Biotest

Is This Plan For Me?

im a 23 year old guy who has been over weight my whole life. i have always tried to loos weight the slow and steady way and it has never worked. i tried a very strick bodybuilders diet over 2 years ago and it worked wonders forme i lost 2 stone in 3 weeks and loved it but i broke my ankle playing football so stopped and never started again.

i have just gone through a trough time in my life and i want to make big changes in my diet habits and in my apperace. i regularly use the gym and have been mainly focusing on power lifting the last 3 months. my main question is that all the people i have seen using this diet plan are just using it to shed that last bit of fat to revel thier abs. i have no dissolutions i will not be seeing my abs any time soon.

Is this a good programe to start if you have body fat at nearly 40%?
i have had a friend use the V-Diet to get in to his suit for a friends wedding and it worked for him but he put the weight back on a few weeks later.
any advice would be alot of help
thanks

What is your height and body weight?

hieght is 6ft 2 and weight is 310lbs however i havea muscular frame

im 6 ft 2 and last time i checked weight 22st 5lbs
i have a muscular build however and have always been active in sport just have a
big tummy and extra chest

Even if you’re on the tall side with a muscular frame, 310 and around 40% BF is a bit steep for the V-Diet. I’d suggest using something like the <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/most_recent/one_hundred_gram_carb_cure"target=“new”>100 Gram Carb Cure, then adopting the V-Diet after you’ve lost 20-30 pounds or so.

ok thanks i will read through the carb cure diet now. What would be the implications if i did try the v-diet what are the risks of it for me being bigger than someone smallerdoing it?

[quote]Uther313 wrote:
ok thanks i will read through the carb cure diet now. What would be the implications if i did try the v-diet what are the risks of it for me being bigger than someone smallerdoing it?[/quote]

It’s just not designed for your immediate goals, and since there could be multiple underlying medical conditions with someone 300+, certain supplement usage becomes tricky, certain workouts become risky, etc.

And at 300+, even little changes can lead to a 20-30 pound drop, so the V-Diet just isn’t needed yet. Finally, the V-Diet calculator, which tells you what to order and what to use, just doesn’t go that high.

Another option is to use a Metabolic Drive Low Carb shake for your last meal or two of the day. Night time is when most folks get into dietary trouble and controlling this period after a work day alone can lead to fast fat loss. Especially when combined with the Carb Cure. Some people call this a V-Diet “Lite”.

Keep us posted. If you can get close to the V-Diet cut-off point, you could probably still do the diet since you are close to outlier status, being tall and having a muscular base. You could “cheat” the calculator a little by typing in 265 if you’re really 280. I just wouldn’t recommend doing that at 300+.

cheers for all the info and help ill keep u posted and see how it goes