Biotest

Indigo and Older Lifters?

I’m 64 and been taking Indigo for about 2 weeks. I thought I read on some earlier posts that it takes a bit longer to see results the older you are. Just wondered if there’s any truth to that? I’ve been taking it every morning right after my workout with some BCAAs and Creatine, and about 30 minutes before my protein shake and some oatmeal.

[quote]sdevine49 wrote:
I’m 64 and been taking Indigo for about 2 weeks. I thought I read on some earlier posts that it takes a bit longer to see results the older you are. Just wondered if there’s any truth to that? I’ve been taking it every morning right after my workout with some BCAAs and Creatine, and about 30 minutes before my protein shake and some oatmeal.[/quote]

It’s not a stimulant. It’s a very strong antioxidant basically. Helps mitigate inflammation from a carbs heavy diet (a lot of carb bloat is an inflammation response). So, not exactly sure what you are looking for in terms of perceivable effects?

Once I get to about 250g a day of carbs, I feel (and look) bloated. My understanding (which isn’t always spot on) is that that’s what Indigo helps with.

Two articles here will help you out:

<a href="http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/most_recent/indigo3g_what_to_expect"target=“new”>What to Expect

<a href="http://www.t-nation.com/supplements/what-you-dont-know-about-workout-supplementation"target=“new”>What You Don’t Know About Workout Supplementation

Thanks Chris!

[quote]sdevine49 wrote:
Once I get to about 250g a day of carbs, I feel (and look) bloated. My understanding (which isn’t always spot on) is that that’s what Indigo helps with. [/quote]

That’s part of what it helps with. First hand experience here is that even when I do get carb bloat, it’s goes away a bit quicker. I also tend to hold less water from carb bloat. Admittedly this didn’t occur instantaneously when I first started using the stuff.

Also, keep in mind that Indigo-3G is a nutrient partitioning agent, basically shuttling nutrients toward muscle growth rather than fat storage (in a nutshell.) It’s not really an anti-bloat product and if we eat enough of course we’ll always get a temporary “food baby”. You may want to check your carb sources too. Sometimes wheat can really mess with people when it comes to bloat.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
Also, keep in mind that Indigo-3G is a nutrient partitioning agent, basically shuttling nutrients toward muscle growth rather than fat storage (in a nutshell.) It’s not really an anti-bloat product and if we eat enough of course we’ll always get a temporary “food baby”. You may want to check your carb sources too. Sometimes wheat can really mess with people when it comes to bloat. [/quote]

Food baby. Ha ha ha ha ha.