Biotest

Is The V-Diet Healthy?

Okay so someone recommended this diet to me a while back and i didn’t think anything of it, but i got curious today and looked it up and found the page on here that tells you to plug your information in and it lists the diet for you.

and My mind was blown because it just showed supplements. So you are only supposed to drink protein and take supplements and eating no food for like 30 days?

Is this right? I mean obviously you are going to lose a shit ton of weight fast because you are only drinking fluids at 1800-2100 calories a day, but could this be healthy at all or am i missing some valuable information?

1. You get one solid meal per week.

2. Every day you take Superfood (like eating about a dozen fruits and veggies per day)

3. Every day you take Flameout and flax seed (healthy fats, fish oil and fiber)

There is nothing “missing” in other words from a health perspective.

The diet has been around for several years with tons of success stories.

Unlike a standard low-cal diet, the V-Diet has the ability to help you get rid of bad dietary habits and alter your taste buds so that healthy foods taste better and unhealthy foods are no longer appealing, leading to long-term maintenance of results.

That about sums it up.

[quote]Unlike a standard low-cal diet, the V-Diet has the ability to help you get rid of bad dietary habits and alter your taste buds so that healthy foods taste better and unhealthy foods are no longer appealing, leading to long-term maintenance of results.

That about sums it up.

[/quote]

Hmmm, so how does it alter your taste buds?

This is a 30 day diet right?

It’s a combination of physiological changes and psychological/behavioral changes.

The strict phase is 4 weeks; the Transition phase is 2.

Hmmm. Seems like a quick way to lose a lot of extra fat and im actually really interested in trying it out, But i’m guessing i could possibly lose a lot of strength on a diet like this and feel tired and hungry all of the time since im mostly only consuming liquids?

The hunger issue is 50/50. About half of V-Dieters report being hungry at times. Pretty natural: it’s a lower carb, lower calorie diet after all. But you are “eating” every 3 hours or so (drinking a shake).

The other 50% report being so full that they have a hard time drinking all the shakes for that day. Look around in the Ask Chris forum and you’ll see dozens of these. Not a bad problem to have when on an extreme fat loss diet, but some people find it to be trouble.

So, it’s a toss-up: you may be hungry at times, or you may be so full you’ll want to skip shakes (which isn’t recommended.)

As for strength, some report increases, some report temporary losses then a quick rebound once more normal eating resumes. As excess fat is dropped, people typically perform better, jump higher, do more chin-ups, dips and push-ups etc. Bench press could go down, but if that’s because the ROM is longer since two inches of fat has been peeled off the chest and back, then that’s not really “strength” loss.

Anyway, the primary focus of the V-Diet is rapid, extreme fat loss, and the accompanying reprogramming of dietary habits. That has to be the focus for at least the 4 week strict phase. Every other goal needs to be set aside for 28 days.

Hope that helps.