Biotest

Indigo-3G® Dosage For Women

rockh22 asks:

I was writing to see if I can get some advice on how to take the Indigo-3G® supplement. I understand how it works but it seems like the usage instructions are geared towards men.

How would you recommend a female of 128 lbs to take this? It says take it 30 mins before dinner on an empty stomach or 30 mins before workout supplements. I took mine 1 hour after 2 pieces of toast and 30 mins before my pre-workout drink. Is this correct? I took 4 but maybe I should do less? Do I need to try and eat a lot of carbs after my workout?

So if I follow right, it’s: Toast… wait an hour… Indigo-3G… wait a half-hour… pre-workout and train?

I’d rearrange that and just have the Indigo-3G a half-hour before the toast, since that’s technically your pre-workout nutrition. That way the Indigo can get to work processing the carbs from the toast as well, and it stays active in your system for about six hours, so the workout and pre-workout drink are still well-within the window of effectiveness.

But double-check whatever’s in your pre-workout drink. You want to be having quality protein and carbs around training, not just flying by on toast and caffeine. This article explains more about what to do and what to avoid.

The suggested dose is 4-6 caps. Taking less than 4 would mean you’re getting a less-than-effective dose and it won’t be able to work effectively. Sticking with the 4 caps is fine.

Yes and no, depending on a bunch of variables like your current bodyfat, your actual goal, your training, and your overall daily diet.

Long story short, if you want fat loss, it’s a good idea to focus the majority of whatever carbs you eat to the meal right before and right after training.

But that doesn’t necessarily mean trying to eat a whole bunch of carbs in general. Especially if you have a smaller frame and/or you’re carrying more than a little bodyfat, you might not really need a whole bunch of carbs, period. An exception would be if you’re doing a ton of training like high volume works (lots of sets and/or exercises) along with a bunch of cardio.

So basically, yes you should have more carbs around training, but no, you (probably, depending on some factors) shouldn’t go out of your way to pile in a lot of carbs. Just re-arrange more of whatever you’re currently eating closer to your workout. As you improve insulin sensitivity over time, you should be able to handle more carbs in other meals.

Thanks Chris for the super detailed explanation and help! After reading this, I’m definitely going to make some changes on how I’ve been using it.

Warm Regards,

Raquel