Biotest

Indigo-3G - Greens Replacement Options?

Hi,

Just ordered some Indigo-3G/Plazma/MAG-10 for the first time and after reading through a variety of threads came across information stating that greens supplements could not be taken concurrently with the full dosage Indigo-3G.

I have been taking Athletic Greens for some time now and have noticed much better absorption (not pissing neon yellow at least) than when taking a multi-vitamin. As I will not be able to take this supplement with the stack I am thinking about grabbing some of the ElitePro Minerals to have that base covered, but do you guys have any recommendations for the other things covered by a greens supplement that are now missing?

Also, I have listed my current plan below and if somebody could confirm that there are no adverse affects between supps and their timings that would be great.

0700 - Indigo-3G, Glass lemon water, 2 Caps Carbolin 19
0730 - MAG-10
0800 - Meal, 1 Cap LiverCare
1030 - 2 Caps Liv52
1130 - Meal
1400 - 2 Caps Liv52
1445 - Plazma Pre Workout, Indigo-3G, 1 Tablet Alpha Male
1500 - Plazma + Workout
1645 - MAG-10, 1 Tablet Alpha Male
1830 - Meal, 1 Cap LiverCare
2130 - MAG-10, 2 Caps Liv52, Fish Oil, Minerals

Non-workout days, will have a second dose of Carbolin 19 instead of the Alpha Male servings, otherwise it is the same.

• Chris

Just in case, do not take Indigo-3G with lemon water. Just have your lemon water an hour or two away from Indigo-3G.

We’re not that familiar with the other supplements you listed so you’ll just need to make sure they don’t contain quercetin and other compounds (anthocyanins and anthocyanidins) that can either inhibit or diminish the effects of C3G.

By the way, the green product you used before contains a couple of allergens and an ingredient or two show to lower T levels. You may consider switching to <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/superfood"target=“new”>Superfood in the future as it’s more “man friendly” and avoids the 1970’s hippy ingredients that don’t do much of anything. When you’re on single dose Indigo-3G, you can add back in a greens products (and “reds” product - Superfood is both) and just use it at the other end of the day as your maintenance dose of Indigo-3G.

While you can fully replace most greens type products with whole foods, just be sure to have your veggies with solid meals.

Your Indigo-3G times looks good.

Thanks for the heads up on the greens product Chris. Wasn’t aware of that, but it may explain T-levels that aren’t “medically” low, but IMO aren’t reasonably high enough either (thus the Alpha Male and Carbolin 19 which I just introduced a few days ago). Will be dropping the greens immediately.

Appreciate the response on the rest and will slide that lemon water away from the Indigo-3G and verify the liver helping products are Indigo friendly.

• Chris

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
Just in case, do not take Indigo-3G with lemon water. Just have your lemon water an hour or two away from Indigo-3G.

We’re not that familiar with the other supplements you listed so you’ll just need to make sure they don’t contain quercetin and other compounds (anthocyanins and anthocyanidins) that can either inhibit or diminish the effects of C3G.

By the way, the green product you used before contains a couple of allergens and an ingredient or two show to lower T levels. You may consider switching to <a href="http://www.T-Nation.com/store/products/superfood"target=“new”>Superfood in the future as it’s more “man friendly” and avoids the 1970’s hippy ingredients that don’t do much of anything. When you’re on single dose Indigo-3G, you can add back in a greens products (and “reds” product - Superfood is both) and just use it at the other end of the day as your maintenance dose of Indigo-3G.

While you can fully replace most greens type products with whole foods, just be sure to have your veggies with solid meals.

[/quote]

Chris, if you have a free moment, would you be willing to list some of the most well known T lowering ingredients that are commonly found in various green products? Thank you as always.

Sorry to steer this off-topic, but I am curious about all the liver support supplements you are taking. I’ve heard mixed feedback on those things - have they worked for you? Beyond maybe getting your liver function test numbers into a certain range, have you experienced other noticeable effects?

No reason I’m asking other than just curiosity.

[quote]Davinci.v2 wrote:

Chris, if you have a free moment, would you be willing to list some of the most well known T lowering ingredients that are commonly found in various green products? Thank you as always.[/quote]

I believe the Superfood article gets into this. http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/superfood
Licorice and bilberry come to mind.

So, Biotest recommends against using Superfood when taking more than a 1x per day “maintenance” dose of Indigo-3G?

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:

By the way, the green product you used before contains a couple of allergens and an ingredient or two show to lower T levels. You may consider switching to <a href="http://www.T-Nation.com/store/products/superfood"target=“new”>Superfood in the future as it’s more “man friendly” and avoids the 1970’s hippy ingredients that don’t do much of anything. When you’re on single dose Indigo-3G, you can add back in a greens products (and “reds” product - Superfood is both) and just use it at the other end of the day as your maintenance dose of Indigo-3G.

[/quote]

[quote]Serge A. Storms wrote:
Sorry to steer this off-topic, but I am curious about all the liver support supplements you are taking. I’ve heard mixed feedback on those things - have they worked for you? Beyond maybe getting your liver function test numbers into a certain range, have you experienced other noticeable effects?

No reason I’m asking other than just curiosity.

[/quote]

Time will tell on the liver supplements. Technically LiverCare and Liv52 are the same thing, but the Liv52 was quite cheap on Amazon and some reviews had questioned the quality so I am taking the lower end recommended dose of each just in case. My liver numbers have consistently been pretty horrible and am hoping this, along with some other liver help will swing things back toward normal.

Have been at this for a couple weeks now - minus the Indigo-3G, Plazma, Mag-10 that hasn’t shipped. Apparently on back-order despite what the product page says. Damn. Anyways, I am not expecting to notice much of anything, but plan to get my blood work done again early next year and hope to see a difference there as an indication that it is helping bring things back to normal levels.

• Chris

Edit: Looks like I spoke too soon. Product page was finally updated to reflect the Plazma/Mag-10 backorder. Was told by support it was supposed to be in and shipping by today. Guess that didn’t happen. :frowning: