Biotest

Ironlynxtk's V-Diet Log

OK! After seeing some pictures of my self at a wedding a few days ago, I looked like someone stuck a tube in my head and pumped air into it. Lastly, I couldn’t move my arms in my nice shirt because it would stretch and look like it was about to rip open from the chest area, back fat is a killer.

I’m already on the V-Diet (1 day in), and I plan to stick it out. I am a type 2 Diabetic also, and I need to get rid of my midsection. I monitor my sugar twice a day and I will be doing the advanced training method for the V-Diet.

Some Info:
23 Years old
203 lbs. (probably like 20% BF easy)
Waist: 39
Shoulders: 48
L. Arm: 15.75
R. Arm: 16
Chest: 42
Above Abs: 34.5
Hips: 39
L. Thigh: 22.25
R. Thigh: 23
L. Calf: 16
R. Calf: 16.125

I have been training on and off for 4 years, I only recently made gains, but I still hate the fact that I’m fat. I want to see my abs!

Other supplements I am taking (besides the shakes etc…):

Controlled Labs Blue Up
Controlled Labs White Flood
Scivation xtend
Animal Pak

Day 2:

So I am on Day 2 atm and it doesn’t seem so bad, I just take a shake every 3 hours, and sip on water/green tea in between. extreme hunger does occur in the morning. I take the flax seed in the morning and at night.

Today’s Workout: Advanced routine

Wide grip pull ups: (I was never good at pullups, I used to barely be able to do 100 lbs even, so I have made some good gains in the last few months.)

7 sets of 3 reps
Set 1/2: BW minus 40 lbs
Set 3/4: BW minus 48 lbs
Set 5/6/7: BW minus 52 lbs

Overhead Squat: (Havent done these in a long time, so I did the bar only for proper form, but I should be up a decent amt of weight on my next try. they were fairly easy nearing the last few sets.)

Set 1-7: Empty bar

Dips (I need a dip belt!!):
Set 1-7: BW only

I was sweating like crazy after the workout, and it doesn’t even take that long!

After i ran 1 mile on the treadmill in about 13:19, and I was still sweating profusely an hour after the gym.

Its now 4:30pm (NY) and any physical activity causes me to sweat a lot lol!

Unfortunately I gave my sis my digital camera for her trip, so I wont be able to take before/after pictures :frowning:

Good luck to the rest of you, I plan to stick it out!

Morning glucose level: 142
Night Time level: 190, not sure why its so high, this is 2 hrs after a shake, and 5 hrs after a gym session.

on another note, my mom who cooks vegetables nearly everday decides that today should be a day to make lamb chops, meat loaf and beef stew. wtffffff

Good luck ironlynxtk! I’m on Day 17–and have lost some weight (6 lbs) but more importantly, I’ve lost 11.25 inches. This diet works if you do it right. Good that you’re mindful of your diabetes…that should always take precedence–but losing some weight goes a long way toward helping!

Keep posting, and keep up the good work.

holy crap. 190 blood glucose is shit high.

[quote]ironlynxtk wrote:

After i ran 1 mile on the treadmill in about 13:19, and I was still sweating profusely an hour after the gym.

[/quote]

Why are you running? No traditional cardio on the V-Diet. Lifting and NEPA walks only.

You know you will sweat profusely if your blood sugar is getting low…

I would like to start the Velocity Diet. I am having trouble trying to get sufficient calories for the day. My current bodyweight is 340 lbs. I figured that I will be using Metabolic Drive with a scoop of Grow! three times a day. One serving of Surge on training and nontraining days (for the additional calories), and 3 scoops of Grow! for my mid morning and evening meals.

My calories saccording to the V-Diet formula are 2600 on training days and 2200 on non training days. The numbers for my shakes per day are as follows:
calories 2330, fat 46, carbs 110, fiber 26, and protein 354.

I will be taking Surge on non training days for the calories. How does this look to you. Thanks.

[quote]tatonka wrote:
I would like to start the Velocity Diet. I am having trouble trying to get sufficient calories for the day. My current bodyweight is 340 lbs. I figured that I will be using Metabolic Drive with a scoop of Grow! three times a day. One serving of Surge on training and nontraining days (for the additional calories), and 3 scoops of Grow! for my mid morning and evening meals.

My calories saccording to the V-Diet formula are 2600 on training days and 2200 on non training days. The numbers for my shakes per day are as follows:
calories 2330, fat 46, carbs 110, fiber 26, and protein 354.

I will be taking Surge on non training days for the calories. How does this look to you. Thanks.
[/quote]

Use this formula:

(10.2 x body weight + 879) x .50 = _______ x .8 = _______

(10.2 x body weight + 879) x .60 = _______ x .8 = _______

And don’t use Grow! whey. Use low-carb Metabolic Drive only.

I noticed, after reviewing Chris’ article on the V-Diet, that on the formula that you suggest you added .8. The original formulation does not have this number. Why is that? What is the difference between the two formulations?

The original does have that–for men needing to lose more than 30 pounds.

Day 3, no more running as per chris,

Morning glucose 173 mg/dl

still too high :frowning: