Biotest

Indigo-3G Price, 90 Capsule Size, Dosing

Note from Tim Patterson, Biotest CEO:

"It now costs us more to produce Indigo-3G, and we had to raise the price to cover the added expense. Otherwise, it would not be feasible to continue making it. The smaller size bottle makes it accessible to those customers who may not be able to afford the price tag of the larger bottle.

We also reduced the recommended maximum dose from 6 capsules twice per day to 6 capsules once per day. Based on our current research with top-level competitors, we now believe that once-per-day dosing is the ‘sweet spot’ for maximum effect, and that 6 capsules is the largest dose anyone would need.

Based on how Indigo-3G affects cell signaling, we originally thought once-per-day dosing made sense, but we weren’t certain enough to make that recommendation without further testing. Now that we have the confirmation, we, of course, want to pass it on to consumers.

Also, as a cost-saving measure, you might want to try taking 4 or 5 capsules per day (instead of 6). The lower dose would provide a substantial effect and make the bottle last as much as 33% longer."

Thanks CS and tell Tim thanks 2

Thanks for the update CS & Tim.

As far as you guys now, is the difference between 4 and 6 caps dependent on bodyweight, carb intake, combination of the two, or much more individual?

Thanks for the update and sorry for being whiny with my previous posts about these changes.

Thank’s for the info Chris.Can’t make and produce a product and lose money so the price increase is understandable.Tim and Biotest give us plenty of price breaks all the time on other products anyway, so no big deal to me.

Interesting.

How I interpret this: it doesn’t really matter when Indigo-3G is taken IF only 6 caps/once per day is the sweet spot. So, religiously taking Indigo-3G half an hour before your largest carb meal or prior to training is not really necessary as compared to say, taking it 1st thing in the morning (and training in the afternoon).

Funny, though I don’t have any way to “prove it”, i.e. I don’t know of any blood work that can be done to find my own personal “sweet spot”, I’m finding 12 caps a day (2 x 6) working best for me. Now, the only possible blood work that I have done for Indigo-3G focused primarily on fasting glucose levels. My glucose levels are much better taking 12 caps/day versus 6 with the same general food intake. Not sure why this is or why I’m so different than what Biotest is discovering.

Never mind, the auto-ship email answered my question. You guys rock.

Interesting. In efforts to stretch the dollar, I’ve tried taking 4 capsules, 2x per day in the past. A bit more than the now recommended 6 daily, but in my mind, I figured that since the original (going back here) product recommendations were 4 caps / 3x daily, that I’d still be getting those 4 capsules worth of I3G before my largest carb based feedings.

S

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
Interesting. In efforts to stretch the dollar, I’ve tried taking 4 capsules, 2x per day in the past. A bit more than the now recommended 6 daily, but in my mind, I figured that since the original (going back here) product recommendations were 4 caps / 3x daily, that I’d still be getting those 4 capsules worth of I3G before my largest carb based feedings.

S[/quote]

Was getting ready to follow the same plan! Been doing 6 caps once per day for the last 3 months and figured I’d step things up for December and January. I was going to to go with 5 cap, 2x per day but I think with this feedback I’ll start with 4 and see if I can get the same results and have my supplies last longer!

Glad you posted Stu!

ggarrett, how are the effects on fat loss with Indigo-3G?

Prior to Indigo I’ve trained 4 or 5 days a week and played either basketball or volleyball a couple days a week and if I wanted to lose fat it took fairly strict dieting. Fairly strict to me means, limited carbs except during peri-workout, breakfast/lunch/dinner = lean protein and green vegetables, one cheat meal a week.

Since taking Indigo I’ve trained 4 or 5 days a week and play either basketball or volleyball maybe once a week and I went from 218 (16-18%) bf to 192 (11% bf) and my diet is not what I would deem strict. Mon-Fri I use the pulse feast plan. Dinner consists of protein, carbs (not picky about what type though it’s rarely bread), and greens.

I don’t measure portions I just eat till I’m full and then stop. I also have a small snack each night (chocolat, pudding, Finibar, etc). Between the pulse feast and Indigo I have lost weight, gained strength, and I don’t feel like I’m dieting.

Not sure I can quantify indigo’s affect on fat loss. It’s affect is that (combined with the pulse feast plan) I can eat lots of healthy carbs and not fret over portion control while still gaining muscle and losing fat. Which is kind of the holy grail of supplement affects so far as I’m concerned.

so with the reduction in serving, do you still intake up to 300-400g of carbs, or cut it in half? i’m still have 1 1/2 bottles and would like to make any adjustments needed.

You still need the carbs – gotta give a nutrient repartitioning agent something to repartition! Good list here if you haven’t seen it yet: <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/strength-training-topics/1617"target=“new”>Indigo-3G Carb Guide

Hmm, My three largest carb feedings are my workout nutrition, my meal after the workout, and my dinner later at night. THe meals are both larger then the workout in amounts of carbs. Should indigo still be used with the drink, or would it be better to use it with one of the larger meals?

Sideshowdoc, pre-workout is best. And remember the effects last for hours and hours due to cell signaling.

Thanks chris

Hello,

As you recommend 4 or 5 to save bottle,

1. I assume taking 2 capsules pre lunch (carbs from veggies) in order to keep body under C3G and 4 caps pre work out would do it right?

Or we should not care of carbs from veggies. A fair bit of pea can bring some carbs and i am just trying to understand if one should care.

1. let’s say you forgot your caps, you are in a restaurant and eat clean but have some rice and meat.
    Would taking 2 caps or 4 if no training that day immediately after returning home still provide some repartitioning effects?
    Or no need to waste caps?

Thanks!

1. No, one big serving per day is better than several smaller servings. Take once per day with the new guidelines. Pre-workout is best if you’re using workout nutrition supplements like Plazma, Surge, Mag-10 etc.

Do not worry about carbs from vegetables.

1. Don’t forget. :slight_smile:

Thank you :slight_smile: i do use Plazma and Mag-10 \m/

Indigo-3G is the best thing ever, I would still pay the original price. Also, does anyone else notice that eating fats after Indigo-3G (cheese, fatty meat, etc) seems to be weird? I’ve tried 2x 4 a day, it doesn’t work as well as 1x 6 or 2x 6. I also don’t eat Indigo-3G if I’m going to eat fats and few carbs