Biotest

Is My Pre-Workout + Surge Overkill?

Random random question I realize. I absolutely love Surge Workout Fuel. Used it years ago and bought it again recently (Lemon flavor is great). In any event, I’m 46 I train first thing in the morning (think Combine/Circuit style training) and drink a Pre-Workout prior to training.

Right now I use pre-jym (I really do like it), but am concerned that with everything that Surge Workout Fuel provides that I may be over-doing it. The caffeine ‘kick’ is needed (5 year old daughter at home an well, full-time job). Thus thoughts on simply using Spike or Power Drive. And thank you. Oh and should mention I drink the Pre with a Finibar then start sipping on Surge Workout Fuel en route to the gym.

Thank you.

First, we assume by “pre-workout” you mean an energy supplement? This is very different that pre-workout nutrition, like the pre-load serving of Plazma or the first part of your Surge Workout Fuel.

Actually, just looked up the supplement you’re using and it basically contains caffeine and small amounts of other stuff. If you’re mainly just wanting some morning energy to get to the gym, just go with a plain stimulant or Spike. The pre-workout you’re using could interfere with the very precise formula of Surge Workout Fuel.

Power Drive is not a stimulant in the traditional sense. No caffeine etc. So you may prefer something more physically stimulating, like Spike (drink or tablet.) The earlier you can have your stimulant, the better. That way it’ll kick in before you have your Finibar.

Have you considered just switching to Plazma and using that instead of Finibar and Surge Workout Fuel? It will mainly come down to whether you want something solid (Finibar) before training. Some morning trainers prefer that, others just make their pre-load serving of Plazma “breakfast” then have 1-2 more during training. Either option is good, but we do suggest getting rid of the “pre-workout” not because it’s too much, but because it may mess up the effects of Surge Workout Fuel.

Chris, thank you. That is the reason I asked. I was concerned about it interfering with Surge Workout Fuel. So you’re suggesting a switch to Plazma? I would definitely consider that - The reason I liked Surge Workout Fuel is that it’s used as pre/intra/post…The less I have to think about the better.

I’ll read some more about Plazma. Thank you again.

[quote]SteelerBill wrote:
Chris, thank you. That is the reason I asked. I was concerned about it interfering with Surge Workout Fuel. So you’re suggesting a switch to Plazma? I would definitely consider that - The reason I liked Surge Workout Fuel is that it’s used as pre/intra/post…The less I have to think about the better.

I’ll read some more about Plazma. Thank you again.[/quote]

Plazma is used much the same way, pre-loaded and during training. And that can be mixed up all at once so it’s convenient like Surge Workout Fuel. Can’t go wrong with either though.

Thank you Chris. I greatly appreciate it. I was beginning to feel like a mad scientist with the separate pre/intra/post workout drinks…

SWF has been great - and the only reason for the caffeine ‘kicker’ in the morning is well - full time job, 46 years old and a 5 year old at home (same story for most of us of course)

Chris you (and well everyone else on here that loves Plazma) convinced me. Quick update though…I purchased Brain Candy from Vitamin Shoppe yesterday used it when I got up…had a Finibar and SWF and wow…really good stuff…focused, energized… Oh and ordered Brain Candy and Plazma a short time ago.

Thanks again.

Awesome, thanks for the update!