Here’s another snack time favorite, only V-Life-isized. You retain the flavor and zip while ditching the bad stuff.
- 6 jalapenos (halved, seeds and membrane removed)
- Fat free cream cheese (quantity depends on your preference)
- Milled flax seed
- 1 egg (beaten)
- Assorted spices (I use garlic, salt, red pepper)
How to Make
- Heat oven to 325 degrees
- Mix the cream cheese and spices together
- Fill the halved jalapenos with the mixture (if you have surplus cream cheese mixture, lather the back sides of the jalapenos)
- Immerse jalapenos in egg
- Roll jalapenos around on plate of the milled flax seed
- Place on greased cookie sheet
- You can pair these with a lot of things for dipping, though they taste great solo
- You can probably pan fry these, but the difference is night and day when baked. My lone try pan-frying these resulted in darkened exteriors and a crunch jalapeno, which was far too wild. They taste more like standard jalapeno poppers when baked.
I took some pictures that I’ll upload in a bit.