Biotest

Jacq's Pre-Holiday V-Diet

Well I’ve managed to spend the best part of this year slowly stacking on fat. Hit the low point the other week as I squeezed into what had formerly been my ‘fat’ jeans and realised that the only reason I managed to get them on was because I had torn the buttonhole.

So I’ve decided I’m not buying a new bathing suit for our new years holiday. I’m darn well gonna fit into the one I’ve got!

I’ve tried to do the V-Diet before and failed because I was too ashamed to tell my husband and so tried to hide it from him. But this time I’ve filled him in so I’m feeling better about my chances.

Unfortunately the digi camera is on the blink so I’ve got no before photos, but I have taken a good set of measurements (all in centimeters).

neck - 35
shoulders - 108
upper chest (bust) - 96
lower chest - 78
waist - 77
upper hip - 94
lower hip - 108.5
left thigh - 61.5
right thigh - 61.5

Currently on day 4 and feeling ok. Going through the stiffness and general lagginess I was expecting but nothing unbearable. I’m hoping my body will be used to it after a week or so.

Bah… on day five and I’ve hit the crash. Woke up starving and I’m barely making it 2 hours after a shake before I’m starving again :frowning:
No energy today and I’ve been feeling a bit light headed all day.

I was supposed to lift today but I was so tired when I came home from work that I just fell asleep on the couch. I’m gonna try and fit it in tomorrow morning. Hopefully I won’t be feeling so hungry then either.

Well the hunger hasn’t been so bad today and I did manage to get my workout and walk in today.

Good news for the weekend is that the car is being temperamental so our weekend trip to Wales to visit my in-laws had to be canceled. I was wondering how I was going to get around having to refuse meals my mother in law cooked without being offensive.

I’m still feeling quite tired due to the fact that I couldn’t get to sleep last night but the dead feeling in my muscles seems to have gone away. Tomorrow is HSM day and I can’t wait! I think I’m gonna leave off the measurements until next week though cos I don’t want to find the numbers haven’t changed and get discouraged…

Keep it up! Its a struggle, but I bet it’ll be worth it when ya get through it! (I’m banking on it)

If you start to get hungry, get the hell out of the room and go do something else, just keep pushing!

Ok day 8 now and still going well. Body is feeling back to normal strength and stamina wise, but I’m not seeing much in the way of changes in my body. I’ll measure myself at the end of this week to see how I’m going. I’m hoping that my body is just responding slowly and I’ll get a bigger difference in the last two weeks…

Had my HSM on sunday: homemade chicken stirfry with buckweat noodles and a small bowl of berries and yogurt YUM!
Got my workouts in too and since we just got a new wii with the EA Sports game I’m using that for my NEPA (the weather has been miserable here and I get really bored walking on a treadmil) The wii is also keeping me from sitting on the couch wanting to eat in the evening.

Unfortunately I actually weighed my PB serving tonight and realised I have probably been about 100cal over for each day so far, glad I discovered that after only one week. Will be sure to weigh each PB serve from now on.

On day 12 now, nearly half way through. Very much looking forward to my next HSM on Sunday.

I haven’t measured myself yet but I’m going to do my first one on Sunday morning. I think I’m starting to see some physical changes finally but I’m worried that it may just be in my head and the measurements aren’t going to show anything. I guess I have to keep in mind that I still have 2 weeks to make progress (well 4 really if you include phasing back in ‘real’ food).

I’ve basically hit the boredom phase of the diet where I’m just bored of shakes. I don’t really see that getting much better. I am loving the convenience factor of it however. I love the fact that I don’t have to bother with cooking when I come home from work and that I don’t have to prepare anything to take to work for lunch. Added bonus is that my husband has to do all the dishes because I’m able to say “I didn’t make any of that mess…”

Measurement day was Sunday and thankfully there was some progress! Not as much as I would have liked but I still have 2-4 weeks left.
All upper body measurements are the same, but that doesn’t bother me as I didn’t really have anything to lose there.
Waist - 74 (-3cm)
High Hip - 91 (-3cm)
Low Hip - 106.5 (-2cm)
Right thigh - 60 (-1.5cm)
Left thigh - 59 (-2.5cm)

If I can make that much progress again over the next 2 weeks I will be fairly happy. Sunday was HSM day again and I kinda overdid it and had some naughty things such as biscuits and icecream. Not going to let that get me down though. I made a blip and now I just have to get on with the rest of the diet.