Biotest

It's So On - Kirby's V-Diet Log

Hey T-Nation,

My name is Kirby, 27 years old, and I’m just straight up TIRED. Tired of working out year after year and never reaching my full potential. Tired of making excuses for myself like:

“Well, I’ve never been skinny, so forget the six-pack, I’ll just lift for strength and size.”

Or

“As long as I keep doing what I’m doing, I should get there eventually.”

Well, excuse my language, but FUCK. THAT.

I DO want a six-pack and get visible definition. They’re there (I think), so why can’t I strip away the layers? And “eventually?!” If I keep doing the exact same things, then I’ll go NOWHERE “eventually.”

I was always a student of the “Exercise, Weights, and simply burn more than you intake” school of fitness. I eat decently, hit the gym 4-5 times a week, and do cardio. But I realized that it can only take me so far. Am I really pushing myself towards a concrete specific goal? Or has working out just become part of a daily routine without any measurable result?

Well, all that BS ends now. After hearing about T-Nation and reading about the Velocity Diet for the past 2 weeks, I’ve decided to take the important step. And I’m hoping that the VDiet is just what I need to take my body to that next level.

With the Program and your support, I WILL have my six-pack abs and shredded definition.

• Kirby

================================

GOALS:
->Weight- 155-160lbs
->Visibly Defined Abdominals (Six-Pack)
->Overall Definition (Beach Bod wooh!)

================================

CURRENT STATS:

Height: 5’6"
Weight: 170
Neck: 15.5
Shoulders:
Chest - Upper: 42
Chest - Lower: 38
Waist - at Navel: 34
Waist - at largest: 35.5
Hips - at largest: 38.5
Upper Arm - L: 14
Upper Arm - R: 14
Upper Leg (thigh - L: 22.5
Upper Leg (thigh) - R: 22.5
Lower Leg (calf) - L: 15.75
Lower Leg (calf) - R: 15.75
Ankle - L: 8.5
Ankle - R: 8.5

===============================

PHOTO

Beach Bod, on the way :wink: Welcome, looking forward to your kick ass progression.

Lisa

[quote]austin2174 wrote:
Beach Bod, on the way :wink: Welcome, looking forward to your kick ass progression.

Lisa[/quote]

Thanks Lisa! Totally AMPED to get started. My package is scheduled to arrive today. So I’ll probably take the weekend to do a V-Diet “Lite” to get used to the shakes/meal timing.

Lets go!!

Looks like you’ve got a good base of muscle under there. Time to uncover it! Keep us posted!

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
Looks like you’ve got a good base of muscle under there. Time to uncover it! Keep us posted! [/quote]

Its gonna happen Chris! I’ve got the hammer and chisel ready.

Package just came 30 minutes to go and I’m enjoying my first shake at the moment. Definitely a lot tastier than other protein mixes I’ve had in the past.

Kirby man, welcome aboard…I’m always happy to see people dropping F bombs in their first post…it makes me feel like I can relate to them with a little less tact haha…

Thanks for dropping by my thread too…glad to be an inspiration, but you are starting out with a LOT more muscle than i was so your results will probably blow mine away…can’t wait to keep track of your progress…enjoy those shakes and i’ll see ya around…

Thanks VT!

Ok, so first of all, Happy Easter Sunday everyone! And with about 2 days of V-Diet “Lite” with the shakes, I’m ready to declare that tomorrow is officially Day 1.

Did the V-Burn Challenge this morning and wow, it kicked my ass. I was definitely tired but also energized. I love how a lot of the exercises involves moving your body through different elevations which is great for burning fat.

Now lets go to work!

Day 1, Post 1:

So I usually do a fair amount of walking on my commute here in the City, but I decided to add a little more NEPA time by walking my dogs Damian and Achilles (aka The Horses)this morning. I call them “the Horses” because at 75 and 85 lbs respectively, when I walk them, I feel AND look like a farmer plowing a field. So HOT-ROX @ 6:30am, put my jacket on, and took the Boys around the neighborhood.

Came back and had my Breakfast. *Note to self (and other newbies out there): Preparing your shake and leaving it in the fridge overnight is not good if you like them thinner. Even if you use extra water. (Duh! Right)

Usually, when I have the chocolate, I make it with a bit more water because the taste reminds me of Yoo-Hoo. AND, I decided to take the spout top off my shaker bottle and drink directly from the rim. But in a thicker, more pudding-like form, looking at it glob down the bottle as I gulp it down wasn’t as appetizing. LOL.

Anyways, onto Lunch (Meal 2) which will probably be around 11:30 and the rest of Day 1.

Eye on the Prize and Stay Strong.

Welcome welcome.

I cant wait to see the results with this one! You are going to be ripped, especially with that muscle underneath. Good to hear you are finally doing something about it!

Ill be waiting for more updates!

Matt

cheer on day one. Can I walk your dogs too? I need some dogs. Big dogs. I bet they’re loving your NEPA!

Keep it up :wink:

Lisa

Thanks Matt! Yeah, enough is enough. Waited to long to do something SERIOUS about it. Thats changing right now.

Lisa: Yeah, usually I just let them run around in the yard while I get ready for work. But this morning, you can see their eyes open up when I reached for the leashes. LOL. They say that dogs are a good reflection of their owners. And I’ll be damned if I have chubby dogs. :stuck_out_tongue:

Day 1, (Official :P)Post 2:

So I’m just finishing off my mind-afternoon meal at the moment and I realized something. In between shakes, never was I craving, starving, or thinking about food!
Now chalk it up to Day 1 “Ampness” or whatever, but this is great.

Chris, yet again, is right that most of eating habits are exactly that: Habits.

Personally in the past I know that a certain time means, a certain meal. Ie. “Oh, its 9:15, let me go get a coffee.” or “1:15, time to run out for lunch!” But because the program basically calls for intake basically every 3 hours or so (even less with Meal 3), I can’t recall a moment where I thought to myself: “Man,I’m hungry.”

Next up: Post-workout Results

<-- Eye on the Prize and Stay Strong.

Day 1, Post 3: Recap

Ok, so I’m not gonna lie. When I first looked at the workout exercises, I was very skeptical to see if they would challenge me. (Even the Advanced program). Sure the V-Burn Challenge was tough, but I’ve been lifting consistently for years now, so whats 4 exercises with only 20 reps?! Cake right?

Boy was I wrong. I was sweating like a beast half-way through my first exercise: Barbell Row. And Overhead Squats?! What?! I haven’t had weights overhead standing up since I was doing Cling/Jerks for HS Football! But, I.LOVED.IT. The sweat, the pace, and the short breaks got me even more amped. And best of all, I was out the gym 30-40 minutes earlier than I usually do. And that Surge Recovery?! MONEY. Talk about tasting like Yoo-Hoo. :stuck_out_tongue:

So here are my numbers for Day 1, Workout 1. I’m definitely gonna add some more weight next time since I think today was more calibration.

=======================

Barbell Row (135) - 5,5,5,5
Overhead Squad (115) - 5,4,4,4,3
Dip (Bodyweight +45) - 5,5,5,5
Ab-Wheel Rollout - 5,4,4,4,3

Day 1, Post 3: Recap

Ok, so I’m not gonna lie. When I first looked at the workout exercises, I was very skeptical to see if they would challenge me. (Even the Advanced program). Sure the V-Burn Challenge was tough, but I’ve been lifting consistently for years now, so whats 4 exercises with only 20 reps?! Cake right?

Boy was I wrong. I was sweating like a beast half-way through my first exercise: Barbell Row. And Overhead Squats?! What?! I haven’t had weights overhead standing up since I was doing Cling/Jerks for HS Football! But, I.LOVED.IT. The sweat, the pace, and the short breaks got me even more amped. And best of all, I was out the gym 30-40 minutes earlier than I usually do. And that Surge Recovery?! MONEY. Talk about tasting like Yoo-Hoo. :stuck_out_tongue:

So here are my numbers for Day 1, Workout 1. I’m definitely gonna add some more weight next time since I think today was more calibration.

=======================

Barbell Row (135) - 5,5,5,5
Overhead Squad (115) - 5,4,4,4,3
Dip (Bodyweight +45) - 5,5,5,5
Ab-Wheel Rollout - 5,4,4,4,3

glad to hear someone else likes the Surge…I was beginning to think there was something wrong with me considering how many people hate the stuff…I actually look forward to workouts so I can drink the Surge afterward! haha

Nice workout and Day 1 man…you’re going to do great on this thing…just don’t lose focus and keep up the intensity…

-Nate

4/13 twin Kirby,

Thanks for visiting my thread! Looks like you have some good muscle going like Chris said!

We will see you on the other side!

Racin’ Jason

Nice work man. Keep us posted (and visit my thread once in a while 'cus I might need the pat in the shoulder)

Good looking out Brudda. It looks like you don’t have far to go. I’m right there with you on the workout. I was actually surprised at how strong I was after such a big cut to my calories. We will see how day 3 goes tomorrow!

Day 3:

Wow, Day 3 already?! :stuck_out_tongue: Always on the bright side right? Day 2 was an “off” day, did my NEPA and tried to a bit of extra brisk NYC paced walking. Didnt run over any tourists though…this time.

Ok, so a few observations. I love chocolate. Always have. But the Strawberry flavor is growing on me. It seems “lighter” somehow. The money combo so far? 1 Scoop of Vanilla + 1 Scoop of Strawberry. Reminds me of Strawberry Cream Savers.

Also, had a hard time sleeping last night (Night 2). Not sure what it was since I took my second dosage of HOT-ROX around 1pm. I think my body is just used to more exertion on Tuesdays. Before the program, I would do weights followed by 25 minutes of jump rope. Maybe I’m just adjusting to NOT going to the gym.

Anyways, looking forward to Workout #2. Bring on the sweat baby!!

Eye on the Prize and Stay Strong.

• Kirby

Hey Kirby! Day 3 for me too. Let’s kick ass on today’s workout! Gotta make it count!