Biotest

Jalapeno Poppers

Here’s another snack time favorite, only V-Life-isized. You retain the flavor and zip while ditching the bad stuff.

The Ingredients

• 6 jalapenos (halved, seeds and membrane removed)
  • Fat free cream cheese (quantity depends on your preference)
  • Milled flax seed
  • 1 egg (beaten)
  • Assorted spices (I use garlic, salt, red pepper)

How to Make

• Heat oven to 325 degrees
  • Mix the cream cheese and spices together
  • Fill the halved jalapenos with the mixture (if you have surplus cream cheese mixture, lather the back sides of the jalapenos)
  • Immerse jalapenos in egg
  • Roll jalapenos around on plate of the milled flax seed
  • Place on greased cookie sheet
  • Bake
  • Eat!

Some notes:

• You can pair these with a lot of things for dipping, though they taste great solo
  • You can probably pan fry these, but the difference is night and day when baked. My lone try pan-frying these resulted in darkened exteriors and a crunch jalapeno, which was far too wild. They taste more like standard jalapeno poppers when baked.

I took some pictures that I’ll upload in a bit.

Nice,

Will try soon.

Yes bake them but wrap them with bacon too!!!

Man that sounds good.

Ohh wow, yes. Mmm, and bacon. Double mmm.

Yeah, there is no way I won’t be making these this weekend. Although, I’m going to stuff some shrimp in the jalapenos plus the bacon wrap.

Pics for the unimaginative.

And another.

Just made these, they are in the oven! PS: they are messy to make, but that’s the fun of it!

What brand flax did you use? Mine seems to be super milled ( bob’s ) and exactly how long did you cook for?

I did 30 minutes at 350 and they never got too brown or crispy, but I attribute the lack of crisp to the super milled flax.

[quote]corstijeir wrote:
What brand flax did you use? Mine seems to be super milled ( bob’s ) and exactly how long did you cook for?

I did 30 minutes at 350 and they never got too brown or crispy, but I attribute the lack of crisp to the super milled flax.[/quote]

I really like Hodgson Mill brand.