Biotest

Indigo-3G Usage

Chris,

I got myself some Indigo, and want to put it to use. Unfortunately I can’t afford any Plazma at the same time, as it won’t fit in my budget. Before you give the “You can save $X a week by not buying alcohol/starbucks” spiel, I don’t consume alcohol or foo-foo coffee. I’m serious about improving my body composition and health, but a budget is a budget.

I know I need to step up my carb intake, which has been roughly 150-200g on my high activity days, and 50-100 on my lower activity days. I’m on a six-day per week lifting program, that alternates between upper and lower body each day, as well as running 2-3 times per week, high intensity of course.

My workout times do vary, as I sometimes lift either mid to late morning or early to mid afternoon, depending on the day. I’m currently between 190-195 pounds, which I keep track of for hydration purposes, and roughly 15-16% bodyfat according to my last measurement (judging by the mirror it’s in that range).

Now that you have all the relevant info (if you would like to know more just ask), what is your prognosis?

Next time, take care of workout nutrition, first and foremost. That’s where the supplement budget should go first. Other things can usually come second as budget allows.

Prognosis? Seems like a decent plan overall, though your carbs are generally too low for an Indigo-3G user. Not much else I can add at this point. Your macros don’t mean much to me without seeing the food that make them up. But the Indigo carb guidelines should help: <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/strength-training-topics/1617"target=“new”>Indigo-3G Carb Guide

Same for workout plan, but even if you listed every set and rep I’d have no idea about the intensity in which you go through that plan. As I’ve talked about before, I’ve had people tell me plans I’ve written were “too easy,” then when I trained them using the plan as written, they couldn’t even finish it. So that’s always tricky when diagnosing over the internet.

Interesting post. Interesting in that you tell Chris you want Indigo to “work”…then state that your carbs on training days are roughly half of the suggested 300g carbs/day MINIMUM for most Indigo users. So, I’m confused what you would want Chris to tell you. You can’t afford Plazma- that’s fine, I hear ya- I’m about to sell a kidney to keep taking the stuff.

But you’re not really asking a question. Unless it was “this is my plan ________. Do you see any problems with it?” In which case I can tell you what’s in every Indigo3g thread on this board, because I’ve read them, “part (large part) of what Indigo does is repartitions nutrients- you need to give it something to repartition [such as minimum 300g carbs/day]”.

Hope this helps.

To clarify, I realize that my carbs are low for using Indigo, and I was wondering what you would recommend I use around my workout. My main carb sources are normally rice cakes with peanut butter, cooked rice, whatever vegetables I toss in my meals, and occasionally sweet potatoes. No wheat or sugar.

As far as the workout goes, it’s triphasic training by Cal Dietz. High intensity, high volume, quick pace.

If I am on the right track, great. I am mainly curious to know if there was a specific peri-workout food that would work best. Hopefully this makes sense.

Your solid food carb choices sound pretty good. Don’t forget quinoa, oatmeal if you handle it well, and other forms of rice as well: cream of rice, puffed rice cereal (sugar free). And honestly even regular potatoes are fine too.

I hate to suggest pre and post-workout solid foods, because many will take this to mean “this works like Plazma or Surge” because those foods simply do not and cannot. This article really talks about the details there, and it’s why I personally recommend that every serious lifter start with workout nutrition supplements, or focus mainly there when the budget rears its ugly head: http://www.t-nation.com/supplements/what-you-dont-know-about-workout-supplementation

Hey Chris!

I took Indigo-3G two years ago and seen some good weight gain, but at the same time i think i could have made it more effective!
I remember i would eat some greens (broccoli or salad) or raw caca close to my dosage so it may have hindered the effectiveness…

I am going to try it again, before i start i wanted to ask a few questions about timing also Pre workouts or Bcaas with natural flavoured like orange or blue raspberry… would these natural flavourings effective the Indigo-3G?

I know you should has a empty stomach before taking it, also wait 45-60min after digesting it to eat or take your Intra carb shake but could you eat at 1:00 wait till 2:30 take your dose then take start sipping on your Intra shake at 3:30?

The meal before you take your Indigo-3G should stay away from green fibrous veggies or any berries and fruits! So i could eat like 1/2 cup rice and fish? I am just used to eating veggies at every meal and i dont want to F*ck anything up hahaha…

Sorry for sounding overly cautious just want what i pay for to work the best it possibly can!

Thanks so much Chris, i really appreciate your advice!!

p.s. To make it easier you can also tell me what you eat a few hours before and after taking it!

Andrea

1. You don’t have to avoid eating whole fruits and veggies, bur rather avoid 1) eating them at the exact same time you take Indigo-3G, and 2) eating very concentrated forms of fruits and vegetables, like a “greens” supplement or tons of blended berries. In other words, if you take Indigo-3G as directed – 30 minutes before eating a meal or starting your workout nutrition – then you have nothing to worry about.

2. Natural flavoring are probably okay, but avoid concentrated juices.

3. It’s 30 minutes before workout nutrition or a meal. See label: <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/indigo-3g"target=“new”>Indigo-3G

4. Remember, a single dose of Indigo-3G is “in you” and doing its thing for 6 hours or more. That should make it easy to time things.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:

1. You don’t have to avoid eating whole fruits and veggies, bur rather avoid 1) eating them at the exact same time you take Indigo-3G, and 2) eating very concentrated forms of fruits and vegetables, like a “greens” supplement or tons of blended berries. In other words, if you take Indigo-3G as directed – 30 minutes before eating a meal or starting your workout nutrition – then you have nothing to worry about.

2. Natural flavoring are probably okay, but avoid concentrated juices.

3. It’s 30 minutes before workout nutrition or a meal. See label: <a href="http://www.T-Nation.com/store/products/indigo-3g"target=“new”>Indigo-3G

4. Remember, a single dose of Indigo-3G is “in you” and doing its thing for 6 hours or more. That should make it easy to time things.

[/quote]

Thanks! haha… i was getting worried about having veggies :smiley: I don’t really eat fruit so thats not a worry!

Chris,

Excited to try Indigo 3G for the first time and was just curious with the new once a day dosing if tea would now be ok in the morning if I take Indigo in the evening before workouts or dinner. I’m guessing if separated by 6 hours or more it would work?

Thanks!

[quote]ncaruana wrote:
Chris,

Excited to try Indigo 3G for the first time and was just curious with the new once a day dosing if tea would now be ok in the morning if I take Indigo in the evening before workouts or dinner. I’m guessing if separated by 6 hours or more it would work?

Thanks![/quote]

Yes, no problem.

Awesome!

Thanks Chris.