Biotest

I've Got Some Work to Do

V-Diet take 3. I wouldn’t say I’m in the worst shape of my life but it’s pretty bad when your waist size is greater than your 8-month pregnant wife’s! Stress from work is at an all time high, so I’ve been heavily medicating with food and alcohol. Time for a “gut” check…as in it needs to stop expanding…

Diet and workout log to begin tomorrow. Pictures and measurements up soon.

Front

Side

Back

Measurements:

10/7/13
Height: 6 foot
Weight: 233 lbs.
Neck: 16"
Shoulders: 48"
Chest â?? Upper : 41"
Chest â?? Lower: 42"
Waist - at Navel: 41"
Waist - at largest: 42"
Hips - at largest: 44.5"
Upper Arm â?? L: 14.5"
Upper Arm â?? R: 14.5"
Upper Leg â?? L: 23"
Upper Leg â?? R: 23" (10â?? from top of knee cap)
Lower Leg â?? L: 16" (thickest part of calf)
Lower Leg â?? R: 16"
Ankle â?? L: 10.5"
Ankle â?? R: 10.5"

Disgusted and sad. We’ll so how much though.

Workout day calories according to calculator: 2,025/ Non-workout day calories: 1,695

Day one complete. Doing the intermediate program and realized I should have spent a lot of time warming up before weight training. Not only did I jump right into low carbs and low calories, I haven’t touched a weight in about 4 months. I felt a little sharp pull in my right hamstring during front squats. To avoid ending up on the floor, I cut the exercise short.

30 second rest

Front squats: x6, x4, x1 (ouch)
Chin-ups: x6, x4, x3, x2, x2, x2, x1
Incline dumbbell bench press:, x6, x6, x5, x3
Ab wheel rollouts from knees: x8, x8, x4

Followed by 35 min walk with my dog.

I feel pretty hungry today but I know it’s my mind messing with me. Carry on. I will sleep well tonight.

Been there, done that! I had a super high-stress lifestyle and in retrospect, it wasn’t worth it. Gave up years of my life living in a pretty bad way.

Definitely start up slow… first workout with each body part should be an easy weight, something you know you can easily handle. But you figured that out already :slight_smile:

And keep with it. It’s going to be pretty tough most likely… self-medicating with alcohol puts you at a big disadvantage from a mood standpoint, so just stick with it. Once you drop 10 lbs or so, things will get easier! Stick with it no matter how tough it seems.

Good luck!

Day 3 halfway over.

I did my second workout, felt pretty weak during and a little sick afterwards. It could be adjusting to the resistance exercise, my blood sugar levels, and my overall lack of fitness.

Dumbbell Reverse Lunge (each leg): x12, x8, x8, x7, x5
Bent over Dumbbell Rows: x12, x12, x10, x8
Standing Dumbbell overhead press: x10, x10, x8, x8, x4
Standing Dumbbell biceps curl: x12, x10, x8, x6, x4
Reverse Crunch: x10, x6, x6, x6, x5 (abs cramped).

45 second rest periods.

I have to say the strawberry Metabolic Drive is not for me, but I enjoy the other flavors. Smells of savory foods are becoming much more noticeable. The best thing for me is to avoid kitchens.

I am not taking the HOT-ROX until week 3, when I figure I might need a little stimulant boost (I only have half a bottle left from several months ago). But coffee is my friend right now.

Yeah, weak and sick is a good thing… that will go away in a couple of weeks and you’ll feel tons better.

Strawberry is disgusting. I just finished one. Tastes like cough syrup.

That HOT-ROX really works, I feel a very big difference when I take it.

Day 5

A little fatigued today and not really hungry. Looking forward to real food soon.

Workout:

Deadlift x10, x10, x10, x10
Barbell Bench Press: x10, x10, x10, x10
Seated Lat Pulldown Wide Grip: x10, x9, x9, x9, x3
Prone Hand Walkout: x10, x10, x10, x8, x2

V-Burn challenge completed in 32 min, 20 sec.

I can’t say I didn’t have to stop- a lot to catch my breath. The last two rounds were particularly tough. Still downing shakes, and dreaming of something good to eat tomorrow.

Day 7

Had a health solid um, feast today. A 20 ounce bone in grilled pork chop, grilled asparagus, sauteed spinach and carmalized onion, a giant green salad with crumbled gorgonzola and bacon with bacon vinegarrette dressing, and finally; some cut up strawberries and grapefruit for dessert. I was full at one point but kept eating. Bacon definitely tastes better this week than last.

Because I’m sure there were excess calories in the meal, I only drank 3 shakes today. Honestly I was very full but without the sleepy, carby after effects. Good day.

Hi there… sounds like you and I started at the same time. I responded to your post on my thread. I need to reboot and start over…
Keep up the good work… On the whole, I am finding this diet very workable and I love the shakes which I think is key. So glad to be doing this before the holidays. I just need to find the time for the walking. Sometimes a little tough with the hours I work but to date, I have been able to make it happen… "Consistency is the Sign of a Champion " !!!

10/14/12

Day 8

Bodyweight : 222 lbs (233 last week)

Workout: (25 second rest periods)

Front squats: x5, x4, x3, x3, x3, x2
Chip Up: x5, x4, x3, x2, x2, x2, x2
Incline Machine Chest Press: x5, x5, x5, x4, x1
Ab Wheel Roll-out from Knees: x10, x10

I’ve been slacking on the NEPA, but on my non-weight workout days I will try to “make up for it”. Diet is going well, switching the flavors ups helps. The best part is not having to think about what I want to or should eat.

Great job. No update in a while. How are you doing? Are you finishing up and transitioning to HSMs?