Biotest

Indigo-3G Questions

Its been a while so what happened to the Indigo-3G live thread… having trouble locating it…

Im looking for nutritional advice for taking Indigo-3G again…

Please explain these most recent changes to me.
Thank you!

If you’re referring to the LiveSpill, you can find it here: http://www.t-nation.com/strength-training-topics/2328

You can also ask questions in your <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/indigo-3g"target=“new”>Indigo-3G log or this section if it’s related to our supplements. I’m also available in the Ask Chris forum.

Mr. Shugart,
After 2 yrs. of trying to justify the expenditure for Indigo-3G, I finally decided to cave & buy 4 bottles. As a cop, this is a big investment for me, & I’d like to maximize my results. I have a few questions re: the supplements I’m currently taking & whether or not they’d interfere w/Indiogo-3G.

On days I lift first thing in the a.m., I down the following pre-workout protocol: 
  • 2,500 mg ALC

• 2 Javastim (450 mg caffeine & 100 mg L-Phenyalanine)

• 1,000 mg L-Tyrosine

• 500 mg Quercetin

• 250 Raspberry Ketones (also contains 50 mg Rhodiola)

• 500 mg Green Tea Extract

• 500 mg L-Lysine

• 550 mg Ginger

• 250 mg Relora

• 400 mg Green Coffee Bean Extract

• 100 mg R-ALA

• 600 mg NAC

30 mins. later, I start a shake w/38 gms. protein blend, 35 gms. carbs, 1 tsp cinnamon & 1.5 tsp liquid fish oil. Along w/the shake I take 100 mg Ubiquinol, 250 mg Resveratol, 900 mg CLA & 1 Perfect Super Multi-Green (4 total of these w/each meal throughout the day has a 10,000 ORAC value).

Also throughout the day, I take an additional 500 mg Vitamin C, 1.5 tsp liquid fish oil w/my remaining 3 meals, 4 SuperCissus, 500 mg Curcumin w/each meal, & 250 mg Betaine HCL w/dinner.
    2 hrs. after I last eat, I take ZMA, 400 mg Ashwaganda & 75 mg L-Theanine.

During the summer months, I also take 8 mg Astaxanthin, 400 iu Hi-Gamma Vitamin E, an additional 250 mg Vitamin C, an additional 500 mg Green Tea Extract & 25,000 iu Beta-Carotene.

I realize this is a lot of information to process, but any advice you could give me in order to best maximize the effects of Indigo-3G would be greatly appreciated…

Several of those things could interfere with Indigo-3G. Quercetin and other compounds (anthocyanins and anthocyanidins) can either inhibit or diminish the effects of C3G.

You’re going to have to research that warehouse of supplements and see what all falls into that category, but skimming the list, we’d avoid the quercetin, green tea extract, greens-type products, and possibly resveratol.

The <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/most_recent/indigo3g_repartitions_nutrients_into_muscle_instead_of_fat"target=“new”>Original Indigo-3G Article gets into the details.

So my next question would be what about thermogenics? Okay to take I3G w/aSpike Shooter? Since I eat 4x daily, should all of the meals be high-carb or just the ones after dosing w/the I3G?

[quote]hperic wrote:
So my next question would be what about thermogenics? Okay to take I3G w/aSpike Shooter? Since I eat 4x daily, should all of the meals be high-carb or just the ones after dosing w/the I3G?[/quote]

All meals should contain clean carbs when on Indigo-3G, though your meals after a dose could be higher. (A single dose of Indigo is “in you” and working for over 6 hours.) Most users get at least 300g daily, counting workout drink sources and whole foods. We have a good guide here for carb intake: <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/strength-training-topics/1617"target=“new”>Indigo-3G Carb Guide

You can take thermogenics with Indigo-3G but honestly we don’t suggest it. Most people simply do not need them for fat loss when on Indigo-3G, which fixes the underlying issues that causes body fat problems to begin with.

If you just like the energy effects, Spike etc. will not interfere with Indigo-3G but note that some other energy drinks do contain quercetin and should be avoided.

Is there a guide for carb-consumption around training? I’m 6’2", 215 & currently take in around 40 grams in my drink, which is consumed throughout my workout. I’ve always erred on the lower side of carb intake post-workout & replaced them w/glutamine (in order to try & stay lean)…

My typical daily meals are as follows:

1. Breakfast is 4 eggs over easy, 3 slices of canadian bacon or turkey/chicken sausage links, & 2 slices FiberOne toast w/1 serving jelly
  2. Lunch is 6 oz. cooked weight chicken/steak/pork on a Mission low-carb wrap (26 grams fiber) w/2 slices cheese
  3. Workout/Postworkout drink consisting of approximately 40 grams protein blend & 40 grams sugars from a serving of kefir & Gatorade Recovery combined
  4. Dinner is 6 oz. cooked weight chicken/steak/pork, large salad & the carb source is some sort of pasta/rice or potatoes

Any suggestions?

FiberOne toast is junk food. It’s gluten, sugar, and bad fats basically. Much better choices out there. Low-carb wraps are frankenfood. (Look at the ingredients, pretty nasty stuff.)

I suggest rice sources for the breads and pastas. These are tasty with none of the drawbacks. Rice and rice products are a good solid-food carb source for Indigo-3G users.

We suggest upgrading your workout drink as well. Have you looked into <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/plazma"target=“new”>Plazma?

Plazma is not something I can fit into my budget right now, so if you could suggest a workout drink w/a protein & carb breakdown, & good alternative liquid carb sources…

Also, if high fiber breads/wraps are to be avoided, do I need to be concerned with my daily fiber intake (I like to take in @ least 25 grams/day) ?

Thanks for your patience…

Also, reading up on the carb choices while on I3G, it recommends having a serving of fruit daily. Should I stay away from blueberries, raspberries, or will they enhance the effects of the compound? & what about cherries, oranges & strawberries?

[quote]hperic wrote:
Also, reading up on the carb choices while on I3G, it recommends having a serving of fruit daily. Should I stay away from blueberries, raspberries, or will they enhance the effects of the compound? & what about cherries, oranges & strawberries?[/quote]

From the original Indigo-3G article: “…blueberries (and the other berries and their extracts) that contain C3G also contain quercetin and other compounds (anthocyanins and anthocyanidins) that can either inhibit or diminish the effects of Indigo-3G.”

So, you can eat those things, but don’t eat a lot of them and don’t eat them when on full-dose Indigo-3G. When on maintenance dose, you can put them at the other end of the day, separated from Indigo-3G.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:

[quote]hperic wrote:
Also, reading up on the carb choices while on I3G, it recommends having a serving of fruit daily. Should I stay away from blueberries, raspberries, or will they enhance the effects of the compound? & what about cherries, oranges & strawberries?[/quote]

From the original Indigo-3G article: “…blueberries (and the other berries and their extracts) that contain C3G also contain quercetin and other compounds (anthocyanins and anthocyanidins) that can either inhibit or diminish the effects of Indigo-3G.”

So, you can eat those things, but don’t eat a lot of them and don’t eat them when on full-dose Indigo-3G. When on maintenance dose, you can put them at the other end of the day, separated from Indigo-3G.

[/quote]

Chris,

I wanted to take pomegranate juice with my cheat meal cause I will take some fat (I’m in contest prep): Its ellagic and tannic acids, that have multiple fat loss effects. These antioxidants inhibit fat absorption and suppress energy intake.

I’m trying to look up its anthocyanins and anthocyanidins but it seems are lower than berries. The plan is 45-60 minutes before the meal take 6 indigo capsules ( after a mote than year I only take 6 with plazma). Do you see pomegranate a no-no?

I would suggest putting 4-5 hours between the Indigo-3G and pomegranate juice, just in case. Honestly, the effects of the juice would be a drop in the bucket compared to the effects of Indigo-3G, so I always err on the side of caution and separate things that could interfere with Indigo by several hours. For example, my maintenance dose of Indigo-3G is taken about 8AM and I wait to take my Superfood until dinner.

Trying to determine if I can take my pre-w/o dose of I3G w/2 oz. of grapefruit juice, & if it’s ok to take bromelain, ginger & cinnamon post-w/o for (anti-)inflammation…

[quote]hperic wrote:
Trying to determine if I can take my pre-w/o dose of I3G w/2 oz. of grapefruit juice, & if it’s ok to take bromelain, ginger & cinnamon post-w/o for (anti-)inflammation…[/quote]

“If in doubt, leave it out.” Or just use those things at another time during the day.

If you have an old bottle of Indigo 3g before they changed the dosing protocol… should you continue doing this 3x a day for 4 pills. or Could you switch over and do the 2x a day 6 pills?

[quote]Umyaya wrote:
If you have an old bottle of Indigo 3g before they changed the dosing protocol… should you continue doing this 3x a day for 4 pills. or Could you switch over and do the 2x a day 6 pills? [/quote]

Yes, it’s fine to switch to the new dosing protocol.

I had a few questions as well. 1. I take curcumin with breakfast and then take indigo about an hour to 1.5 hours later. Could this interfere with Indigo at all? My second question is timing. Usually my first dosage for Indigo is about 9-9:30am. This is when I have a shake with some peanut butter and then 1.5 hours later have lunch with a clean carb.

Should I wait and take indigo 30 min before my solid meal at lunch? Also is it mandatory that you wait 6 hours between dosages? I like to get my workout in by no later than 5pm and if I took Indigo at 11am right before lunch I wouldn’t be able to take Indigo until 5 factoring in my meal 30 min after I wouldn’t be able to start my workout until 6:30

overdrive570:

1. No worries with Curcumin.

2. Yes, sounds like pre-lunch is a better plan for you if you’re not having carbs at breakfast. Then take your second dose pre-workout. Either way is fine really. Indigo-3G is in the blood and doing its thing for at least 6 hours per dose. It won’t hurt you to “overlap” a little. Remember, you only need to take Indigo-3G about 30 minutes before training, and if you’re using workout nutrition like Plazma you can take it with your pre-load dose. No need to delay training.

I usually try to eat a meal about an hour before I train. Should I take the indigo before this or is it best to take it with my Plazma 30min prior to the workout?