Biotest

It's Velocity Time Again

Hey,

I have been off site for about a month…lots of stuff, but I am back againa and decided to do Velocity again after having had so much success from the program at the beginning of the year.

I have a post on the Physique Photos of Figure Athlete under Archaeobabe if you want to see how far Velocity took me last time. Now that I have maintained my weight loss by keeping between 127 and 131 or so pounds, I am moving into the next phase of having a weight range of 120-124 pounds. I can guarantee that Velocity will get me there.

I started on Monday, and it is so easy this time. Things always are when you know the results you can achieve…it sure wasn’t easy last time.

Update starting today…

Down another pound…woo-hoo…I have made a couple changes in my diet (I know that could prompt a Velocity scolding, but remember I did this program in Jan and Feb) in that I have added an apple to my natural peanut butter with my protein sprinkled over it.

Also, because the hardest part for me is getting in all my water (diet and exercise are easy), I have started adding in one of those Crystal Lite single serve packets. However, instead of 16 oz of water, I add about a quart…makes it not so sweet tasting.

I also bought some of those baby carrots and have a few of those when I feel a little hunger creep in.

My disclaimer is that if you are doing the Velocity Diet for the first time, then you need to stick with it completely to reach your full weight loss potential. This diet has enabled me to reach and maintain a weight of less than 130 pounds that had never been possible.

Take care.

I get to…take control. Sylvia

Welcome aboard… again! Great work so far!

Just be sure to account for those calories in the additions you’re making. Although the foods are clean, the cals still add up. For example, just a small apple a day adds over 1500 calories and over 400 carbs in 28 days (although some of that is derived from fiber so it’s fine.)

Also, be careful with the “slippery slope” phenomenon. That’s when you start adding a little something innocent, like a carrot, and that turns into a few more veggies and that turns into veggies with a buttery topping, and three days later you’re not really even on the V-Diet anymore. I’ve just seen it happen so often that I have to put out the warning, even to V-Diet vets such as yourself.

Keep us posted!

Hey Chris,

Thanks for the advice. I know what you mean about stuff sabotaging a program. I am carefully monitoring those little baby carrots…I should clarify that I only allow 5 of them raw which I take to work in a little baggie (butter and sauces are not part of my world).

I purposely bought the smallest apples in the store and really can’t eat it in one sitting…sometimes it takes a couple days to get that in. I am keeping a close watch on those calories, but as an archaeologist working out in the desert I have to make sure that my energy levels stay up along with staying properly hydrated.

I have to say that I love this plan…I am sure that you are aware that as soon as you say “liquid diet” people are so ready to scold you as to how unhealthy you are being…all this while they scrape up the last of their ketchup with a french fry. It is hard to argue with success, and I often feel like the poster child for Velocity, as I reached my goal and have maintained it. Although I continued using my protein drinks 2-3 a day since the end of my program, I am really enjoying the control of doing the it again.

No doubts about dropping these last 8-10 pounds with the plan and more importantly, knowing that I can keep them off.

Thanks for everything.

I get to…have adventures. Sylvia

Welcome again Sylvia. Please keep us updated on this second round for you. Your other thread has been an inspiration to me. I remember reading about you a while back :wink: I read it again just now. Amazing work.

Lisa

Down another pound with Velocity…that makes 5 this week. Workouts have been great. I remember how much I enjoyed the pace and variety in them. That early morning 1 hour walk on the treadmill is alot easier now that I put my MP3 on Fox News. I had always listened to music for cardio, and the time just seemed to drag when it came to walking.

I should actually reach my goal by the end of next week, but I will still continue for the 4 weeks…just stubborn that way about finishing what I start…or would it be better to move into the Transition Stage? Chris??

I get to…enjoy Easter with our kids.

Sylvia

[quote]Archaeobabe wrote:
Down another pound with Velocity…that makes 5 this week. Workouts have been great. I remember how much I enjoyed the pace and variety in them. That early morning 1 hour walk on the treadmill is alot easier now that I put my MP3 on Fox News. I had always listened to music for cardio, and the time just seemed to drag when it came to walking.

I should actually reach my goal by the end of next week, but I will still continue for the 4 weeks…just stubborn that way about finishing what I start…or would it be better to move into the Transition Stage? Chris??

I get to…enjoy Easter with our kids.

Sylvia

[/quote]

My guess would be that at least half the pounds lost this week is water. I would finish just for the sake of finishing, but maybe Chris will say otherwise.

And Sylvia, is your avatar an example of proper work attire in the archaeology field? If so, I may have to switch majors!

Joe

Hey man I’d go all the way if I were you, even if you reach your goal. If anything it will strengthen your bond beyond measure with your healthy food taste buds.

Why yes…that is actually one of the tops I wear out in the field. My pants are usually pretty baggy to accomodate a trowel, measuring tape, flagging, compass and a Glock 26.

I pretty much planned on finishing this program…I am doing it again to knock off a few more pounds and keep my weight range lower. No quitters here!

Thanks guys.

I get to…clean house today. Sylvia

You GET to clean house today? Well I…I get to…I get to wash dishes and do the laundry and go grocery shopping and stuff easter eggs, and figure out whats wrong with the lawn mower, AND clean the house! Beat that Ms. Sylvia Archaeobabe!

(all kidding aside, really cant wait to see your results, because your hard work over the years is just phenomenal and I can only aspire to keep up with you!)

Austin,

We definitely live in the same world, except that you just described my Wednesday…got up at 5:15 am for my Velocity workout, got 3 kids ready for and to school (all different schools), worked 9-5, drove an hour home in traffic, cooked supper for everyone else as I had a protein drink, did laundry, picked up the house, ran errands, bought groceries, put them away, got everything ready for the next day and finally sat down on the edge of our bed and took a deep breath at 11:30…I was however spared having to figure out our lawn mower problems. I think we both need a day at a spa…never been to one, but it just sounds so nice.

The program is going great…already feeling that little difference in my clothes, and these are the ones that fit perfect after the last round.

Oops, Aja’s singing class is over, so off I go again.

I get to…hang out with my kids today. Sylvia

I’m liking the ending lines.

I get to…smile because I just had a great HSM. Joe

I reached a little plateau, so I am taking the advice of those wiser than me (i.e. Chris Shugart) and ditching the small apple and raw baby carrots. There is plenty of time after Velocity for those.

Have a terrific day!

I get to…be thankful to God that Capt. Phillips was rescued!! Sylvia

Hey, quick question…

I used HOT-ROX with my first Velocity and continued to use them in my ongoing diet. When I was buying my supplements at the nutrition store, the manager mentioned that since I had continued using H-R (which he likes), I might want to switch things up…as with our bodies adjusting to workouts, our bodies will adjust to supplements, as well.

So for this round I started using Atro-Phex … just want to see if others have used it and liked it. Like the HOT-ROX, it has not bothered my stomach at all, so that is not an issue.

Thanks. Sylvia

Hi Sylvia,
Sounds like you’re breezing through this thing, wow, that’s awesome!

This is my first time, (day 10) and what I figured would be my only time doing this diet, but after reading your posts, who knows, maybe I’ll try it again after the summer if I haven’t reached my goal yet.

Hello all,

My husband and I are in the process of becoming Phoenix Reserve Police Officers (all the same training, same authority, same job…we just won’t get paid). We passed the fitness test three weeks ago, background check is in progress, interview next Tues, and polygraph next Friday. I found out yesterday that we have to do the fitness test every month until the Academy starts in the fall (given that we clear every stage of the process).

So this morning I was back at the Academy, but instead of 3 of us, there were 29 and these folks are all competing for full-time jobs.

The good news is that I increased my 1 minute timed sit-ups from 42 to 44, my standard push-ups from 21 to 27, made it over the slick, 6 foot wall again (not pretty) and dropped my 1.5 mile run from 15:02 to 14:48. (Velocity maybe??)

There were 22 year old guys who did it in less than 9 minutes…not surprised, but let’s check that run time when they are 47!!

Have a great day… Sylvia

This is one of those things departments do to continually weed out recruits who can’t or won’t stick to the program. What’s shocking is the number of people who show up to the most basic, entry level tests COMPLETELY unprepared. It’s the Cooper test, for crying out loud, not a Triathlon. You should do fine as long as you keep the tests in mind with regards to your training.

I hope you do well…even if you do carry a Glock.

Demo Dick

Hey nice work on the increases during the fitness test! My husband has to do this too and he keeps talking about doing the V-Diet…this is one more thread to tip him over the edge maybe :wink: When do we get to see new stats Sylvia? Im looking forward to it :wink:

Lisa

Nice work! Keep up the hard work it will pay off.

There were 22 year old guys who did it in less than 9 minutes…not surprised, but let’s check that run time when they are 47!!

Soo true. I’m 26 and 205lbs. When I was hired I ran the 1.5 mile in 9min flat! One guy beat me but he was also 155lbs. I would have liked to see him do that with a 50lb weighted vest on and beat my time! DO ME A FAVOR! No matter what the academy makes you do keep up with eating healthy. If you fall off the wagon and their fitness program was anything like ours here in Chicago you will be fucked.

Thanks for the support guys…Demo, you are right in my focusing on the quals for how I conduct my workouts. I am always changing things up, so I definitely am going to focus on a program tailored to just that…I will post my workout this weekend when I get it figured out.

Wow Chicago…that is pretty darn fast! I have never been a fast runner…my husband (he is pretty fast) and I did the P.F. Chang Marathon in Phoenix in 2005…I finished, but there was nothing pretty about my time. Given my running potential, if I start incorporating intervals in my new running program, I have faith that I can get my 1.5 mile down to 13:30 to 14:00 by the time the Academy starts in November…passing is 16:27 for my age and sex. I am not competing with the others, as David and I are going into the Reserves, so I don’t have to worry about keeping up the young guys…my focus is on being a good student and then a good officer that others can depend on.

Our training as Arizona Rangers (they are not park rangers) has been great in preparing us for the non-physical aspects of the law enforcement.

Austin…I love your new pix…that is one strong-looking and happy mommy!! Keep it up.

Take care.

I get to…hug my kids today. Sylvia

I did not do well yesterday and treated it like an off DAY…I am not talking doughnuts and bad stuff…just wanted food.

Okay, so I will now turn my back on my day of weakness and focus on today and the rest of the week (not weak). I had a great cardio today and enjoyed the opportunity to start my day off with my protein drink (not a bowl of cereal like this weekend).

Thanks for allowing me to confess…although I am Southern Baptist and not Catholic, a little confession every now and then is good for the soul…and body.

Now if I can just get my left shoulder back to working again, I will be in great shape.

Have a great day!

Sylvia