Biotest

Is it the Plazma or the I3G? Or Combo?

This is kind of a review for Plazma…or for I3G, or both.

More like a RAVE review actually but the problem is I don’t know which Biotest supplement to credit.

So a while back I tried out Plazma and I3G. It led me to new PR’s in every lift and amazing workouts but suboptimal results in terms of hypertrophy because a) I was doing 5/3/1 and b) my nutrition was geared only towards fat loss at the time…meanwhile, my strength went UP despite the diet.

I ran out of Plazma and I3G and I immediately hit a plateau and have actually regressed a bit. I attribute the regression to the following:

1. no more Biotest supps
  2. poor nutrition (it’s actually good in terms of balance but caloric intake was low)
  3. lack of sleep
  4. likely some overtraining to boot

Anyways, fast forward to the last few days. I’ve been training with Plazma and I3G again and WOW, what a difference. The current program I’m on is 5/3/1 lifts on Mondays (all of them) and Tues - Fri I employ a split routine geared towards hypertrophy. The workouts are crazy intensive and to be honest, I’m NEVER able to complete my workouts on Wednesdays, Thursdays or Fridays.

Today, however, I destroyed my workout and felt amazing while doing it. My question, was it the Plazma, the I3G, or is it some synergistic effect of both?

One hour after training I down my MAG-10 and I’m a happy camper.

This week has been an eye opener. I had forgotten the level of intensity Plazma (or is it I3G) provides.

Thanks for the report! While <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/indigo-3g"target=“new”>Indigo-3G and <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/plazma"target=“new”>Plazma obviously work via different mechanisms of action, there’s a definite synergistic effect. I like to say that Plazma works, Indigo-3G works, and Indigo makes Plazma work even better.

Chris,

I guess the only way to find out is to take only one and see which is most effective.

Do you personally have any experience with taking one and not the other and how your workout went when doing this?

[quote]RDeschain wrote:
Chris,

I guess the only way to find out is to take only one and see which is most effective.

Do you personally have any experience with taking one and not the other and how your workout went when doing this?[/quote]

I don’t. I’ve always used both at the same time. BUT, I used workout nutrition before Indigo-3G was invented. As a former fat boy, carbs, even good ones around training, could lead to fat gain, so I always had to be careful there. With Indigo-3G I can pound pre-, intra and post-workout carbs without fat gain. Maybe that’s also related to the improvements in workout nutrition supplements though.

I can’t speak for Chris of course, but I did the experiment on myself that you describe. I found that if I stopped I3G and continued using Plazma, my workouts did not suffer much or even at all. However, if I used I3G but not Plazma, my workouts did suffer. My overall energy level was lower and post-workout soreness higher, and recovery was not as fast or complete.

Still, I like the combo best and my best results have been with using both together, since the combo seems for me at least to increase leanness while building strength and muscle mass, even if I don’t notice much improvement in my workouts attributable solely to taking the I3G.

[quote]dbickley wrote:
I can’t speak for Chris of course, but I did the experiment on myself that you describe. I found that if I stopped I3G and continued using Plazma, my workouts did not suffer much or even at all. However, if I used I3G but not Plazma, my workouts did suffer. My overall energy level was lower and post-workout soreness higher, and recovery was not as fast or complete.

Still, I like the combo best and my best results have been with using both together, since the combo seems for me at least to increase leanness while building strength and muscle mass, even if I don’t notice much improvement in my workouts attributable solely to taking the I3G. [/quote]

much appreciated dbickley!

I actually had the opportunity to do this experiment today. I leave all my supplements at my office as I lift during the day (I take two hour lunches but I get into work by 8 and leave by 5:30) but due to an afternoon funeral I figured I’d work out in the morning at my gym by myhouse instead of the gym by my office.

So I THOUGHT I took home all the right stuff but turns out I forgot my I3G. So I’m sitting there thinking, “Ok, I’ll just do that experiment and just take Plazma today” but then kinda chickened out, sped into work by 7:45, took my I3G, 40 minutes later chugged my first dose of Plazma and was at the gym enjoying another intense workout. I didn’t want to leave but I had already been there for an hour and a half and needed to gets ome work done before the funeral.

So long story short, I’ll just take your word for it. haha

I had a question about serving size regarding I3g and Micro-PA - most supplements have a guide for men / women or a weight range <150 or >175 etc. At least most Biotest supplements have had these in the past. Is there a guideline for Micro-PA and I3G? I’m a 170lb male, 27 years old. I would think there could be some deviation here. And with how expensive a round of Plazma, MAG-10, I3G, and Micro-PA is, if I could get an extra few servings from a bottle, that would help. Thanks!

[quote]ttombobadly wrote:
I had a question about serving size regarding I3g and Micro-PA - most supplements have a guide for men / women or a weight range <150 or >175 etc. At least most Biotest supplements have had these in the past. Is there a guideline for Micro-PA and I3G? I’m a 170lb male, 27 years old. I would think there could be some deviation here. And with how expensive a round of Plazma, MAG-10, I3G, and Micro-PA is, if I could get an extra few servings from a bottle, that would help. Thanks![/quote]

for I3G & plazma I can only speak to my own dosage levels and how it relates to performance.

I take I3G once a day on lift days only. I take 5 pills half hour prior to plazma. I do not take I3G on NON lift days because my carbs come only from unlimited veggies and one piece of fruit on NON lift days.

Plazma: Lift days only (5 days a week for me) I take 1.5 doses (1.5 scoops) and mix it into 1000ML of water. Chug 500ML before working out and the remaining 500ml during the workout. Although considerably lower than the recommended 3 doses my intensity levels are still pretty amazing.

I’m 5ft 6in @ 160lb.

I had a question about serving size regarding I3g and Micro-PA - most supplements have a guide for men / women or a weight range <150 or >175 etc. At least most Biotest supplements have had these in the past. Is there a guideline for Micro-PA and I3G? I’m a 170lb male, 27 years old. I would think there could be some deviation here. And with how expensive a round of Plazma, MAG-10, I3G, and Micro-PA is, if I could get an extra few servings from a bottle, that would help. Thanks![/quote]

Servings for Micro-PA and Indigo-3G are not weight or sex dependent.

Workout nutrition, Plazma etc, can be adjusted based on training, the amount of muscle you have etc. For example, a small female may be fine with just the pre-load of Plazma and a pulse of Mag-10 post-workout. But powerlifter and pro bodybuilder Amit Sapir uses 5 servings of Plazma in one workout.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:

Servings for Micro-PA and Indigo-3G are not weight or sex dependent.

Workout nutrition, Plazma etc, can be adjusted based on training, the amount of muscle you have etc. For example, a small female may be fine with just the pre-load of Plazma and a pulse of MAG-10 post-workout. But powerlifter and pro bodybuilder Amit Sapir uses 5 servings of Plazma in one workout. [/quote]

Chris - thank you very much for the reply! After my first week on Plazma and Mag10, I can definitely say I feel better during and after my workouts. I think the I3G and Micro PA obviously need more time, but I haven’t had any ill effects so far, so continuing will be no problem.

I’ve been following similarly to the post above - if I’m not eating more than 50 carbs per day on non training days, probably don’t need I3G. Would you agree?

Thanks!

This sounds like a good plan - I’m 5’7" and 168 at the moment. Been copying your plan the last week, and seems to work out well. I do 1 dose before and 1 dose during. Workouts last around an hour … I feel like I could go longer, but during the week more than 1 hour can be tough, especially before work. If i was working out longer than an hour, I could definitely see getting in the third dose if needed.

Will continue to post… I’ll have before and after measurements of waist, hips, arms, and legs.

I’ve been following similarly to the post above - if I’m not eating more than 50 carbs per day on non training days, probably don’t need I3G. Would you agree?

Thanks![/quote]

Indigo-3G is best used daily… and my wife eats more than 50g of carbs per day when dieting for a Figure contest. :slight_smile: Seriously, carbs are not your enemy. Let indigo-3G fix you up.