Biotest

Indigo and Plazma

I’m hoping Chris or others can take a few minutes to read this and help with a couple questions about Biotest sups I just ordered.
Quick background
Turning 38 on the 18th
5’8", 210 pounds

-I was a really fat bastard (230+lbs) and worked hard to lose some weight - I got down to about 185lbs… I was pretty happy with my success, but when I shed the fat, I found I had very little in the way of muscle… I have spent the last two years working on building strength and muscle and pretty good about where I am strength wise, but would like to lean out.

-I’ve just ordered my first batch of Indigo and Plazma and looking forward to incorporating these into my plan. From a carb standpoint, I’m ranging as low as 25 carbs a day to as high as 180 carbs per day depending on the day. I consume 1.5 grams of protein per body weight and use fat (mainly peanut butter and almond butter) as the difference to hit about 2,300 cals per day.

-I train at 5AM and this is my only option - 60 hour a week job with three kids in sports and school that tie up nights. My training is comprised on compound lifts - I basically only squat, deadlift, press, and bench, with farmers walks for conditioning and some LISS and HITT thrown in on not lifting days.

My questions:

1. Can you help with how I should incorporate Indigo and Plazma into my training? From what I’ve read, timing is critical, but I can’t really see getting up much earlier than about 4:15AM.
  2. If I understanding correctly, a loading phase is recommended with Indigo - can you confirm?
  3. Should I plan to up my carbs while on Indigo or maintain and see what happens.
    Any other gaps you see in the above (which I am sure there are). I have some picks in my hub if you want to get an idea of my body type. My legs and my upper body above my navel are pretty lean compared to the damn spare tire around my mid-section. I want this gone for one time in my life.

Really appreciate your help.

Way to get things done!

1. Early morning training can be a little trickier but it’s doable. For <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/indigo-3g"target=“new”>Indigo-3G do the “wake 'n take.” Have 6 capsules sitting right there at the bedside with a bottle of water. Take upon waking. Have your pre-load serving of <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/plazma"target=“new”>Plazma on the way to the gym or about 15 minutes before serious training begins. Have 1 to 2 more servings during training. Don’t sweat it if this is more like 10 minutes instead of 15. You don’t need to be that precise.

2. Indigo-3G is made to work with carbs. As a nutrient partitioning agent, you have to give your body something to repartition. While everyone is a little different, the average Indigo-3G user seeking muscle gains can easily get in 300g of quality carbs per day, and your Plazma counts as part of this. Some find that 200 is best for them, others top 500 easily. You’ll dial it in as you go along. But do not do a low carb diet while on Indigo-3G. Indigo fixes all the underlying issues that force people to resort to low carbs to begin with.

3. There’s no official loading phase with the current Indigo-3G formula. That’s old info for a previous formula. You CAN take two full servings of Indigo-3G per day, but most people are very satisfied with one.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
Way to get things done!

1. Early morning training can be a little trickier but it’s doable. For <a href="http://www.T-Nation.com/store/products/indigo-3g"target=“new”>Indigo-3G do the “wake 'n take.” Have 6 capsules sitting right there at the bedside with a bottle of water. Take upon waking. Have your pre-load serving of <a href="http://www.T-Nation.com/store/products/plazma"target=“new”>Plazma on the way to the gym or about 15 minutes before serious training begins. Have 1 to 2 more servings during training. Don’t sweat it if this is more like 10 minutes instead of 15. You don’t need to be that precise.

2. Indigo-3G is made to work with carbs. As a nutrient partitioning agent, you have to give your body something to repartition. While everyone is a little different, the average Indigo-3G user seeking muscle gains can easily get in 300g of quality carbs per day, and your Plazma counts as part of this. Some find that 200 is best for them, others top 500 easily. You’ll dial it in as you go along. But do not do a low carb diet while on Indigo-3G. Indigo fixes all the underlying issues that force people to resort to low carbs to begin with.

3. There’s no official loading phase with the current Indigo-3G formula. That’s old info for a previous formula. You CAN take two full servings of Indigo-3G per day, but most people are very satisfied with one.

[/quote]

Chris - thank so much for taking the time to respond. I really appreciate the info. And sorry for all the weird symbols in my OP - just noticed.

1 follow-up question if anyone can provide insight. Starting taking supplements and consumered about 200 carbs during training… Felt great! Great session.

Later today, I had about 60 carbs for dinner and felt sluggish. Am I consuming to many carbs, spiking insulin too high if I feel sluggish? Or will Indigo help neutralize fat storage even outside of training window?

One serving of Indigo-3G is effective for at least 6 hours. That said, much of how carbs effect you is dependent on the types of carbs, your own body, your history, training etc. It’s hard to say really, because there’s such a variance among individuals. Check out some of insulin articles in the archives. Lots of good info there on this tricky subject.

Thanks again Chris - I’ll check out the articles.

I’ll shut up now… Just trying to figure out how to dial in.

These two supplements are no f’ing joke. I’m on day 3 and look and feel noticeably different.

Chris -

Just wanted to report that I have been using Indigo 3G and Plazma for 3 weeks. I’ve followed your advice on lifting days and have taken 6 pills upon waking (4:15ish AM), 1 dose of Plazma at 4:45AM and 2 more doses through an hour of lifting.

On the level of creatine, these have been the best compliments to my training in terms of supplements (and I’ve tried almost everything). I feel extremely fueled up, my training has been excellent, I am leaning up in line with my goals, and I feel great. I take my dose on no training days prior to dinner (or my largest / 'carb-iest" meal of the day).

These are well worth the investment. I have recommended these to many, many people. Thanks so much for the great products.

For anyone considering, please give these a try.

woot!

Awesome, great to hear!