigh: 24.0 in
Calf: 16.5 in
Ankle: 9.5 in

Workout Stats: Beginner
Squats: 185 lbs - 10, 9, 8, 8, 5
DBench: 45 lbs - 10, 8, 5, 4, 3, 2, 2, 1… (Weak)
Bar Rows: 100 lbs - 10, 8, 5, 4, 5, 4, 4, 2
Plank: 1:05, 0:30 sec (Very weak)

Notes: Do squats after the rows, my legs couldn’t stay bent without shaking and giving in.

Use less weight on the rows, I know I had horrible form. At that point I wanted to just get done. I’m going to drop to 85 lbs and get the form.

I’m not sure what to do about the bench. 45 lbs seems so low, but I couldn’t do it towards the end. WTF?

I’m not sure if the diet made me weaker or I’m just that out of shape… but the first days results were pretty discouraging. Oh well… I’ll just have to grind through it.

That is wierd how your bench press went down so quickly. Was that two 45# dumbells or 45# on the barbell? Have you done anything recently that your upper body may not be recovered from?

Great numbers on your planks. I can feel mine a little today.

Great pics from Mt. Shasta. That looks like incredible motivation there.

Yeah… I’m not sure why either. I just burnt out so fast. I can’t think of anything that would have worked my upper body. I do a lot of climbing, but the last time I went was Saturday… Who knows. I’ll see what happens next week I guess.

Those are good plank numbers? Those are minutes and seconds… not hours. Ha…

Oh and yeah… Shasta’s surreal.

Well, Day two is coming to a close and I’m thankful to say I made it through without a misstep. Woke up this morning at 4am, took the mutt for another 45 min fast walk. I tried to get in the hot tub for a little R&R before work, but ended up skipping because of traffic due to MJ memorial services. RIP - MJ. So I got to work without a hitch. I’ll tell you this, if you can avoid the break room where all your co-workers microwave their lunches and bring up the fresh aroma of french fries and other baked goodies, do so at all cost.

So I continued to put down a days worth of shakes, fiber tabs, and some more pills and supps. And now I’m finally feeling at rest. I’m not going to lie and say it was easier than yesterday because it certainly wasn’t. Around 4pm I finished up work and was dealing with some major hunger pains on top of sore legs, a mighty sore back and chest. But again, I got through it, and I’m certain I’ll continue to thrive. The light at the end of the two day tunnel is seeing and reading everyone’s success stories which is complimented by a dog who’s ecstatic to wake up at 4am and go for a long walk with me every morning. Who would have ever thought a four legged licking machine would be such a good trainer.

I know I have a long way to go… but today marks 1/14th of the way to completion, and that alone pumps me up! I’ll leave with a picture of my biggest supporter… Good Ol Tessa.

Congrats on the 1/14th mark. Two days down 26 to go.

Cute dog. Its great that he’s a motivation to get up for NEPA.