Biotest

Indigo 3g & IF

Im currently taking Indigo 3g and and intermittent fasting. I modified the fast to drinking around 4ltrs of water daily and eating 1 huge meal a day. Im taking Indigo before my meal. I want to change body composition and not lose muscle but make. I want to reap the benefits of IF and Indigo, but Im lost on my own
Any advice to modify my eating habits and intake of Indigo?

IF is actually not optimal for gains (regardless of trying to cut or gain). You’re limiting your mTOR spike to one or two significant spikes per day from food. You’re also limiting the amount of times in a day for the thermogenic effects of food intake to take place.

My advice honestly is for you to rethink your nutrition intake schedule to something more accommodating to the goal of making gains.

I know that Im partially lean with some muscle, need to improve and make gains. The problem here is that when I increase my calories to gain size,I start seeing a bit of gains but more around the waist. Im trying to gain size and minimize fat gains. I read in an article from Tnation on IF, that it improves nutrient repartitioning, and insulin sensitivity.With that being said I thought about giving IF a shot.

You should have read this first.

Just an FYI

Everyone is correct, there’s basically no need to I.F. when using Indigo-3G. In fact, you won’t get maximal results. Think about, you’re taking a powerful nutrient partitioning agent (<a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/indigo-3g"target=“new”>Indigo-3G) then choosing NOT to give yourself adequate nutrients to partition. And most people lose fat and build muscle when eating at least 250 to 300g carbs (or more) per day when using Indigo-3G – hard to get on most I.F. plans (but there are several types of course, and some of them aren’t I.F. at all though they market themselves with that name.)

Here’s something that’ll help you: http://www.t-nation.com/diet-fat-loss/intermittent-fasting-kills-muscle

And: http://www.t-nation.com/diet-fat-loss/fasting-sound-science-behavioral-bs

[quote]Robbie_ElPana wrote:
I know that Im partially lean with some muscle, need to improve and make gains. The problem here is that when I increase my calories to gain size,I start seeing a bit of gains but more around the waist. Im trying to gain size and minimize fat gains. I read in an article from Tnation on IF, that it improves nutrient repartitioning, and insulin sensitivity.With that being said I thought about giving IF a shot.[/quote]

If you’re gaining fat too fast, lower your calories a bit.

However, this is the disclaimer:

How much perceived fat gain is too much is relative and highly individual. There are some folks whom has it in their mind that any fat gain is basically bad. The thing is, bulking will come with some fat gain regardless, that’s just mother nature. Nutrient timing can help but ultimately, you really need to iron out what your TDEE is. This is of course assuming that there’s nothing wrong with your metabolism in the first place or any weird underlying inflammation issues (which something like Indigo-3G helps combat).

Learn proper nutrition so that you understand what foods will help you towards your goals. Limiting your food intake to one or two giant meals a day is just not optimal. Your limiting the number of times you are spiking mTOR and you’re reducing the benefits from the thermo effects of food. There was actually a study that is pretty recent where they compared meal frequency (low frequency which IF falls under vs. high frequency such as those typically used by bodybuilders). The high frequency ended up yielding better results.

@Robbie: I did this as an experiment last summer. I went from looking my lifetime best to looking like a cancer patient. I had friends ask me if I was sick or stopped working out. IF is not for those who train like they have a pair as John meadows likes to say. Trust me I lost muscle and I go to a gym with guys who dominate powerlifting meets, compete at the cross fit games, win bodybuilding shows, and train, which only makes you feel like you don’t fit in.

As Christian always says, eat for performance. If I eat to lose fat I look like crap, if I eat to build muscle I look my best. With Indigo eat for performance, take some waist measurements and caliper measurements, and pictures and eat as much as you can without those getting out of control. Adjust only if you have to.