Biotest

Indigo and Milk

I recently purchased Indigo for the first time. I intend to take 5 caps a day. I currently drink 3/4 - 1 full gallon of whole milk/day, and I’ve maintained a level of leanness along the lines of my avatar picture. I’ve been doing this for quite awhile (multiple years) and I’ve never really put on any more fat than I currently have.

Milk has a fairly high carb/sugar content. A large portion of my daily carbs, outside of peri-workout, come from milk. My question is: if I’ve been able to maintain a fairly consistent bodyfat percentage with my current diet, should I expect to be able to reduce body fat on the same diet? In other words, if I want to reduce body fat, should I also reduce my milk consumption?

It seems like the biggest benefit of Indigo is the ability to eat more carbs, so if my carbs are already pretty high and I’m a lean guy to begin with, I would think my current milk consumption would work well with the product.

I’m also using 1-2 scoops of Plazma for workouts. Dinner is inconsistent, it’s whatever my wife cooks. Plazma and milk are the consistent staples of my diet. If you need more info, I’ll be glad to provide it!

I would keep the milk in.

This way, if you get leaner, you know it was the Indigo and not the removal of the milk.

Hard to tell what’s doing what if you don’t lock down as many variables as possible.

First, we’d suggest following the label. (You’re one capsule short, unless that was a typo.)

As for milk, it’s my personal opinion that those who want to get lean, stay lean as you age, and seek optimal health avoid milk. I won’t get into it all here, but you can probably find my writings on the downsides of milk elsewhere on the site. If you’re doing fine with it, that’s great. If you want to focus on fat loss, milk is the first thing I’d suggest dropping. Or of course you course shift the training focus toward fat loss and keep it. Lots of ways to shift to fat loss goals, but dietary is the easiest and fastest. And you can still eat plenty of carbs for Indigo-3G to utilize without relying on milk. (I sometimes hit 400-500g per day and never drink milk.)

That was a typo, I meant 6/day.

Serge, that was my thought. If I want to judge the efficacy of Indigo, it seems reasonable that I would only want to manipulate 1 variable. I mentioned the fact that I’ve been drinking large quantities of milk for a substantial amount of time to demonstrate that I respond better to it than most people seem to. The milk is non-homogenized and grass-fed, for what that’s worth.

Chris, I have dropped milk completely in the past. Last year I eliminated it from my diet completely for 60 days. I replaced it with MAG-10 through the day. I didn’t notice any body-composition changes during that period, and overall I felt shitty a lot during that period. That being said, I am aware of your position on milk, and I’ve read most if not all articles you’ve posted on this site over the last 10 years.

I’m obviously biased toward keeping the milk in my diet, and I’d also like to manipulate 1 variable at a time. So, here’s what I think I’ll do. I’m going to run Indigo at the recommended dose for 2 months at a minimum. I do want to see how my body responds to the combination of milk and Indigo. If I’m seeing the desired results, I’ll likely continue that way. 2 months should be enough time to see results, from what I’ve read. If after that period of time, I don’t see any results, I’ll drop the milk.

I appreciate the input from both of you, and I respect both opinions greatly. I’ll update this in a month, and then at 2 months.