Biotest

Indigo-3G, Curcumin, Flameout & FA3


#1

In 2007. following my car accident of 2006 I was finally diagnosed and prescribed eye glasses for the constant blurry vision.

I have been on full dose of Indigo since the beginning of the program in addition to Curcumin. During the last year I dropped Curcumin and added Flameout and FA3.

Over the last six months I have been noticing a difference in my eyesight, for the good. I was noticing I could see the computer, objects and people in front of me that use to be blurry were now clear. Signs in the distance were now readable.

Had an eye appointment yesterday and yep, eyesight has improved. Of course we can’t say won’t allowed the improvement, but I sure wonder about the Biotest products I have been taking. There was no improvement from 2008-2011. But apparently something changed between 2011 and now.

I’m just saying.


#2

I have gone from needing glasses for everything to just when reading or closeup work.


#3

Hmm, we know that Indigo-3G helps with night vision. I’m no eye expert, but I wonder if inflammation was contributing to your issues and the other supplements took care of that?


#4

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
Hmm, we know that Indigo-3G helps with night vision. I’m no eye expert, but I wonder if inflammation was contributing to your issues and the other supplements took care of that? [/quote]

Exactly what I was thinking.


#5

Indigo-3G is chock full of anthocyanins, which have a long history of improving eye health. They reduce inflammation, sure, but they also improve circulation in the eye, and thwart glaucoma and macular generation. And yes, they improve night vision, too!


#6

[quote]TC wrote:
Indigo-3G is chock full of anthocyanins, which have a long history of improving eye health. They reduce inflammation, sure, but they also improve circulation in the eye, and thwart glaucoma and macular generation. And yes, they improve night vision, too![/quote]

Well along with assisting in my body transformation it helped with healing my eyes. I’ve referred to Indigo as making the blood system a super highway and it only makes sense that it would improve the circulation in the eye as well. Never thought of that. Super KEWL!!!


#7

Sorry, HT, I just now saw that you linked me to this thread.

This is interesting but I doubt your supplements had anything to do with it. It’s most likely normal aging changes. A few questions that would give me better insight to why your distance vision is now better and you only need glasses for near tasks include:

  1. How old are you?

  2. What was your glasses prescription?

  3. What is your current glasses prescription?

  4. Has your blood sugar been lowered since going on Indigo? Increased blood glucose can increase glucose levels in the crystalline lens in your eye, which causes it to swell with water, making you more myopic. So when your blood sugar is elevated (either acutely or chronically) it is possible that you can be more nearsighted and so your distance vision is blurrier and your near vision is clearer. Likewise, when blood sugar is lower and controlled (maybe yours has been now with the help of Indigo?), you can be less nearsighted so objects in the distance are less blurry and objects up close are more blurry (explaining your need of glasses for reading or up close work)

In the absence of blood sugar now being controlled, the likely explanation is that your eyes are just going through some normal aging changes. This normally starts to effect us when we get around 40 years old, a little sooner than that if you are slightly farsighted/hyperopic and a little later than that if you are slightly nearsighted/myopic.

We do know that there can be some macular edema/swelling that can cause vision changes, but this would not have been present yet undetected by your optometrist from 2008-2011 and clinically significant macular edema doesn’t improve with oral supplements like omega-3s, antinflammatory agents such as Curcumin and/or antioxidants. Said supplements can improve other ocular health issues like dry eyes, though.

I don’t believe that supplements can provide a significantly increased amount of circulation to the optic nerve to thwart glaucoma. With all due respect, TC, suggesting that Indigo thwarts glaucoma is a ludicrous claim and should probably not be kept on this website (for legal reasons). I’d be very interested to see research that says otherwise…that’d be very cool. Antioxidants (lutein, zeazanthin, etc) and some vitamins have been proven (see AREDs and AREDs 2 studies) to reduce the risk of macular degeneration from progressing but they don’t improve vision. I cannot comment on weather or not Indigo’s ingredients can/do improve night vision to a significant degree.


#8

Aloha iDrDan,

I didn’t mean to bring up controversy. Interesting points you bring up though. As we want to keep the medical part off the boards I am going to copy your info and questions over to my Indigo log and respond to you there.

Mahalo.

[quote]iDrDan wrote:
Sorry, HT, I just now saw that you linked me to this thread.

This is interesting but I doubt your supplements had anything to do with it. It’s most likely normal aging changes. A few questions that would give me better insight to why your distance vision is now better and you only need glasses for near tasks include:

  1. How old are you?

  2. What was your glasses prescription?

  3. What is your current glasses prescription?

  4. Has your blood sugar been lowered since going on Indigo? Increased blood glucose can increase glucose levels in the crystalline lens in your eye, which causes it to swell with water, making you more myopic. So when your blood sugar is elevated (either acutely or chronically) it is possible that you can be more nearsighted and so your distance vision is blurrier and your near vision is clearer. Likewise, when blood sugar is lower and controlled (maybe yours has been now with the help of Indigo?), you can be less nearsighted so objects in the distance are less blurry and objects up close are more blurry (explaining your need of glasses for reading or up close work)

In the absence of blood sugar now being controlled, the likely explanation is that your eyes are just going through some normal aging changes. This normally starts to effect us when we get around 40 years old, a little sooner than that if you are slightly farsighted/hyperopic and a little later than that if you are slightly nearsighted/myopic.

We do know that there can be some macular edema/swelling that can cause vision changes, but this would not have been present yet undetected by your optometrist from 2008-2011 and clinically significant macular edema doesn’t improve with oral supplements like omega-3s, antinflammatory agents such as Curcumin and/or antioxidants. Said supplements can improve other ocular health issues like dry eyes, though.

I don’t believe that supplements can provide a significantly increased amount of circulation to the optic nerve to thwart glaucoma. With all due respect, TC, suggesting that Indigo thwarts glaucoma is a ludicrous claim and should probably not be kept on this website (for legal reasons). I’d be very interested to see research that says otherwise…that’d be very cool. Antioxidants (lutein, zeazanthin, etc) and some vitamins have been proven (see AREDs and AREDs 2 studies) to reduce the risk of macular degeneration from progressing but they don’t improve vision. I cannot comment on weather or not Indigo’s ingredients can/do improve night vision to a significant degree.

[/quote]


#9

[quote]TC wrote:
Indigo-3G is chock full of anthocyanins, which have a long history of improving eye health. They reduce inflammation, sure, but they also improve circulation in the eye, and thwart glaucoma and macular generation. And yes, they improve night vision, too![/quote]

@iDrDan:

Just wanted to point out that TC never said that Indigo thwarted glaucoma. If you reread the above statement he mentions that Indigo is chocked full of anthocyanins, which … (and so on…) They reduce inflammation…etc…is referring to the anthocyanins, not Indigo. But I’m sure TC can explain that as well. :slight_smile:


#10

[quote]HawaiiTunya wrote:

[quote]TC wrote:
Indigo-3G is chock full of anthocyanins, which have a long history of improving eye health. They reduce inflammation, sure, but they also improve circulation in the eye, and thwart glaucoma and macular generation. And yes, they improve night vision, too![/quote]

@iDrDan:

Just wanted to point out that TC never said that Indigo thwarted glaucoma. If you reread the above statement he mentions that Indigo is chocked full of anthocyanins, which … (and so on…) They reduce inflammation…etc…is referring to the anthocyanins, not Indigo. But I’m sure TC can explain that as well. :-)[/quote]

That’s right, I didn’t say that. Thanks, Tunya! And yes, Dr. Dan, as I’m sure you know, there are lots of studies that suggest anthocyanins are useful in reducing intra-ocular pressure. That’s not so ludicrous, right?


#11

[quote]TC wrote:

[quote]HawaiiTunya wrote:

[quote]TC wrote:
Indigo-3G is chock full of anthocyanins, which have a long history of improving eye health. They reduce inflammation, sure, but they also improve circulation in the eye, and thwart glaucoma and macular generation. And yes, they improve night vision, too![/quote]

@iDrDan:

Just wanted to point out that TC never said that Indigo thwarted glaucoma. If you reread the above statement he mentions that Indigo is chocked full of anthocyanins, which … (and so on…) They reduce inflammation…etc…is referring to the anthocyanins, not Indigo. But I’m sure TC can explain that as well. :-)[/quote]

That’s right, I didn’t say that. Thanks, Tunya! And yes, Dr. Dan, as I’m sure you know, there are lots of studies that suggest anthocyanins are useful in reducing intra-ocular pressure. That’s not so ludicrous, right?
[/quote]

TC, I just sent you a PM. Please let me know if you get it or not. Thanks.