Biotest

Indigo-3G Calorie/Carb Amount?

I plan on starting Indigo-3G full dose this friday, and was wondering if eating at my TDEE would be a good place to start. I have been eating 2000 cals on my workout days (5x/week) and 1800 on my rest days, with a TDEE of around 2700 cals.

I am currently 13% bf, 5’ 11" and 175 pounds, and have been cutting for 3 months on a ketogenic diet with re-feeds once a week for the past 3 weeks, losing around 1.5-2 pounds a week the whole time I have been cutting.

I was thinking of having around 2700 cals on my workout days and 2500 on my rest-days, with 300g net carbs (total carbs-fiber) on my workout days and 150g on my off-days, the difference being mainly no Plazma/MAG-10 on off days (increasing fat intake on rest-days). Carb sources would almost exclusively be from peri-workout Plazma/MAG-10, oatmeal (mainly steel-cut), yams, potatoes, jasmine rice, 1-2 servings of fruit a day (banana/pineapple, no berries), and green leafy/cruciferous vegetables.

Is this a good place to start, where I would monitor progress after two weeks then re-evaluate?

Most of the time I like to see Indigo-3G used either keeping things the same – if what was being done was already suitable! – or if changing things, going to something known, for which the result without Indigo-3G would be known. That way, it’s very clear what it does.

Here though for you, I think your plan is better than continuing with the same.

Your weekly calories have for a long time averaged just a touch under the minimum that personally I’d have put them at (2000 cal/day at your weight and bodyfat percentage), and it sounds like you’ve dropped about 20 lb over these three months. That’s about 10% of your starting bodyweight, and that’s a point that typically there’s metabolic slowdown if trying to maintain a continued fast fat loss pace.

So rather than continue with the same while adding Indigo-3G, absolutely I’d prefer your above plan. It sounds entirely suitable.

On the re-evaluation, a month would give much better information than two weeks, but you should notice benefit in two weeks. The problem would be, in that short time frame, perhaps not having another comparison of having dieted similarly and then having switched to the above diet, it could be hard to compare to the “what if I hadn’t used the Indigo” because the “what if” would be unknown.