Biotest

Indigo, Plazma, Finibars, and Mag-10 Timing

Hello,

This will be the first time I’m using Indigo, Plazma, FiniBars, and Mag-10, and I would like to ask for some help with the timing.

I wake up at 4:00 a.m. and start my workouts by 5:00 a.m., so my planned protocol looks like this:

Indigo 3G - 4:00 a.m.
FiniBar - 4:30 a.m.
Plazma Pre-Workout - 4:45 a.m.
Plazma Peri-Workout - 5:00 a.m. - 6:30 a.m.
PWO Shake - 6:45 a.m.
Mag-10 Pulse - 7:30 a.m.
Breakfast - 8:00 a.m.

I plan to pulse Mag-10 for a total of 3 times per day, but I’m not sure as to which would be the most optimal times to do so with the remaining two pulses.

Should I pulse as soon as I wake up and have Mag-10 with Indigo? Should I instead add a pulse along with the FiniBar? Or should I should I save it and pulse two more times spaced out throughout the day?

Any suggestions with timings are welcome.

Thank you.

Your setup looks pretty good! Just based off of what you wrote here, the timing of your Indigo, Finibar and Plazma looks good. I don’t think you need the PWO shake, it may blunt the “pulsing” effects of your first Mag-10 post workout. Between the Finibar, and 2 scoops of Plazma you’re getting about 700 calories and 120g carbs, along with 45g protein. Plazma really eliminates the need for a PWO shake, especially with 2 scoops and a Finibar. So, I’d recommend after your Plazma fueled workout, have your Mag-10 pulse 45-60 minutes post workout, then breakfast 30 min later.

Your 2 pulses later could be between meals, or 30 minutes before a meal. Never really a wrong time to have a Mag-10!

1 Like

Big x2 to what Rob said. the plan and timetable you laid out is pretty much picture perfect, except for that “PWO shake”. Not sure what’s in it, but you’ve already got the Finibar and Plazma pre-workout, Plazma peri-workout, and the Mag-10 and hour post-workout, so your bases are already covered 100%.

I wouldn’t add a pulse with the Finibar (though some people have been known to do a pulse and a Finibar as a quick “meal” during the day, FWIW). I’d just reallocate that pulse elsewhere during the day. A serving of Mag-10 very last thing right before bed is a great time. The nutrients overlap well with the physical recovery and hormone surge that takes place during sleep.

Thank you all very much for your input.

I just have a few more questions.

I know Christian Thibaudeau pulses Mag-10 as soon as he wakes up to break the catabolic state caused by sleep, and I know he lifts early in the morning as well.

Could I benefit from taking his approach and pulse Mag-10 together with Indigo first thing as I wake up?

I know Chris Shugart mentioned that taking Indigo 30 minutes before workout nutrition was more for solid food or pre-workout nutrition such as Plazma, so maybe pulsing Mag-10 with Indigo wouldn’t affect it negatively. Any thoughts on this?

Just to clarify, the reason I’m thinking of pulsing Mag-10 first thing in the morning is because of the way Christian Thibaudeau uses it, the way TC Luoma recommends it in his article, “What You Don’t Know About Workout Supplements”, and the way John Meadows programs it into the protocol for the Reactive Pump program.

Also, the PWO shake I mentioned is what I consume post workout, and it’s also how I get a decent bulk of my calories in for the day.

In case it helps, this is what goes into it:

3/4 Cup Oats
3 Eggs
1 Banana
2 Tablespoons Peanut Butter
Cinnamon
3 Scoops Whey Protein
1 3/4 Cup Almond Milk

It falls somewhere along the lines of this:

Calories - 1,265
Fat - 31g
Carbs - 130g
Protein - 108g

If I’m still to consume this, when would be the optimal time to add it into as far as timing goes?

I know Christian Thibaudeau has said that he’s made his best gains pulsing Mag-10 15 minutes after a workout, and John Meadows programs it like this as well in his protocol and adds the post-workout meal 15 minutes later, so maybe take it 15 minutes after the Mag-10 in this case?

So the outline now looks like this:

Indigo 3G/Mag-10 - 4:00 a.m.
FiniBar - 4:30 a.m.
Plazma Pre-Workout - 4:45 a.m.
Plazma Peri-Workout - 5:00 a.m. - 6:30 a.m.
Mag 10 Pulse - 6:45 a.m.
PWO Shake - 7:00 a.m.
Breakfast - 8:00 a.m.

Would this work? Or should I look towards eliminating protein shakes from the post-workout window as FiniBars, Plazma, and Mag-10 take care of everything?

Thank you again for your help.

I think given the fact that you’re eating a Finibar within 30 minutes of waking up, you’re covered and don’t need the Mag-10. I don’t think it would have any negative effects, I just don’t think it would be necessary given the fact that you’re consuming Finibars and Plazma so close to waking.

While you certainly could have a Mag-10 with Indigo, again I don’t think you need it based on your current plan. If you were going longer before eating after waking it would be more beneficial, but if you’re having Indigo first thing in the AM and consuming a Finibar 30 min later, you’re covered. Remember you’re getting 15g protein with the Finibar, and also remember the same protein that’s in Mag-10 is in Plazma and you’re getting 2 servings of it. You’re good to go.

jesus christ that’s a lot of calories! Just my opinion that seems ludicrous, there’s no possible way your body can process that many nutrients at once in a beneficial manner. You consume that, THEN breakfast an hour later? This needs changing. Consuming that shake, then a Mag-10, you’ll get zero “pulsing” benefits from it. I don’t think you should consume that shake ever, I can’t imagine eating that many calories at once will be beneficial. Cut it in half and use that as breakfast, and have the other half a couple hours later or something. To consume a 1300 calorie “shake” then eat “breakfast” an hour later, I think there’s a good possibility you’ll add on fat rather than contribute to LBM gains.

I think that’s a good idea.

Here’s what I think you should do:
4am-Indigo
4:30-Finibar
4:45-Pre-WO Plazma
5:00-Peri-WO Plazma
6:45 - Mag 10
7:30 - Breakfast (a solid breakfast, or half of your original PWO shake AS your breakfast). Either way I think anything past 600-700 calories will be past the point of diminishing returns.

Also, I don’t think you mentioned your height/weight. If you’ve got a lot of LBM and eat a lot of calories (4000-5000 or something like that) then you definitely need to be eating big meals, I just think 1,300 at once won’t be helping you. If you want to cram in more calories, you can always have 2 Finibars instead of one, 3 scoops of Plazma instead of 2. That’s an extra 500 cals right there)

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Disclaimer: Individual results may vary.