Biotest

Indigo-3G - What to Avoid

Jbails99 asks:

I just had a general question about supplementing with Indigo-3G. It seemed like a lot of the information I found was based off when it was first released.

I saw mentions of needing to avoid quercetin, anthocyanins or anthocyanidins. Would that include green tea extract (egcg)? I supplement with that and would hate to quit taking it. Or would I just have to take it a certain amount of minutes/hours after taking Indigo? Thanks!

[quote]It seemed like a lot of the information I found was based off when it was first released.

I saw mentions of needing to avoid quercetin, anthocyanins or anthocyanidins. Would that include green tea extract (egcg)? I supplement with that and would hate to quit taking it. Or would I just have to take it a certain amount of minutes/hours after taking Indigo[/quote]
Indigo-3G has been refined and improved since it first debuted a few years ago, yep. The best rule of thumb is to have a buffer of at least a few hours (say 4-6) between a serving of Indigo and any strong antioxidants like the ones you mentioned, including green tea to be doubly safe.

So, if you’re taking the egcg for fat loss, I wouldn’t have that before training since Indigo is ideal pre-workout.

Not to beat the dead horse but I saw the super charged coffee article and am wondering if the antioxidants in cocoa or cacao would offset IG3. I drink coffee in the morning and workout during lunch so my window would be pretty short. Thanks for any insight you can provide about cocoa/IG3 effects.

I’m pretty sure whole food sources aren’t concentrated enough to cause any major issues with Indigo.

Fruit/veggie concentrates like Superfood or egcg green tea extracts are a different issue because they’re specifically meant to deliver a ton of antioxidants, so you don’t want to have them too close to a serving of Indigo, but for a tablespoon or so of cacao, I wouldn’t say it’s a big deal especially if it’s several hours apart.

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question Chris!