Biotest

Inspired by Success Stories

Hello everyone!

Well after being initially inspired by Gustavo and later seeing all of the success stories on the boards I decided it was time to kill my old eating habits and add years to my life!

A little about me…I am 23 years old and finishing up my last semester in college. I have always been pretty husky, except for a span of about 24 months in which I started lifting, lost a ton of weight, and was slim.

I recently gained about 8 lbs within a span of 3 - 4 months, which is a clear sign that my eating habits need to change and my workout intensity needs to increase.

My goals:

1. Complete the V-diet
  2. Get under 200 lbs by the end of the v-diet

CURRENT STATS:

Height: 5’10
Weight: 218.4

Here is what i purchased, it is scheduled to be delivered today so I may ease into the diet with a 50/50 day and start full force tomorrow.

Flameout�?� Inflammation Scavenger, 90 softgels 2
HOT-ROX�?� Extreme, 110 capsules 2
Metabolic Drive�?� Low-Carb MRP Flavor: Chocolate 3
Metabolic Drive�?� Low-Carb MRP Flavor: Orange 1
Metabolic Drive�?� Low-Carb MRP Flavor: Strawberry 3
Metabolic Drive�?� Low-Carb MRP Flavor: Vanilla 3
Caffeine-Free Spike® 50 tablets 1
Surge Post-Workout Recovery Drink, 16 servings Flavor: Raspberry 2
ZMA Anabolic Mineral Support 1

Measurements and pictures to come VERY soon…

Banker's V-Diet

Good luck Delta22. It is quite a journey. I am on day #3 and so far things are going pretty good, but I have a long way to go.

Keep on reading and encouraging others. It really does help.

Welcome aboard the V-Diet train.

fitnesslady

[quote]fitnesslady wrote:
Good luck Delta22. It is quite a journey. I am on day #3 and so far things are going pretty good, but I have a long way to go.

Keep on reading and encouraging others. It really does help.

Welcome aboard the V-Diet train.

fitnesslady[/quote]

Thank you fitnesslady! I’ve noticed that the people who do the best are the ones who are involved in other’s logs so I will make sure to take your advice!

Good luck Delta. Seems as if we are pretty similar. I am 22 years old in my last semester of college. I also went from 210 to 189 my sophmore year of college but now gained back to 210. Just as you I was inspired by Gus. That is why about 10 minutes ago I ordered the V-Diet arsenal. Can’t wait to start.

welcome aboard delta! My starting weight was pretty much the same as you, you got 2 inches on me though so you’re probably a little slimmer. Same age as well. Stick to it cleanly and you’ll most certainly get sub-200 before the month is up!

[quote]Blakers wrote:
Good luck Delta. Seems as if we are pretty similar. I am 22 years old in my last semester of college. I also went from 210 to 189 my sophmore year of college but now gained back to 210. Just as you I was inspired by Gus. That is why about 10 minutes ago I ordered the V-Diet arsenal. Can’t wait to start. [/quote]

Look forward to checking out your log bro!

Food Plan for 9/4/2008

Ok here’s my meal plan for tomorrow. I am short a few calories, I need to buy some flaxed seed tomorrow and throw it in one of my shakes.

Calories
Low: 1556 Calories
High: 1868 Calories

WORKOUT DAYS
9AM Meal #1: 1 Serving Vanilla, 3 BCAA, 2 Fish Oil, 1 HOT-ROX (246 CALS <26 FISH OIL>)
12 PM Meal #2: 1 Serving Chocolate, 3 BCAA (200 CALS)
3 PM Meal #3: 1 Serving Strawberry, 1 Scoop Surge, 1 HOT-ROX (390 CALORIES<170 Surge>)
5 PM Meal #4: 1 Serving Vanilla, 1 Scoop Surge (390 CALORIES<170 Surge>)
7 PM Meal #5: 1 Serving Chocolate, 3 BCAA(200 CALS)
10 PM Meal #6: 1 Serving Strawberry, 2 Fish Oil, 3 BCAA, 3 ZMA (246 CALS <26 FISH OIL>)

1672 Calories, Short 196 CALS

Hey Delta…where’s your peanut butter? That can add close to 200 calories…

[quote]Kristen518 wrote:
Hey Delta…where’s your peanut butter? That can add close to 200 calories…[/quote]

Almost forgot about that, I’ll have to pick some up tonight. Thanks!

Stats:

Weight: 218.4
BF: 22.5% (electrical impedence)
Waist(belly): 43"
Chest" 46.25
Forearms: 11.75
Biceps: R - 15 L - 14.75
Quad R - 26" L - 25.375
Calves - 15 1/16
Neck - 16"

WOW how the hell did I not notice my 43" waist and 46" chest? It’s time for a change!

Day 1 = SUCCESS!

DIET/SUPPLEMENTS

9AM Meal #1: 1 Serving Vanilla, 3 BCAA, 2 Fish Oil, 1 HOT-ROX (246 CALS <26 FISH OIL>)
3 PM Meal #3: 1 Serving Strawberry, 1 Scoop Surge, 1 HOT-ROX (390 CALORIES<170 Surge>)
6 PM Meal #4: 1 Serving Vanilla, 1 Scoop Surge (390 CALORIES<170 Surge>)
9 PM Meal #5: 1 Serving Chocolate,2 TBSP peanut butter 3 BCAA(390 CALS)

11PM Shake #6: 1 Serving Orange

Total calories: 1,816

WORKOUT

A1 Wide-grip pull-up for 3 reps

A2 Deadlift for 3 reps
3 @ 135,145,155,155,165,175,175

A3 Dip for 3 reps

Side Planks: 2 x 45 sec per side

NEPA
Walked to and from school: 30 minutes each way
Rode bike at a very light pace to GNC to get milled flax seed: 20 minutes

QUESTION:
It seems like this was a lot of NEPA…What do you guys think?

SUMMARY
The workout really kicked my ass! On my last set of dips I was 90% positive that I was going to puke on the eccentric portion of my 2nd rep.

Today I went to my finance club meeting and ofcourse they had free pizza! I didn’t even look at the pizza and made sure to sit in the front so I couldn’t see anyone else eating.

QUESTION #2:
I felt like my mood was better than usual, what’s the stuff in HOT-ROX that’s supposed to make you feel “euphoric”?

Tomorrow’s Diet & NEPA Plan:

9AM Meal #1: 1 Serving Vanilla, 3 BCAA, 3 Fish Oil, 1 HOT-ROX (246 CALS <39 FISH OIL>)
3 PM Meal #3: 1 Serving Strawberry, 1 Serving Flax Seed (340)
6 PM Meal #4: 1 Serving Vanilla, 1 Serving Flax Seed (340) CALORIES<170 surge>)
9 PM Meal #5: 1 Scoop Chocolate, (200 CALS), 1 TBSP PB
11 PM Meal #6: 1 Scoop Strawberry,1 Scoop PB 3 Fish Oil, 3 BCAA, 3 ZMA (146 CALS <39 FISH OIL

1560 CALS

I plan on riding my bike for 8 miles tomorrow to and from work at a very leisurely pace for my NEPA. This should take me about 40 minutes on flat terrain at a pace of about 10 MPH.

Now time for some guitar hero :slight_smile:

Hey Delta,

One day down and 27 to go! Looks like your day went well. Each day is different. I wished we could duplicate our goods days for 28 and then be done. Some moments and hours are better than others. I am in to day 5 and feel pretty good, despite not sleeping too well. I am looking forward to a strong week with hubby being gone. I can just concentrate on me and this diet.

Stay stong!

fitnesslady

[quote]
I plan on riding my bike for 8 miles tomorrow to and from work at a very leisurely pace for my NEPA. This should take me about 40 minutes on flat terrain at a pace of about 10 MPH.

Now time for some guitar hero :)[/quote]

Congrats on making it through the pizza temptation, thats a tough one. Actually, I would think the first couple weeks are going to be pretty trying simply because there is so much happening on and off campus. Sta foucsed and you’ll kick some ass.

Oh, and remember that you can burn a few extra calories by dancing around like a jack-ass while rocking out to guitar hero!

Day #2 - Success!

Today was a really tough day for me. I’m not sure if it is the HOT-ROX or if I just pushed it too hard on my bike ride but I was starving and getting close to the point of eating anything in site.

I kept my focus, drank lots of water, and toughed it out, which is great because now I know I will have the strength to get through my mom’s birthday party tomorrow.

TOMORROW’S PLAN:

WORKOUT:

I was sweating like crazy during my first workout so I can’t wait to see what tomorrow brings; it looks like a lot more intense than the first.

1 Standing alternating dumbbell shoulder press for 4 reps
Rest 35 seconds

A2 Alternating forward lunge for 4 reps
Rest 35 seconds

A3 One-arm dumbbell row for 4 reps
Rest 35 seconds and repeat A1-A3 three more times

B1 Overhead dumbbell triceps extension for 4 reps
Rest 35 seconds

B2 Standing dumbbell hammer curl for 4 reps
Rest 35 seconds

B3 Front squat for 4 reps
Rest 35 seconds and repeat B1-B3 three more times

2 sets of plank hold for 60 seconds

DIET
I think I’m planning on keeping the same shake schedule for workout & non-workout days, maybe switch the order around. Here’s my shake schedule for tomorrow:

Overall I am pretty positive and already have pictures of outback’s queensland salad dancing in my mind, I can’t wait!

Well done. Stay strong with the b-day party. I think this weekend will be a test for both of us.

Weekends are always the trickiest days. Remember to keep busy and stay out of the cake.

That heavy forward lunge superset to a heavy front squat superset (A3 B3) looks like a teeth gritter. Good luck, lift hard!

Day #3: short-term failure

Well today I felt like shit and rationalized too much. for my fourth meal I had about 6 oz. of chicken/steak(6 oz. total), some celery, and 2 ounces avocado. On the bright side I kept my food pretty clean and resisted eating refined carbs or anything else terribly unhalthy.

Other than that the day was good; my workout was VERY intense and I was sweating like crazy. Turns out the school doesn’t have towels anymore and I had my own little pile going on in the corner!

I am tempted to modify the diet to have one solid meal per day, but I am not sure whether or not I will do this. In the mean time I will stick to my non-workout day diet, Nepa, and keep on truckin. I will keep my log posted on whether or not I switch in the daily HSM.

TOMORROW

NEPA: 30 minute walk

delta22 - Keep on trucking. Do not let one break down ruin the whole thing. Take that meal as your HSM for the week, and stick with the diet as it is laid out. Good luck and stay strong.

Delta,

Sorry to hear of your slip up, but you kept it healthy and like needresults said, use it as your HSM day and move on. I didn’t see the scale move like I though I should, but I kept strong and kept moving forward. So can you.

Stay strong!

fitneslady

closed #20