Biotest

Indigo-3G Timing

Questions around timing. I train at 4pm.

Pre and Post workout I have 75 grams of carbs from oats and 1.5 scoops of Metabolic Drive in each feeding.

How long should I be eating the first oats and pro prior to taking Indigo-3G if I am taking Indigo-3G 30 minutes prior to my training where I sip on Surge Workout Fuel during the sessions. I am walking home from work prior to getting my oats its so maybe I need to eat on the walk or turn them into cookies??? Or should I be having the Indigo right before I leave the office- walk home 30 minutes- then eat first round of oats and pro, wait a bit go train and start the SWF etc.

If I am out of Surge Workout Fuel (have no intra workout nutrition)- is it still best to take the Indigo-3G prior to training or save it till before dinner?

I would suggest taking it 30 min before your preworkout meal if you aren’t going to be consuming any intraworkout. It should be taken before your biggest carb meal of the day (on training days this should be your intraworkout - Surge or Plazma)
Worst case scenario if you are out of Surge make sure you are drinking 30-40g BCAA’s during your workout until your new order arrives. Once you have Surge or Plazma you can go back to taking the Indigo-3G 30min prior to your workout.

Suggestion: You might also want to try consuming a different source of carbs pre/post workout for faster absorption (Rice for example) especially if you aren’t consuming any carbs during the workout.

Hope this helped a bit. Enjoy the Indigo-3G - it’s my favorite!!!

1 Like

Thanks @Bronwen. So it sounds like I am better off taking my Indigo-3G at say 2:30pm when I am leaving the office. Have my pre workout meal around 3:15 when I get home, then go into Surge Workout Fuel when I train at 4ish and then PWO around 5:30pm- then dinner at 7ish.

What about black/kidney beans or chickpeas? I wont use them to the extent of rice, oats and potatoes but I like to cook with them, are they generally approved?

Beans are good in general, but they’re higher fiber which isn’t something you want right around training. I probably wouldn’t have them immediately before or immediately after a workout.

[quote=“HateMachine, post:3, topic:6287”]
it sounds like I am better off taking my Indigo-3G at say 2:30pm when I am leaving the office. Have my pre workout meal around 3:15 when I get home, then go into Surge Workout Fuel when I train at 4ish[/quote]
Just to cosign, this does sound like a good approach for your situation.

@Chris_Colucci

Don’t want to get ahead of myself 1 week in but liking the results/effects so far. I have my Finibars coming in and now have Surge Workout Fuel which completely kicked ass on Friday. Felt like I didn’t want to leave the gym/keep doing more.

Plan now is Indigo like 2:30
1.5 Finibar 3pm
1.5 scoop Surge Workout Fuel intra
1.5 Metabolic Drive and oats post w/o. (thinking of subbing in meat and white rice w/ sautéed veggies here from comments and what I’ve been reading)

makes the peri workout roughly 1150 cals 82 pro 156 carbs 20 fat

roughly 2 hours later I usually have a dinner that ballparks 40pro/80carb/15 fat.

Does this sound right?

Should be pretty much on track. You may want to go with the meat and rice instead of the Metabolic Drive and oats. The Finibar and SWF have you covered, nutritionally, until you get to the food. Metabolic Drive and oats can be a relatively slow-digesting meal (slow absorbing protein and some fiber) which isn’t ideal after training.

1 Like

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Disclaimer: Individual results may vary.