Biotest

JD's Velocity Diet

This post will be a long one; I have a week of posting to catch up. Thanks to the individual that responded to my question on FB Messenger saying to go ahead and post my experiences, fallbacks, and successes.

There are five (5) goals I aim to accomplish, and I prefer to keep them to myself for the sake of the psychological theory about the mind believing goals achieved when they are voiced out loud to others.

Weight: 160.4 pounds
Height: 66"
Neck: 16"
Chest: 37.75"
Waist 1: 36.5" Waist 2: 36.75" Waist 3: 34.5"
Hips: 38"
Upper Arms (Both Sides): 12"
Upper Legs (Both Sides): 21" Upper Leg (L): 21"
Calves (Both Sides): 14"

Day 1: Originally wanted to start on Monday, for simplicity, but my order did not arrive until later in the day. I went ahead and weighed in that morning and got measurements the night before. So Day 1 I started the diet and drank all four shakes, plus a Power Drive shake earlier that morning, along with a Brain Candy and Alpha Male as well as Alpha Male between morning and noon shake. During the day, I tried to increase my tempo walking from one side of campus to the other during class changes. I purposely avoid the elevator on campus to get the extra benefit of moving.
HSM: Salmon & Cauliflower Rice and Avocado (349 calories)

Day 2: Wednesday - All prescribed shakes + Brain Candy + Alpha Male (decided to save the Power Drive for after the V-Diet).
HSM: Keto Chicken Taco Soup (no chips) (478 calories)

Training:
Kettlebell RDL - 35 pounds 5 sets of 8
Couldn’t do the Lat Pulldowns and ended up getting my substitution mixed up and did a Tricep Extension with a 35 pound KM for the 5 sets of 8
Shoulder Press - I have always had weak shoulders and tendinosis in my left shoulder, and Shoulder Press is one of my worst exercises, and I could not do a 35 pound KB. So I dropped down to a 25 pound KB in each hand.
1 of 8, 1 of 7, 1 of 4, 1 of 4, 1 of 4, 1 of 4, 1 of 3, 1 of 4, 1 of 2
I read the instructions for the Plank incorrectly and only performed one, timed Plank for each side. Right Side: :38 sec. Left Side: :44 sec.

Day 3: Thursday - All prescribed shakes + Alpha Male + Brain Candy. No NEPA had planned to do some yoga for mobility and didn’t. The NEPA walk hindered due to several inches of snow. No excuse really for not doing the walk and yoga.
HSM: Hamburgers with no bun. (691 calories)

Day 4: Friday - All prescribed shakes + Alpha Male + Brain Candy. Another day without training. I was unable to find a location that I would be able to perform Wide Grip Lat Pulldowns and Inclined Dumbell Presses. Two guys here in town that each have a home gym, or equipment, mar or may not have a set up to perform Lat Pulldowns, standard and wide grip, and Inclined Dumbell Press. I need to catch up with them and find out for sure.

HSM: Was expected at the last basketball home game for the season to walk my daughter across the court for Senior Night, Ended up eating two bunless cheeseburgers with jalapenos and one regular-sized container of popcorn, but unfortunately the popcorn was pre-buttered. (600 calories)

Day 5: Saturday - Missed the last prescribed shake of the day due to falling asleep before it was time. I decided only to take the Brain Candy on weekdays; this is what I do when using Alpha Male or Tribex.

HSM: BLT Lettuce Wraps (261 calories)

Didn’t do the V-Burn challenge. At this point, disgust with myself not able to adapt and improvise and dig deep and do what needs doing is digging in and setting up a parameter inside my brain housing group, and I am feeling defeated.

Day 6: Sunday - All prescribed shakes. Decided Day 7 would be a new beginning and will count the first week as a loss. So Monday, Day 8 will be a fresh start. (What I will do about shakes at the end of the program I have not figured out yet.)

HSM: Date night with the Mrs. and almost botched the program by ordering a beer, was able to get water instead. 1/4 pound of sliced brisket (no bbq sauce), 1/4 pound of jalapeno and cheese smoked sausage, green beans, and red beans. (430 calories)

Weighed in this morning and my weight is 160.2 pounds.
No work, no gains, or losses. I didn’t bother taping my measurements. As I said, this first week is a wash. I was only able to remain committed to the diet part of the program. I will not see results that way.

Take-aways:

1. I am not drinking enough water.
  2. I need to improvise for the exercises I cannot do based on lack of equipment and a gym.
  3. I thought I was not getting enough calories, but apparently, I am getting right at the same amount I typically eat on a given day. (I don’t usually eat during the day, but snack on jerky and fats in the form of nuts, but eat a big meal at the end of the day.)

I am sure there are more, but I cannot think of them at this time.

I need to go back and look up what a typical day of the Velocity Diet consists of in calories and adjust from there.

1 Like

Quick note about the HSMs, they don’t specifically need to be low carb. In fact, they’re supposed to include good carbs to help energy, recovery, overall compliance, etc.

Other than that, seems like you at least have an eye on narrowing down the stumbling blocks so they won’t keep causing problems.

I appreciate the feedback. Fueling my body with enough good carbs is an issue for sure. My wife has spent the last few weeks switching over to Keto and Intermittent Fasting so carbs are even more scarce in our household lately and I don’t want to fall into the trap of breads.

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Disclaimer: Individual results may vary.