Biotest

Indigo 3G

I’ve tried to find articles on Indigo, seems hard to find through the search here, but one common thread is that I should not be on a low-carb diet, which I already am. I am getting roughly 250 grams of protien and from 40 to 100 grams of carbs a day, dependsing on the day.

The calories end up adding to 2000, 2200 and 2500. I’m 223 lbs at 5’8 expecting to get down to around 192 for a natural bbing compeition.
What do I do? Increase carbs and calories? Cut protien and\fat to add calories from carbs? And if any of these how much?

I have until Oct 24th for my competition, which means I must lose roughly 2 lbs a week.

I should add the I take MAG-10 and Plazma on the days I workout, which changes carbs and such a bit, but I workout far less frequently than many others who compete. About 2x a week, since I simply do not recover as fast as others do.

One thought that came across my mind is that I could put all my carbs into the 6 hour window, and perhaps even add more carbs during that window. Let me know.

Read all articles from TC and Bill Roberts on the subject.

I’ve read 5 by TC, I haven’t seen an answer to these questions.

Read the label

http://www.T-Nation.com/strength-training-topics/1769
Just change the four hours to six
Click on the Indigo Resources (in red) to get more info)

I’ve read the first two long ago and recently. Doesn’t answer my questions.

Last article is something I found about an hour ago, but the only thing offered new to me was this comment:
Chris Shugart: For maximal results with Indigo-3G, follow the guidelines. They’re all summarized here: http://www.T-Nation.com/...ing-topics/1248 That said, if your plan is to do a very low carb diet with Indigo-3G, then my advice is to… not. Unless you’re obese, then we’d still suggest no lower than 100g of carbs per day, most of those coming around training.

On this page in the comments section: http://www.T-Nation.com/strength-training-topics/1165

So now my plan is to increase my carbs to a little over 100 grams on my low days, but all of my other questions remain unanswered.

Please go to that log, post your exact diet, work out program and supplement regime.

You have 4 months to get ready and there are way too many holes in your story to give you the answer you want.

Short answer (which TC answered by the way): At least 75% of carbs during your work out window, including peri work out. Up your carbs, period if you take Indigo. You must give it something to work with. Days off, take indigo around your biggest carb meals. Again, 200g of carbs or so.

you also need to work out more then 2x a week. More plazma to recoup better, would be an option. CT has an article on not cutting back peri workout when dieting.

Again, go to your log and post everything. You will get all the help you can handle and set you on a proper path. Right now, it sounds like you are expecting a lot out of Indigo and HOT-ROX and everything else you asked about (It will help, a lot), but it is not miracle pills.

Good luck.

[quote]tuttle wrote:
So now my plan is to increase my carbs to a little over 100 grams on my low days, but all of my other questions remain unanswered.[/quote]
Indigo works most efficiently when the diet is not low carb. So, if you continue to follow a low carb diet, you’ll be missing out on 100% of the potential effects.

I agree with “crowding” the majority of your carbs around your workout, but the fact that you workout so infrequently is another general mark against maximal effectiveness.

Basically, I think you should gradually increase your total carbs on training days. Start with more pre-training, and then more in other meals on those days. If you need to compensate to keep calories in check (and I’m not sure you do), then reduce the fat intake a bit.

Also, it’s a little tangential to this thread, but weighing 192 in stage-ready condition at a natural show at your height is freaking giant, and an easy 20 pounds more than many top pros. I believe you’re significantly underestimating how much fat you have to lose. The good thing is that your show is still quite a while away.

Get on the Indigo, get your training and nutrition sorted out, and you should be able to see some progress in time.

I think based on the carb recc’s I’m going to further open up the carb consumption on meals around Indigo, I’ve got some family gatherings where I should be able to do it. There’s a workshop coming up for the event and I’ll get sorted out if my weight is right. I don’t think I can be too far off though, this is based on testing. But I may lose more water weight than I currently think atm too.

And I think while I’m on it I’ll increase my training frequency and reduce it after. But, I’m not going to the gym until my exam is done Wed night.

I have a question that is probably answered somewhere but I couldn’t find it and wasn’t exactly sure from what is listed in the “things to avoid” IG3 post.

I take IG3 before lunch and before workouts but would like to drink green tea after lunch to aid in digestion, etc…

Will green tea reduce the IG3 effects or am I good to go there? Also, are the health benefits of green tea a myth? If so, I’ll stop drinking it and make this point mute.

Thanks!

[quote]ac1065 wrote:
I have a question that is probably answered somewhere but I couldn’t find it and wasn’t exactly sure from what is listed in the “things to avoid” IG3 post.

I take IG3 before lunch and before workouts but would like to drink green tea after lunch to aid in digestion, etc…

Will green tea reduce the IG3 effects or am I good to go there? Also, are the health benefits of green tea a myth? If so, I’ll stop drinking it and make this point mute.

Thanks![/quote]

Just don’t take your Indigo-3G WITH green tea and you’ll be fine :stuck_out_tongue: