Biotest

Indigo-3G for Early AM Workouts

Hi, I just received my first bottle of Indigo-3G. I have a pretty hectic work and family schedule so I workout early in the morning. My current schedule is this:
4:10AM - Wakeup
4:15AM - Pre-workout drink (creatine, caffeine, beta-alanine, citrulline)
4:30AM - Protein/carb shake while driving to gym
4:45AM - Start workout, drink BCAA/carb mix intra-workout
7AM - Breakfast
11AM - Lunch
3PM - Snack
6PM - Dinner
8:30PM - Snack

Can you recommend a dosing for me for the Indigo-3G? I don’t have 40-60 minutes before beginning my peri-workout nutrition to take a dose. I understand I will probably not be able to achieve the maximal results from Indigo-3G that someone with a more ‘traditional’ schedule would, but I hope to see some improvement in body composition, energy, and strength.

Thank you so much for your time and help!
Shannon

Wake up, take Indigo-3G
Drink Plazma as you drive to the gym.
Drink second Plazma as you are working out.
have breakfast (carb heavy) about an hour after workout.
Snack around 9-10 (carb heavy again) would be great.
Rest of day.

Listen, I know you are not using Plazma, but that supplement alone will replace what you are currently using (I would keep creatine and have it with Plazma, if you wish).

If you need a caffein jolt, Spike or Brain candy would be great. No, I don’t get paid to talk about Biotest. I just believe in them that much. But really, after using Plazma, I find caffein a waste of time for work out performance.

Indigo-3G needs carbs and TC has a few articles on the subject. Especially about peri workout.

Good luck.

Hi JFG,

Thank you so much for the advice. I have been on the fence about using Plazma but I am going to get some. I have been wanting to reduce/eliminate some of my supplements, so that is great that I can use Plazma instead.

Thank you again!
Shannon

Except for the creatine and caffein, everything is taken care of in Plazma.

At 49, recuperation and productive work outs are way more important then getting a buzz.

Good luck

So I tried using Plazma instead of my usual pre-workout drink and peri-workout nutrition. Unfortunately, I was pretty disappointed. No energy, zero pump, and had to use much lighter weights than normal. Followed directions on the Indigo 3G and Plazma exactly.

[quote]shaniefit wrote:
So I tried using Plazma instead of my usual pre-workout drink and peri-workout nutrition. Unfortunately, I was pretty disappointed. No energy, zero pump, and had to use much lighter weights than normal. Followed directions on the Indigo 3G and Plazma exactly. [/quote]

What did you train today? How much Plazma did you use. What time(s) did you consume the Plazma.

What did you train yesterday, was your sleep off, etc? I find it incredibly hard to believe that Plazma gave you a negative affect if you replaced your previous protocol with Plazma unless you ended up going down in carb count.

Try it again tomorrow.

[quote]shaniefit wrote:
My current schedule is this:
4:15AM - Pre-workout drink (creatine, caffeine, beta-alanine, citrulline)
4:30AM - Protein/carb shake while driving to gym
4:45AM - Start workout, drink BCAA/carb mix intra-workout
7AM - Breakfast[/quote]
Where did the Plazma fall in this timeframe?

If it was at 4:30, did you still have the 4:15 “pre-workout drink”? If so, then you doubled-up on the beta-alanine and citrulline. No bueno. If you dropped that 4:15 pre-workout drink, then you were running on no caffeine, which could easily explain the difference in performance.

If you had the first Plazma dose at 4:15 and didn’t train until 4:45, that’s just a timing issue that let you get behind the peak effectiveness window since you want it just 15 minutes before training.

Basically, like Corst said I think you should totally give it a go for another few workouts as you dial in your approach. An overwhelming bunch of people dig their results from the Indigo and Plazma combo, so especially as a competitor I think you have a chance to pull out some good results from it.

Chris and Corst - thank you so much for the response/input. I am not trying to be negative or bash the Biotest products. I have already started to notice results from the Indigo-3G and have read on the forums and Biotest store site all the awesome reviews about Plazma. I am guessing that it is probably user error and I am definitely going to stick with it.

I trained shoulders today, legs yesterday. Sleep and nutrition were ‘normal’ (5 hours of sleep, close on my macros 185C/165P/50F).

This morning went like this:
4:15AM - Took Indigo-3G (did not do usual pre-workout drink, so correct - no caffeine)
4:30AM - Drank 1/2 dose Plazma while driving to gym
4:45AM - Start workout, drink 1 dose Plazma during workout
7AM - Carb heavy breakfast

Thank you again for the advice and input!!!

Sorry to hear. I know I don’t get a “pump” when I use Plazma, and that is ok with me as it tends to do nothing of value.

Using lighter weight is new to me. I get serious energy and can usually muster and extra rep or two because I have the energy.

And just to make sure, you are using a scoop and a half of Plazma?

[quote]shaniefit wrote:
Chris and Corst - thank you so much for the response/input. I am not trying to be negative or bash the Biotest products. I have already started to notice results from the Indigo-3G and have read on the forums and Biotest store site all the awesome reviews about Plazma. I am guessing that it is probably user error and I am definitely going to stick with it.

I trained shoulders today, legs yesterday. Sleep and nutrition were ‘normal’ (5 hours of sleep, close on my macros 185C/165P/50F).

This morning went like this:
4:15AM - Took Indigo-3G (did not do usual pre-workout drink, so correct - no caffeine)
4:30AM - Drank 1/2 dose Plazma while driving to gym
4:45AM - Start workout, drink 1 dose Plazma during workout
7AM - Carb heavy breakfast

Thank you again for the advice and input!!!

[/quote]

You’re getting about 60 grams of carbs around the workout so that should be plenty. Throw in some caffeine, it’s 4:15 in the morning :slight_smile: The lack of caffeine likely played a big role in performance.

You should still get a pump if doing higher rep work. Though I would at least go throw a whole bottle and see what happens first before making any judgment calls. You may find you need to increase carbs if you’re suddenly hyper partitioning. Which would be awesome because well… carbs!

Sounds like you’ve got a handle on it, Shanie. For sure stick with it and it’ll pan out. And for goodness sake, pop half a NoDoz or something when you’re up that early.