Biotest

Indigo After Berries in Shake

I started taking Indigo last week. I’ve read most of TC’s and Chris’s posts and articles, so I am following the dosing instructions on the label. My concern is about interference from berries. I typically blend up four scoops of Metabolic Drive and 2 cups of mixed strawberries, blueberries, and cherries in the morning. I drink about half right away (6:30 am) and drink the rest around 2:00 or 3:00 pm. Would this interfere with Indigo if I have my pre-dinner dose or pre-workout dose around 6:30 pm?

Also, why are we instructed to take the dose pre-dinner rather than any other meal? Just curious.

Thanks in advance.

Dr. Ziegenfuss once said to keep concentrated sources of quercetin and other compounds about 6 hours away from your Indigo-3G dose, just to be sure. So, just in case, I’d suggest skipping the blended berries in the afternoon. They may be an overabundance of caution, but given the powerful benefits of Indigo-3G, we’d hate to see anything interfere.

Dinner is usually our biggest meal of the day, plus there may be some additional benefits having Indigo-3G “in you” while you sleep, hence the pre-dinner recommendation for off days.

Thanks Chris. I’ll keep my Metabolic Drive and berries shake for breakfast. Do you have any suggestions for a carbohydrate source (besides the berries) to add to my shake? Plain oatmeal, perhaps?

Thanks again.

Oatmeal shakes are a old classic, but what I prefer to do is make Metabolic Drive “pudding.” Just add Metabolic Drive to cold, cooked rice or quinoa and just enough water to give it a rice pudding consistency. You have to eat it with a spoon of course, but it’s quite delicious. http://tnation.t-nation.com/free_online_forum/diet_performance_nutrition_bodybuilding_velocity_recipe/fast_easy_rice_pudding

This good too: http://tnation.t-nation.com/free_online_forum/diet_performance_nutrition_bodybuilding_velocity_recipe/hot_coconut_rice_pudding

I do think for fat loss and physique purposes it’s best to keep fruit limited to breakfast. Once you refill liver glycogen, the rest can just spill over to fat gain. And fruit does nothing for muscle glycogen or workout recovery. So, berries with breakfast is a great choice, then cut off most fruit intake after that. Fructose can be tricky stuff if overdone. See our article in the archives called “Evils of Fructose” for more info, but it sounds like you’ve got the right plan now regardless.