Biotest

Jim Wendler 531 Stack Questions

I’ve just finished the V-Diet now looking to add on some muscle. I’m going to do the 5/3/1 workout 3 days a week and I think I’m going to pick up the Jim Wendler 531 Stack. I’m not going to be dosing like he is thought. You would fly through Plazma.

This is my plan

Brain Candy around 10 or 11am. Workouts areound 4pm M/W/F and HIIT Saturday
1 serving (1 scoop) Plamza pre-workout
BCAAs inta-workout
1 serving (2 scoops) Mag-10 post workout.

Creating and Beta Alanine also

This should give me just under 7 weeks of supps with the Jim Wendler 531 Stack which seems like a very cost effective option.

I got my first taste of Plazma on the V-Diet and I didn’t feel my workouts were long enough to need 2 scoops of Plazma thats why I’m just doing the 1 scoop on this next plan.

What are your thought and recommendations. Anything you would change?

Thanks

Or I’m thinking Plazma only. 2 scoops, 1 per and 1 intra but no Mag-10

Or 1 scoop Surge Workout Fuel pre workout and Mag-10 post workout

Or 1 scoop Plazma pre and Surge Workout Fuel during workout and no Mag-10.

Or stick with the original plan of 1 scoop Plazma pre workout, BCAAs intra, and Mag-10 post workout

I keep going back and forth now I have no idea what I want to do. I want to keep it fairly cost effective.

Here is my workout since that will help with the supp recommendation. 3 days a week so rotate the workouts

Day 1
Military Press (5/3/1)
Dips – 5 sets of 10-20 reps
Pull Ups – 5 sets of 10-20 reps
Tricep Extensions – 5 sets of 10-20 reps
Curl - 5 sets of 10-20 reps

Day 2
Deadlift (5/3/1)
RDLs – 5 sets of 10-20 reps
Leg Press – 5 sets of 10-20 reps
Abs – 5 sets of 10-20 reps (Hanging Leg Raises, Ab Wheel)

Day 3
Bench Press (5/3/1)
Incline Press – 5 sets of 10-20 reps
DB Rows – 5 sets of 10-20 reps
Tricep Extensions – 5 sets of 10-20 reps
Hammer Curl – 5 sets of 10-20 reps

Day 4
Squat (5/3/1)
Good Morning – 5 sets of 10-20 reps
Hack Squats – 5 sets of 10-20 reps
Abs – 5 sets of 10-20 reps (Hanging Leg Raises, Ab Wheel)

SWF started pre-training and sipped throughout, again.

So I’d go with one of those, or 1 scoop Plazma (started pre-workout and sipped throughout) with 2 scoops on deadlift day (that, to me, seems like the roughest session of the week. If another session is more challenging, go 2 scoops for that and 1 scoop for the other workouts).

If you’re using Plazma or Surge Workout Fuel, there’s little if any benefit to having BCAAs during training also. They just don’t do anything that’s not covered by those two.

So you’d recommend keeping the Mag-10 in? I was thinking about dropping that and spending that money on Superfood and Plazma.

It seemed like SWF was geared for longer or metabolic workouts.

I think the idea of 1 scoop plazma on the bench and military day and 2 scoops on the squat and deadlift day.

Really appreciate the advice!

It sorta is, but it can work as kind of a “substitute Plazma” for lifting sessions because of many similar ingredients. Plus, if you were planning on using beta alanine anyway, the SWF already has it in it so you wouldn’t have to get it separately.

Ended up going with 1 - SWF, 3 - Metabolic Drive, 1 - Curcumin, and 2 - Superfood. This will give me about a 2 month supply and keep it at $100 a month.

2 scoop Metabolic Drive shake in the mornings for breakfast

1 serving SWF for lifting 3 days a week, none on the deload week

Superfood every morning in shake

2 curcumin pills a day

Cool beans. Sounds like a solid approach.

Play that deload week by ear though. Doing from good workout nutrition to none, even though the intensity and volume is dropped, could bring on some soreness. Might be worth “splurging” for 1 scoop for at least a session or two that week (again, it’d be whichever workouts are most challenging or are lagging overall).

Would adding Ashwagandha to the superfood be alright?

Should be totally fine, yep.

Had my first day with Surge Workout Fuel. Not sure I’m a fan of it compared to Plazma. I felt good on it but just felt like something was missing. It was military press day so I’m a little nervous for squats or deadlift day. Thinking about returning it and getting Plazma

Sorry I keep coming up with questions.

I ended up ordering some Plazma so now I have both SWF and Plazma at the house for a while. For the last week I’ve been doing 1 scoop of Plazma 15 min before then 1 scoop of SWF sipped during my workouts. I’m checking to see if this is a good approach or if there are better options. And is this the proper way to take both?

Here are my 3 options for the long run, so just wondering what the best is: I’m guessing option 1 is the lest effective, but this is why I’m asking.

Thanks a ton

I’d flip those and have the SWF before the workout and Plazma during. You’ll get the pre-hydration and nutrient benefits beforehand and the Plazma will roll along during the session to do its work.

I believe this would give you the best of both worlds. Full 2-scoop dose of Plazma on the tough lower body days, and a very solid and cost-efficient compromise of 1 and 1 on the other training days.