Biotest

Is the V-Diet for Me?


#1

Very very interesting diet. Very expensive also. Just wondering if it’s recommended for overweight newbies like me. Also HOT-ROX is pretty hardcore and shouldn’t be used by beginners. What are your thoughts about this diet for weight loss? I’ve got about 40 pounds of fat to get rid of.


#2

[quote]FatAss2008 wrote:
Very very interesting diet. Very expensive also. Just wondering if it’s recommended for overweight newbies like me. Also HOT-ROX is pretty hardcore and shouldn’t be used by beginners. What are your thoughts about this diet for weight loss? I’ve got about 40 pounds of fat to get rid of.[/quote]

It’s effective, but might not be what you’re looking for.

Look at it this way: do you really know how to push yourself in the gym? Can you nail your entire diet every week for the required time to loose the weight?

My thoughts for every beginner, based on my personal experience of lack of overall progress because of trying to get lean:

Beginners should NOT do anything fancy. Pick a set x rep scheme, do it 3 or 4 times each week, focus on largely the same movements, but some variation is great. That’s why I like the rippetoe thing so much. Had I started with it, and ate a decent (not excessive) amount of food instead of trying to starve myself, I would be A LOT stronger right now. I say these things because the average beginner has no clue what the “1 rep or two short of failure on the last set” (as cited by CW in is V-Diet training) feels like, I didn’t when I started anyway.

So, unless you have really figured out how to push your body to the max during training, and figured out how to dial in your diet, then forge the V-Diet.

That said, if you feel you need something radical to change your ways, then maybe this is it. It’s a two sided coin.

Choose wisely.


#3

You don’t need it.

It is a good diet though for kicking your butt and did give me a wakeup call - both in budget and in the bigger picture.

Just get your diet sorted first.


#4

The thing that interested me the most was the fact that over the course of the program you begin to lose the cravings for the bad stuff and when you come off the diet…the good stuff tastes great.

My big weakness is the sweets and fatty foods that I’ve binged on the past 24 years of my life.

I figured this diet would help me overcome that.

Only bad side is that it’s a huge pain in my pocket book if I want to get everything I need


#5

It is hard as I had similar problems but I just learned to control myself from eating. It takes sometime and effort but you literally just need to gain control over your eating and get to working out hard first off.

Maybe once weightloss has stalled and you’ve learned a few things you could comeback to the V-Diet, but for now, no it is not for you.


#6

Great. Thank you so much for the information.


#7

I have a different take on this. I also have a lot of weight to lose and I think this diet is great for guys like us. I hate dieting. Hate everything about it. Hate measuring and weighing food, hate being hungry, and at the end of the week you only have a two pound loss for what had seemed like a bunch of work. This diet is different. It’s simple - no weighing and measuring food and you know exactly what nutrients are going into your body. It’s hard work, but the weight loss is fast. That’s very motivating. And at the end, it’ll be a lot easier to eat healthy meals.

Dieting is like ripping off a Band-Aid. Do you want to pull it off slowly or rip it off quickly? I’d rather just rip it off and get it over with. The V-Diet is like ripping off a Band-Aid.


#8

[quote]MikeTheBear wrote:
I have a different take on this. I also have a lot of weight to lose and I think this diet is great for guys like us. I hate dieting. Hate everything about it. Hate measuring and weighing food, hate being hungry, and at the end of the week you only have a two pound loss for what had seemed like a bunch of work. This diet is different. It’s simple - no weighing and measuring food and you know exactly what nutrients are going into your body. It’s hard work, but the weight loss is fast. That’s very motivating. And at the end, it’ll be a lot easier to eat healthy meals.

Dieting is like ripping off a Band-Aid. Do you want to pull it off slowly or rip it off quickly? I’d rather just rip it off and get it over with. The V-Diet is like ripping off a Band-Aid.[/quote]

That’s what I’ve been struggling with but people keep saying it’s not for me. I can understand I’m not experienced but you can’t deny the fact that this diet kicks ass.


#9

[quote]FatAss2008 wrote:
MikeTheBear wrote:
I have a different take on this. I also have a lot of weight to lose and I think this diet is great for guys like us. I hate dieting. Hate everything about it. Hate measuring and weighing food, hate being hungry, and at the end of the week you only have a two pound loss for what had seemed like a bunch of work. This diet is different. It’s simple - no weighing and measuring food and you know exactly what nutrients are going into your body. It’s hard work, but the weight loss is fast. That’s very motivating. And at the end, it’ll be a lot easier to eat healthy meals.

Dieting is like ripping off a Band-Aid. Do you want to pull it off slowly or rip it off quickly? I’d rather just rip it off and get it over with. The V-Diet is like ripping off a Band-Aid.

That’s what I’ve been struggling with but people keep saying it’s not for me. I can understand I’m not experienced but you can’t deny the fact that this diet kicks ass.[/quote]

Is the V-Diet “advance?” Perhaps, but comparing a diet to training methods is apples and oranges. There are definitely some advanced training methods that beginners should not use. But dieting is much simpler - take in less calories than you burn. If calories in < calories out, fat loss. Simple. Sure, if you were an elite athlete you would probably hire someone with a Ph.D., like John Berardi, to design an eating plan to maximize your training and all that. But you’re not an elite athlete. You’re a fat guy who wants to lose weight.

Just do it. Take a sledgehammer and knock off a bunch of fat in one month. With the amount of weight you want to lose you’ll probably knock of 15-20 pounds in the 28 days. If you want to lose upwards of 20 pounds, then this diet is for you.


#10

One more thing about the HOT-ROX. Great stuff, but if you’re not used to it you’ll get hyper to bejeezus on that stuff. Start with just one tablet twice a day. Good stuff, and you may need it to help you get over some of the low energy you’ll feel on the diet.


#11

I need to lose 40lbs plain and simple


#12

You should be able to lose the first 20-30 pretty easily if you are a newbie with simply proper diet and working out with some cardio thrown in.

I was an idiot with my diet (Basicly just reduced calories and ate low-fat shit that was advertised as being “healthy”) when I started and dropped 22 pounds in 7 weeks still.

The first 20-30 pounds are fairly easy if your overweight, its the last bit that takes some real dedication. I still haven’t got those pounds off haha


#13

Also if you like any sports, start playing those a lot or even “training” for them. When I started I played basketball, and when I needed to do cardio I’d do sprints from basketball practice and some plyometrics.

Starting off doing things you like help you get into the groove of things and in better shape to take on tougher tasks in the future.


#14

Sounds good. I’ll probably just do my own thing fora while to get the easy stuff off. Should I invest in some HOT-ROX to help me out>?


#15

I would wait to add them in personally. Your body adjusts to what you throw at it and the idea is to keep throwing in stuff so it cant fully adjust. IE starting out at 2750 calories and cutting down to 2250. HOT-ROX is very effective at what it does but is an excellent way to break through a plateau.

I would probably add them in 4-6 weeks into your workouts/dieting personally.


#16

Just my two pennies. Are you mentally prepared to do this very strict diet for 28 days? Are you financially prepared to buy the correct items to do it with? Are you physically prepared to do things, I assume, you have never done, or it’s been a long time? This is not harder than it seems on paper, but it is hard if you aren’t prepared. If you hesitate to say yes to any of the above questions then move on.

If you can emphatically say yes to all them, then set the date, order the goods and welcome to the club. I am on day 23. I “started” to start the diet several times. Then I set the date, really started and haven’t looked back or regretted it, not once. I still have a long way to go, but not as far as I did 23 days ago…


#17

I hear ya GoatMan. I’m just beginning to get back into the gym. Also trying to quit smoking while I’m doing it so I have a lot going on.

I’ve decided, based on your guys’ wonderful advice, to start to lose the ‘easy’ weight first then when it starts to slow down I’ll go ahead and invest in this.

<--------- COME GET SUM LADIES!


#18

#19

#20