Biotest

Jibbsy's V-Diet Log

Right, I’m 22 and a year removed from the best shape of my life and about 2 and half stone at least. Went through an eat all kinds of crap possible binge really that lasted a long long time.

Joined a new gym with awesome trainers who said to look this up if I wanted results fast and research I have. My girlfriend and I have decided to do it and currently I am on day 4 with her falling off the wagon at day 2 because she really wasn’t feeling good on the shakes whatsoever, headachey all day, dizzy and started getting numbness and tingling…probably best for her.

So following it to a T and have managed 4 days, definitely got easier as the days have gone on…Can’t wait for my HSM on saturday night.

Will post pictures and measurements at the end of 28 days and then at 42 with the before to compare it to.

Things I want to get out of this diet:

1 - Get rid of my ridiculous appetite that I have built over 22 years
2 - Stop cravings for food that when it comes down to it I don’t really want
3 - Get back into shape fast!

Only struggle so far is having nothing but sweet tastes every day but MD does taste great so I am not complaining!

4 days down…

Glad to have you on board!

If you have any specific questions for me, be sure to post them in the “Ask Chris” section of the forum so I’ll see them.

Thanks Chris, will do if I have any questions although every single question imaginable seems to have been asked before

Day 5 is almost over, just bedtime shake left. Had my first feeling of hunger today because I didn’t take my lunch shake into uni with me making me go from 8 til 2 30 without anything, although still wasn’t famished so still surprised how well Metabolic Drive does the job!

Going to post measurements and changes tomorrow will do pics at the next measure.

Can’t wait to see what the scales and more importantly the tape show tomorrow

Weigh in and measurements after 5 days:

Measurements (slighlty different to those said to do)

Weight 15st 2 -> 14st 10 (-6)
Waist 96cm -> 94cm (-2)
Belly button 104cm -> 101.5cm (-2.5)
Hips 101 cm -> 99cm (-2)
Bum 108cm -> 107cm (-1)
Chest 109cm -> 107.5cm (-1.5)
Underarms 110cm -> 108cm (-2)
Right thigh 69cm -> 69cm
Left thigh 70cm -> 70cm
Right bicep 38.5cm -> 38cm (-0.5)
Left bicep 38.5cm -> 38cm (-0.5)

Overrall I am very happy with that for 5 days worth of diet and training. Can’t wait to see what the next week has in store.

HSM tonight - Chicken and steak with a ton of vegetables and possible a few puy lentils.

Decided against lentils but had chicken and steak with broccoli, asparagus, small bowl of homemade squash chilli and lettuce. Wrapped it up in the lettuce leaves…Worth the wait! Picture underneath

Made my stomach feel a bit odd think having to digest solids will give it a good workout. Felt full quickly which is good and stopped once I was satisfied instead of stuffing it down me.

One shake left before bed. Day 6 down pretty much!

Another day down, definitely hitting a rhythm now.

Went food shopping with my girlfriend today which was odd as I haven’t been food shopping before without having to buy anything so felt like extra weight. She then came home and cooked and the place smells fantastic which made me want food, shakes quickly removed that though!

1/4 of the way there now, just go to keep at it!

For the first week, I found myself totally focused on the shakes. Everything was about food vs. the shakes. Then suddenly you find the shakes are just part of the routine, and you’re not thinking about food vs the shakes anymore. Then it’s just “ok, time for a shake”, and you drink it and you get on with life. That’s when it gets easier.

I had odd symptoms at first too (esp. GI symptoms). But those went away after about day 4 or 5, and now I feel great. I’m now on day 14, and definitely at cruising altitude.

Good work, and keep at it!

Cheers Braden. See you are doing well too, keep up the good work! Can’t say I have had any symptoms really, just seemed to be ok.

Another easy day with a tough session in the gym, Surge is definitely something I look forward to! Tastes just like weetos to me, delicious.

Had a bit of heartburn today but aside from that really uneventful, just another day in the books. Can’t believe I have had 39 Metabolic Drive shakes thus far, doesn’t feel like its been that many!

Days 8, 9, 10 and now 11 have been very uneventful I have to say. Really not missing food at all now and even thinking that Metabolic Drive shakes are better for lunch than actual food! Last week I was waiting all week for the first HSM but this week I have barely thought about it and its almost upon me, no idea at all what to have but there are some awesome recipes on this site to try out.

Can really see and feel the difference too and my girlfriend noticed it yesterday when I was dressed in shirt and trousers, this diet is amazing!

Read the ‘which type of dieter are you’ that Chris wrote. I am definitely the all or nothing one. That is the reason I have gone round in circles so much as I am very good at being strict at times and other times very good at eating anything and everything. This diet fits the all or nothing profile perfectly, so anyone who feels like thats them, start the V diet asap.

Days 8, 9, 10 and now 11 have been very uneventful I have to say. Really not missing food at all now and even thinking that Metabolic Drive shakes are better for lunch than actual food! Last week I was waiting all week for the first HSM but this week I have barely thought about it and its almost upon me, no idea at all what to have but there are some awesome recipes on this site to try out.

Can really see and feel the difference too and my girlfriend noticed it yesterday when I was dressed in shirt and trousers, this diet is amazing!

Read the ‘which type of dieter are you’ that Chris wrote. I am definitely the all or nothing one. That is the reason I have gone round in circles so much as I am very good at being strict at times and other times very good at eating anything and everything. This diet fits the all or nothing profile perfectly, so anyone who feels like thats them, start the V diet asap.

Day 12 down and planning my HSM for tomorrow. Thinking a sweet potato and chorizo soup with some veg and something else, really tempted by a healthy cooked breakfast but for dinner.

Tomorrow I will take the halfway pictures and post measurements too. Looking forward to what they show I have to say.

On a side note, I had been craving salty food since halfway through day 1. Realised today that craving has disappeared which is a bonus. Not sure how much taste adjustment I am going to experience because I have always thought veggies are awesome.

Day 13 yesterday and another easy enough day. Had considered putting the HSM off but started needing it to refresh my vigour for this next week. Had sweet potato, chorizo and kale soup which was fantastic. Had slight digression of some black pudding with the healthy breakfast last night but wasn’t too much and to be honest the food this week was another anti climax. I guess thats the best thing as it shows me again that food isn’t all that its made out to be and my endless love for it seems to be misplaced. This is the best thing about this diet so far in that I am no longer fantasising about eating food, and any craving for bad food I get through the week I am attributing it to being dehydrated. As soon as I recitfy that, the cravings disappear. This is an amazing revelation that cravings are so superficial and easy to control and manage.

Getting the pics and measurements from the camera to laptop and will post them later today. Still going the right way with this diet and very happy to be almost through the first half…Another 4 shakes and half way down!

pictures showing starting pictures and yesterdays ones side by side.

Weight 15st 2 -> 14st 10 (-6) -> 14st 7 1/4 (-2 3/4)
Waist 96cm -> 94cm (-2) -> 94cm
Belly button 104cm -> 101.5cm (-2.5) -> 100cm (-1.5)
Hips 101 cm -> 99cm (-2) -> 98cm (-1)
Bum 108cm -> 107cm (-1) -> 107cm
Chest 109cm -> 107.5cm (-1.5) -> 108.5cm (+1)
Underarms 110cm -> 108cm (-2) -> 108cm
Right thigh 69cm -> 69cm -> 67.5cm (-1.5)
Left thigh 70cm -> 70cm -> 67.5cm (-2.5)
Right bicep 38.5cm -> 38cm (-0.5) -> 38.5cm (+0.5)
Left bicep 38.5cm -> 38cm (-0.5) -> 38cm

So overall:
Weight -> -8 3/4 lbs
Waist -> -2cm
Belly button -> -4cm
Hips -> -3cm
Bum -> -1cm
Chest -> -0.5cm
Underarms -> -2cm
Right thigh -> -1.5cm
Left thigh -> -2.5cm
Right bicep -> no change
Left bicep -> -0.5cm

Some measurements have gone up which can only mean muscle has been added. Thats a bonus considering this is a low cal diet!

Start of week 3

Been feeling a bit sick lately, not because of shakes, just generally feeling nauseous. Today was slightly harder than the rest so far, as the results are slowing slightly visibly. Can’t stop thinking of food too, not that it will ever break my will!

Just getting through the shakes tonight may be a challenge without going to sleep with a distended stomach.

Happy to be over half way!

Day 16 done, missing food still today. Really don’t have a clue why considering I have managed so easily before. Think I have hit the ‘grind’ so its time to power through!

Did some football coaching tonight so got some extra NEPA in just throwing and holding bags. Was very good fun!

Got a long week with not much free time, so that is going to help a lot with forgetting food.

2 more days down.

Funny to think of how I felt this time last week - 2 days away from my HSM. Last week I wasn’t bothered at all for food, was thinking of putting it off a couple of days. This week I have definitely missed food far more than last week. The thought of and planning all possibilities of the HSM is what is keeping me going today and I am sure tomorrow. No idea what to have for it though, will have to see what the tastebuds want.

Made the mistake of having my breakfast shake blended without any ice, not the best shake I have had, but then that is in comparison to one with the ice. Big tip to anyone reading this considering the V diet, blend your breakfast/dinner shakes with a couple ice cubes!

Been watching a lot of Man vs Food, love that show. When I used to watch it, my mind would decide I need a Dominos at that exact second however, that has completely gone. My girlfriend even ate my favourite Dominos in front of me last weekend and I wasn’t bothered in the slightest.

I am really considering doing some Pulse fasts sometime in my transition if I can find the funds…along with all the Metabolic Drive I need to reorder!

Going to do measurements and weight again tomorrow so will update that tomorrow. Looking forward to what it says for itself!

Today was easier than the past couple, always a good thing.

I ordered a nalgene bottle a while ago which came today, interested to see if that has any additional affect with no bpa in my drinks.

Todays measurements:

Weight 15st 2 -> 14st 10 (-6) -> 14st 7 1/4 (-2 3/4) -> 14st 4 (-3 1/4)
Waist 96cm -> 94cm (-2) -> 94cm -> 91cm (-3)
Belly button 104cm -> 101.5cm (-2.5) -> 100cm (-1.5) -> 97 (-3)
Hips 101 cm -> 99cm (-2) -> 98cm (-1) -> 97 (-1)
Bum 108cm -> 107cm (-1) -> 107cm -> 107.5 (+0.5)
Chest 109cm -> 107.5cm (-1.5) -> 108.5cm (+1) -> 106 (-2.5)
Underarms 110cm -> 108cm (-2) -> 108cm -> 106 (-2)
Right thigh 69cm -> 69cm -> 67.5cm (-1.5) -> 66 (-1.5)
Left thigh 70cm -> 70cm -> 67.5cm (-2.5) -> 65.5 (-2)
Right bicep 38.5cm -> 38cm (-0.5) -> 38.5cm (+0.5) -> 37 (-1.5)
Left bicep 38.5cm -> 38cm (-0.5) -> 38cm -> 37 (-1)

So overall:
Weight -> -13 lbs
Waist -> -5cm
Belly button -> -7cm
Hips -> -4cm
Bum -> -0.5cm
Chest -> -3cm
Underarms -> -4cm
Right thigh -> -3cm
Left thigh -> -4.5cm
Right bicep -> -1.5cm
Left bicep -> -1.5cm

So for 20 days progress can’t have any complaints really! Definitely worth the grinding this week out for. It is odd that the loss slowed in week 2 and has increased this week, can’t say I have done much to change this. Still just have to try and repeat this week for next and hit my goal of getting under 14 stone by the end of these 28 days!

Start of day 22 and the last week. Hit the 3/4 mark of the full V diet which is an achievement and having 1 weeks left is an amazing thought.

I imagine this week might get harder or easier, depends how much I want food/how sick I start getting of having nothing but shakes.

Hate to say, did digress a bit for my HSM had a steak sandwich, so bread and cheese were on that. However I found myself not that hungry the next day so only had 2 shakes and the nut butter yesterday. Not really the diet exactly, but its like an intermittent fast which can’t be a bad thing.

Looking forward to the transition phase now, think I will try and extend week 5 to last 3/4 weeks if I can. At least 2 weeks anyway!

Can’t wait to see what the pictures at the end of this week show and the final 28 day measurements. Will keep taking pics every 2 weeks during transition too.