Biotest

Indigo-3G - Autoship, Shake Days, Carbs, etc

Hey Chris, I have maintained sub 10% BF for 3 years since I did the V-Diet and changed the way I viewed food 3 years ago. Since then, I have done shake days with one meal on 2 nonlifting/conditioning days a week. I have also thrown in pulse fasts if I feel like getting extra lean. When Indigo-3G originally came out, I didn’t hop on the band wagon because of the price. I am now ready to try it.

What is the autoship price of $69.00 referring to? I go to check out and it still says $95.00.

I am guessing I should eliminate shake days. I drink a couple nights on the weekend and that was my original reason for doing low carb or shake days during the week. That way I could still progress or maintain while keeping a social life.

On a sprint/conditioning day would you drop the carbs drastically or keep them around 200-250(300-peri workout)?

If carbs are coming up, are calories coming up as well? Or, should I be replacing some fat and protein with carbs.

I am sure these questions have been answered before. Forgive me, I have not been able to find some of this information. Answer what you can.

You have to buy the first bottle at full price then you can call 1-800-525-1940 and sign up for autoship to get the discounted price.

@corstijeir: Thanks for that. You have always been on top of your shit. I felt like I should have cc’d you.

<a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/indigo-3g"target=“new”>Indigo-3G is $69 per bottle if you sign up for the auto-ship program. Basically, you buy a bottle online and if you like it you call Biotest at 800-525-1940 and sign up.

You can add other supplements to the auto-ship order as well, whatever you use monthly. You can put auto-ship on hold, change your order, or cancel any time. It’s convenient and you get Indigo-3G at a discount. (Auto-shippers have also been known to get special treats sometimes, like first dibs at new products, free extras etc.) See the bottom of the store page linked above. Auto-ship goes out the first week of every month and you’ll get an email first so you can change things if needed.

As for your questions, no, there’s no need for low-carb days when on Indigo-3G. Your off day or conditioning-only days may naturally have fewer because you won’t be using a peri-workout drink like Plazma, Surge or Anaconda on non-lifting days, but you should still seek out quality carbs every day. Remember, Indigo-3G is a nutrient repartitioning agent, so you have to give it something to repartition into muscle. We have some suggested carb sources here: <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/strength-training-topics/1617"target=“new”>Indigo-3G Carb Guide

With calories, most people can and do consume more, but it’s all about finding your personal sweet spot with intake: the intake point where you’re making the muscular gains you want with little or no fat gain, or you’re losing fat and gaining muscle at the same time, depending on your goals.

This sweet spot of intake differs with everyone, but it’s always higher than before they upgraded their physiology with Indigo-3G. (You can’t go by what worked for you before, because your body is working differently on Indigo-3G.)

We have a couple of Indigo-3G users who’ve lost 100 pounds of fat and gained muscle at the same time (one competing in powerlifting.) Others have been “hardgainers” who are now able to pack in nutrients and repartition them to muscle gain. Some of these guys are topping 600g of carbs per day. And finally, others who could not eat many carbs without turning them into body fat are now able to consume adequate carbs and gain muscle instead of just storing every extra calorie as fat. (That would be me.)

So, it may take you a couple of weeks to find that sweet spot for you goals, but we’ll be here to help through the Indigo logs and this forum too if needed.

Thanks for that. Would you go for white rice over brown to get a better insulin response?

[quote]Japek wrote:
Thanks for that. Would you go for white rice over brown to get a better insulin response?[/quote]

Each which you like better. Seriously. Don’t worry about GI index and all that.

Small hijack on the thread - does anyone know if it’s possible (maybe, please, if I beg and pout) to sign up for Auto-Ship on an every-other-month basis? I live in Canada so the shipping really screws me on the Indigo deal. But if I could do Auto-ship every other month, I would be ordering the Plazma Super Stack plus an extra bottle of Indigo, an extra tub of MAG-10, 2 Flameout, plus whatever else I decide to spoil myself with (Finibars, I’m looking at you)

Thanks!

[quote]accidentalyogi wrote:
Small hijack on the thread - does anyone know if it’s possible (maybe, please, if I beg and pout) to sign up for Auto-Ship on an every-other-month basis? I live in Canada so the shipping really screws me on the Indigo deal. But if I could do Auto-ship every other month, I would be ordering the Plazma Super Stack plus an extra bottle of Indigo, an extra tub of MAG-10, 2 Flameout, plus whatever else I decide to spoil myself with (Finibars, I’m looking at you)

Thanks!

[/quote]

I would call customer service for help with this. Probably the best way to get answers.

[quote]accidentalyogi wrote:

Thanks!

[/quote]

Customer service can help you out with that. 800-525-1940 or email service@biotest.net. I think it’s possible to be on auto-ship and place every other month on “hold” since you’re looking to make bigger orders less frequently, but please double-check with customer service.

I put my auto ship on hold a couple times and was kicked from auto ship so I don’t think every other month would work, but call in to make sure.

Yes, you should be able to do every-other-month Auto Ship orders. You are inactivated from the program when you go 2 months in a row without an order (which then just takes a call to customer service to be reactivated).

Crowbar

Hey Chris, today is my first day on Indigo-3G. as long as you take Indigo before workout, does it matter if the second dose is before breakfast, lunch or dinner? I took it this morning before my oatmeal.

[quote]Japek wrote:
Hey Chris, today is my first day on Indigo-3G. as long as you take Indigo before workout, does it matter if the second dose is before breakfast, lunch or dinner? I took it this morning before my oatmeal.[/quote]

Always take one dose 30 minutes prior to workout nutrition.

The other dose needs to be at least 6 hours or so apart from the other dose. Depending on when you train, that could be pre-breakfast, pre-lunch, or pre-dinner. Just spread the dosages for maximal coverage and results.

Thanks.

Please shed some light on day 1 diet if you could. Good to know that I should be taking these doses 6 hours apart

7 AM: Dose 1
7:30: 3/4 cup oatmeal, handful of raisins, scoop and half of Metabolic Drive: about 50g carbs
11 AM: Banana, scoop and half of MD: 30 g carbs
12:15: Dose 2
12:40: Start sipping 3 scoops of surge: 66 g carbs
1-1:50 workout
1:50-2: finish surge
3:30 - chipotle burrito bowl w/ black beans, brown rice, chicken, veggies, salsa, 2 tablespoons plain greek yogurt, guac: 75 g carbs
6:30 - Broccoli, chicken and quinoa, 30 g carbs
9:30 - scoop of MD
10:00 - bed

Total carbs for the day: 251

Your schedule and food choices look pretty good. I’d suggest making your pre-workout dose your first serving of Indigo-3G for the day. Then have the second pre-dinner.

Most Indigo-3G users can easily hit 300g carbs and use that as a starting point. After that you work up to find your sweet spot, which we usually define as the point where you packing on muscle and not gaining fat, or losing some fat while still gaining some muscle depending on your goals.

If you haven’t see this yet, check it out for some other “clean carbs” options: <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/strength-training-topics/1617"target=“new”>Indigo-3G Carb Guide

Thanks for that. I lift 3 days a week because it works best with my schedule. Tuesday/Thursday/Sat are all conditioning days where I do track sprints or prowler. Would you recommend any high carb peri workout nutrition like Finibar or Surge?

Japek,

For weight training workouts, Finibar, Surge or Plazma would be ideal. Many prefer to use <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/mag-10"target=“new”>Mag-10 for conditioning to speed fat loss and/or prevent any possible muscle loss.

Chris, with Finibars, SWF, and Indigo…I have a Finibar an hour before the lift and start SWF 15 min prior. Should Indigo come before or after the Finibar?

WUDNS,

Since Indigo-3G is active in the blood for at least 6 hours, you can take it before the Finibar if you’d like and still be full “covered” for your workout and even your post-workout meal or drink.

Hey Chris, My GF wants to start taking Indigo. She is already pretty lean and has a genetically small frame. Every once in a while she will get a bicep vein doing pullups and it freaks her out. Is there a different protocol for someone like her that doesn’t necessarily want to build muscle, but lean out a little bit for summer?

I have taken it for 3 days and already feel the difference. For the first time ever, we eat differently for dinner and it pisses her off.