Biotest

Is This Right For Me?

I’m 5’6 185. Probably around 18-20% body fat. Looking to drop to 10% at 170ish. I’m seriously considering the Velocity Diet. Any thoughts on how i should decide if its right for me??

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/6586/backb.png
http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/6084/front.png
http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/8569/sides.png

Don’t worry about body weight goals. That’s a pretty meaningless measure.

But, that said, you look like you have some muscle under a small amount of body fat. The V-Diet would help you strip that off quickly while retaining muscle.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:

But, that said, you look like you have some muscle under a small amount of body fat. The V-Diet would help you strip that off quickly while retaining muscle. [/quote]

one thing i don’t understand about the diet. according to conventional wisdom (or on my interpretation of conventional wisdom based on random internet reading), dieting at less than 500 calories less than my daily caloric needs, is likely to result in significant muscle loss. so,it would seem to me that if i eat less than 2000 (maybe 1800) calories a day, i will probably lose muscle. so why can i diet at 1400 calories a day? is it that conventional wisdom (or my interpretation of it) is wrong? or are calories consumed in the Velocity diet just so specialized that catabolism doesn’t occur?

[quote]jdob22 wrote:
Chris Shugart wrote:

But, that said, you look like you have some muscle under a small amount of body fat. The V-Diet would help you strip that off quickly while retaining muscle.

one thing i don’t understand about the diet. according to conventional wisdom (or on my interpretation of conventional wisdom based on random internet reading), dieting at less than 500 calories less than my daily caloric needs, is likely to result in significant muscle loss. so,it would seem to me that if i eat less than 2000 (maybe 1800) calories a day, i will probably lose muscle. so why can i diet at 1400 calories a day? is it that conventional wisdom (or my interpretation of it) is wrong? or are calories consumed in the velocity diet just so specialized that catabolism doesn’t occur?[/quote]

High protein.
Tons of extra aminos.
Targeted post-workout nutrition.
Multiple specialized supplements that build muscle / prevent muscle loss.
Custom lifting program designed for V-Dieters.
No traditional cardio.

Quite a bit different than conventional wisdom’s typically idea of a fat loss diet.

And the truth is, most weight-trained men spend their who lives too fat because they’re unnecessarily scared of muscle loss.

thank you.

couple quick questions about the sat/sun circuit program.

1. should this be done on both sat and sun? or is it an ‘either/or’.

2. it is 10 reps of each exercise and 7 reps of the entire circuit? with no rest?

[quote]jdob22 wrote:
thank you.

couple quick questions about the sat/sun circuit program.

1. should this be done on both sat and sun? or is it an ‘either/or’.

2. it is 10 reps of each exercise and 7 reps of the entire circuit? with no rest?[/quote]

If you have to ask, you haven’t read the entire program. Please do, then I’ll be glad to field questions.

[quote]jdob22 wrote:
Chris Shugart wrote:

one thing i don’t understand about the diet. according to conventional wisdom (or on my interpretation of conventional wisdom based on random internet reading), dieting at less than 500 calories less than my daily caloric needs, is likely to result in significant muscle loss. so,it would seem to me that if i eat less than 2000 (maybe 1800) calories a day, i will probably lose muscle. so why can i diet at 1400 calories a day? is it that conventional wisdom (or my interpretation of it) is wrong? or are calories consumed in the Velocity diet just so specialized that catabolism doesn’t occur?[/quote]

i was concerned about losing muscle mass because of my measurements following weeks 1 and week 2. Chris told me to stop having little man’s syndrome and i listened.

once i started folding real food in after the transition, my sizes went back up to normal, but i was definitely more lean/toned/defined than previously.

as for your other question, sat/sunday means you do your V-Burn challenge on one of those days. the circuit goes in such a way that you do 10 reps of each exercise in order, that’s one set. repeat the process 6 more times for a total of 7 sets.

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Disclaimer: Individual results may vary.