Biotest

Injury on the V-Diet?

Is it more likely that you’ll injure yourself on the V-Diet? I’ve read here that low calories can increase potential for injury. I ask this because after doing the Waterbury workout of 9x3 on week 2 circuit of deads, dips, pullups, i have a pain in my left lower back and hamstring when i bend over.

I’ve had this before so maybe it’s a recurring problem and not related to the diet? Just wondering if i should cut back a little on the intensity. I was only pulling 335 and by the end i was only getting 315. that’s really not that much seeing as I weigh 167-169lbs. or should i just say fuck it and keep the balls to the wall intensity to maintain muscle.

i would like to go with the latter but i don’t want to put myself out of being able to lift in the middle of the diet. Just wondering if it could be diet related.

Never heard that myself, although I suppose a starvation diet with few nutrients might eventually lead to that. But with the V-Diet, you’re well nourished, even if calories are low enough for fat loss. In fact, the V-Diet, although mostly liquid, is healthier than the diet of the average overweight person (it contains good fats, adequate fiber, plenty of protein, etc.) Add Superfood if you’re worried though.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
Never heard that myself, although I suppose a starvation diet with few nutrients might eventually lead to that. But with the V-Diet, you’re well nourished, even if calories are low enough for fat loss. In fact, the V-Diet, although mostly liquid, is healthier than the diet of the average overweight person (it contains good fats, adequate fiber, plenty of protein, etc.) Add Superfood if you’re worried though.

[/quote]

yeah i was just wondering if there’s enough for repair. i felt fine after the first week just a tad weak. my diet before the V-Diet was high in lean protein low carbs (green veggies only) healthy fats (nuts, avocados, olive and coconut oil) so i wasn’t eating at all like your typical north american, and i haven’t been “overweight” for awhile so i don’t think i was nutrient starved before going on the V-Diet, that’s why i asked about switch to super low calories while lifting heavy.