Biotest

Indigo-3G Best Practices

Hi Everyone -

I cracked into my 2nd bottle of Indigo-3G this week and wondered if there was a post with the “best practices.”

I did do some initial research first and have been doing the following:

Full dose 12 caps a day (though are people breaking this up in 3x 4caps?) I have been doing 6 caps twice a day.
peri workout protocol is dialed in
rice based foods are the primary carb sources
avoiding fruit… should I avoid a cup of blue berries in my cream of rice which i eat 3-4 hours after my 2nd Indigo-3G dose?
Training dialed in

Anything I am missing?

Thanks.

Joe

1. Follow the label of <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/indigo-3g"target=“new”>Indigo-3G for best results: 6 capsules twice per day. (The older formula uses a 3 x 4 dosing protocol.)

2. <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/strength-training-topics/1617"target=“new”>Indigo-3G Carb Guide

3. You do not have to avoid fruit on Indigo-3G, just very concentrated sources (such as “greens” supplements) or juicing around the time you take a serving. Info: http://www.t-nation.com/strength-training-topics/1655

Two weeks into my first order of Indigo-3G. I have leaned up quite nicely. I’ve been very surprised by the results so far. I have, however, been using the 3x4 dosing protocol because that’s what I had read somewhere in these forums. What differences have you guys seen in the 3x4 vs the 2x6 dosing?

Shea, we’ve discovered that with the new formula tweak, larger but fewer doses were even more effective than smaller frequent doses. 6 capsules twice per day, with about 6 hours in between, fits the bill perfectly for best results.

Chris a little off topic but how would you adjust for intermittent fasters?

[quote]redgladiator wrote:
Chris a little off topic but how would you adjust for intermittent fasters?[/quote]

I’d personally encourage then not to be intermittent fasters. Better to fix the underlying problems with Indigo-3G so you don’t have to I.F. (which, by the way, falls into two separate categories of disordered eating according to the DSM-V.)

If they were, however, doing something smart and at least using workout nutrition drinks like Plazma along with their binge at night, then they’d take Indigo-3G before training and before the eating window, if the doses could be taken about 6 hour apart.

Chris, thanks! Certainly two doses on an empty stomach is a lot easier to accomplish and plan for than the 3x4 dosing.

I’m thinking about taking the leap and trying out Indigo. Right now I have about 200-300g of carbs / day but it’s evenly spread over 5 meals. my questions is, now long to the effects of a 6 capsule does of indigo last? should i drop most of the carbs from all meals except the 2 i have after taking 6 caps? …or would the difference be negligible. one of those meals is always an hour or so before working out. carbs are mostly sweet potatoes and rice though i might start throwing in a finibar or 2 before working out.

honestly, i’m more interested in the health benefits but Indigo in general sounds pretty awesome. it’s been a while since i looked at the product. i can’t believe how much cheaper it is now!

[quote]cstephens16 wrote:
I’m thinking about taking the leap and trying out Indigo. Right now I have about 200-300g of carbs / day but it’s evenly spread over 5 meals. my questions is, now long to the effects of a 6 capsule does of indigo last? should i drop most of the carbs from all meals except the 2 i have after taking 6 caps? …or would the difference be negligible. one of those meals is always an hour or so before working out. carbs are mostly sweet potatoes and rice though i might start throwing in a finibar or 2 before working out.

honestly, i’m more interested in the health benefits but Indigo in general sounds pretty awesome. it’s been a while since i looked at the product. i can’t believe how much cheaper it is now![/quote]

Each serving of Indigo-3G is “in the blood” for at least 6 hours, with the gene expression effects lasting even longer. So you’re “covered” so to speak for most of the waking day. Still, the best time to use Indigo-3G is pre-workout (assuming you’re using good workout nutrition) and then take the second dose at least 6 hours separate from the training dose, usually before another meal. You don’t have to avoid carbs at any meal when on Indigo-3G, though most people keep the brunt of them for peri-workout.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:

Each serving of Indigo-3G is “in the blood” for at least 6 hours, with the gene expression effects lasting even longer. So you’re “covered” so to speak for most of the waking day. Still, the best time to use Indigo-3G is pre-workout (assuming you’re using good workout nutrition) and then take the second dose at least 6 hours separate from the training dose, usually before another meal. You don’t have to avoid carbs at any meal when on Indigo-3G, though most people keep the brunt of them for peri-workout. [/quote]

this was actually a question of mine regarding carb intake for the day. Honestly since I’m in my 3rd day of I3G, I’ve only been carbing lunch and pre-workout with my meal and then Plazma about 15-30 min before I train. Guess I should carb after I train huh?

[quote]Mr_Freshnuts wrote:

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:

Each serving of Indigo-3G is “in the blood” for at least 6 hours, with the gene expression effects lasting even longer. So you’re “covered” so to speak for most of the waking day. Still, the best time to use Indigo-3G is pre-workout (assuming you’re using good workout nutrition) and then take the second dose at least 6 hours separate from the training dose, usually before another meal. You don’t have to avoid carbs at any meal when on Indigo-3G, though most people keep the brunt of them for peri-workout. [/quote]

this was actually a question of mine regarding carb intake for the day. Honestly since I’m in my 3rd day of I3G, I’ve only been carbing lunch and pre-workout with my meal and then Plazma about 15-30 min before I train. Guess I should carb after I train huh?[/quote]

Keep total carb count in mind as well, mainly just to see where your “sweet spot” is in terms of intake. Most people can easily use 300g of quality carbs (counting workout nutrition like Plazma) per day when on Indigo-3G, if not a lot more.

300?! wow, i’m way below that, even with 1 scoop of plazma (again, budget wise I can’t do more than that) I’m currently just having 1 cup cooked jazmine rice at lunch and then 1/2 cup dry measure oats with protein and peanut butter. Looks like I’ll carb postworkout too.

300?! wow, i’m way below that, even with 1 scoop of plazma (again, budget wise I can’t do more than that) I’m currently just having 1 cup cooked jazmine rice at lunch and then 1/2 cup dry measure oats with protein and peanut butter. Looks like I’ll carb postworkout too. [/quote]

Before Indigo-3G I was a low carb guy myself. I’d just gain fat if I went over 100 to 150g per day it seemed. Made it hard to gain muscle. After Indigo-3G I was able to ramp to 400 average. These days I don’t even count! That’s my favorite effect of Indigo - repartitioning carbs toward muscle gains instead of fat storage.

that’s my problem Chris, i’m very carb sensitive so like you, 100-150 and I start getting puffy. So I should really ramp it up then…

that’s my problem Chris, i’m very carb sensitive so like you, 100-150 and I start getting puffy. So I should really ramp it up then… [/quote]

Yep. You can do it slowly if you’d like, go for 200 at first, then 250 a week or two later, etc And avoid wheat and milk as carb sources. They can make you bloated and it’s easy to mistake that for fat gain, then panic and drop carbs too low for muscle gains. Rice, potato (any kind), workout drinks, oatmeal if you tolerate well, cream of buckwheat, quinoa, a little fruit/berries in the AM, etc. All solid sources for the Indigo-3G user.