Biotest

Indigo 3G, Pre- & Post-Workout Drinks?

I usually take a preworkout called Pulse from Legion and a postworkout called Recharge from Legion. Would that be a bad idea with I3G?

1 Like

It’s not a “bad idea”, in the sense that the ingredients in those supplements won’t interact negatively with Indigo.

But it is a bad idea in the sense that, between the two of them, you’re getting a whopping 6g carbs and zero protein or aminos around training. That means you’re not really giving your body any of the actual nutrients it needs to fuel performance and growth, so you’re nowhere near optimizing the effects of Indigo.

Stuff like beta-alanine and citrulline are great, but the bottom line is that your body runs on protein and carbs, and those are a much higher priority for workout nutrition. Indigo-3G is a nutrient partitioner, so you need to give it nutrients to work with if you want the best results.

You’d be much better off replacing your pre and post-WO supps with either Plazma or Surge Workout Fuel, with a scoop of creatine and a pre-workout tablet of NoDoz for caffeine.

Thank you very much–I didn’t mean to suggest fasted training, was mostly concerned about interactions. I usually do fruit+protein shake for preworkout, or a good meal. I’ll consider the items you mention. Thanks much again.

This article explains what that’s a just-okay/not-great approach: https://biotest.t-nation.com/articles/what-you-don-t-know-about-workout-supplements

appreciate it. Thanks!

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Disclaimer: Individual results may vary.