Biotest

Indigo with Inositol?

Hello everyone. I’ve gone back on Indigo 3G and loving the results, but I have a question on how to possibly make Indigo more effective.

An article states that Inositol provides a synergistic beneficial effect with Cyanidin-3-Glucoside and I was wondering if “stacking” them two would be a good idea. I’ve found cheap inositol supplements around and figured it would be worth a try to make the product that much more effective.

Also, a weird thing I noticed was the article says 150mg/kg bodyweight is an appropriate dose, while Indigo only provides 600mg total (which obviously is not enough according to the study). Is there anything that is increasing the bioavailability in Indigo?

I don’t know which study you mean.

There is a study showing that phytic acid (inositol hexakisphosphate) increases absorption of C3G but this appears to be simply from slowing gastrointestinal motility, which overall is not a good thing. Phytic acid also interferes with absorption of minerals. That study however shows nothing about an appropriate dose of C3G being 150 mg per kilo of bodyweight, which is a figure which really makes no sense.

If having the specific article you mean then perhaps we might see something else in it, such as perhaps they happened to use 150 mg per kg of some extract, which might have been a low purity extract. That would be far more plausible than 150 mg/kg of C3G itself (which for example would be 12 grams for an 80 kg, 176 lb individual.)

Indigo-3G uses a microemulsion system which was found to work better than supplying C3G simply as powdered extract.

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
I don’t know which study you mean.

There is a study showing that phytic acid (inositol hexakisphosphate) increases absorption of C3G but this appears to be simply from slowing gastrointestinal motility, which overall is not a good thing. Phytic acid also interferes with absorption of minerals. That study however shows nothing about an appropriate dose of C3G being 150 mg per kilo of bodyweight, which is a figure which really makes no sense.

If having the specific article you mean then perhaps we might see something else in it, such as perhaps they happened to use 150 mg per kg of some extract, which might have been a low purity extract. That would be far more plausible than 150 mg/kg of C3G itself (which for example would be 12 grams for an 80 kg, 176 lb individual.)

Indigo-3G uses a microemulsion system which was found to work better than supplying C3G simply as powdered extract.

[/quote]

I actually posted the study, but it was edited/moderated. Either way, thanks for clearing up some things!

You’re welcome, glad it was of help!