Biotest

Indigo-3G and Fat Loss

I am about to start Indigo-3G for the first time. I am out of shape having stopped the gym for 3 months due to a wedding and honeymoon but I need to get back into shape. I am currently around 5 foot 8 213 lbs but probly 25+% bodyfat. Most of my bodyfat is on my stomach area. Basically I’ve got a short, thick build but something of a pot belly. I really want to get rid of the flab. I also think I don’t handle carbs well and I haven’t been lean since I was 16 when I was a skinny rake.

How best to utilise Indigo-3G? Where should my carb intake be? How best to lose fat while taking Indigo-3G?

My workouts are mainly compound movements done explosive or heavy with very little cardio. I’m going to increase cardio immediately. I also now have an office job where I sit on my ass all day even though my previous jobs have been manual labour type jobs so the fat is really piling on.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Criticisms?

I will to try provide pics if I can.

1. Simply use <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/indigo-3g"target=“new”>Indigo-3G as directed on the label.

2. Increasing cardio can be tricky. This is a better idea: http://www.t-nation.com/training/predator-conditioning

Or simply adopt one of these training programs written for Indigo-3G users: http://www.t-nation.com/workouts/indigo-project

1. Some carb and diet suggestions:

http://www.t-nation.com/strength-training-topics/1713

http://www.t-nation.com/strength-training-topics/1617

Thanks, Chris. So in terms of carbs, eat as much as I can tolerate without gaining fat ? This is the part where I feel out of my depth. Eating carbs in high portions always goes to my belly first then my muscles. Should I really be keeping carbs that high. Usually fat loss comes to me when carbs are managed. I’m worried about wasting the effects of Indigo-3G I guess. But fat loss has to be the main goal at the moment.

[quote]Mad_Dog_Divine wrote:
Eating carbs in high portions always goes to my belly first then my muscles. [/quote]

…which is exactly what Indigo-3G fixes over time.

Do this:

1. Clean up the obvious problems in your diet, the stuff you already know is not good: junk food, excess alcohol, fast food, junk carbs like bread and pasta and most cereals.

2. Now start with roughly 200g of carbs per day from the good sources: workout nutrition (Plazma, Finibar, or Surge workout Fuel), potatoes, rice, buckwheat etc. The people I’ve worked with have gotten great results from getting rid of wheat, which may kill cravings and some food addictions, plus it just naturally gets rid of most junk carb sources without having to think about it too much.

3. Work your way up from there based on your results. Remember, dropping most of your carbs will lead to some fast weight loss, but most of that is water and muscle glycogen, not fat. And if you’re lifting and wanting to build muscle, then you need the right carbs at the right time to get it. Your training will take care of the rest.

I’m really hoping that is the case!

I think you make a good point that my previous “weight loss” is mostly water and glycogen. That is why my bodyfat has crept up over the last 13 years slowly but very surely.

Is there any need to time carbs around a workout or taper them throughout the day?

Indigo has just arrived, I took it and ate quite a large meal and I don’t have that lethargic and bloated feeling. I’m hoping that’s the Indigo at work. Really looking forward to my Indigo experiment! Thanks, Chris!

[quote]Mad_Dog_Divine wrote:
I’m really hoping that is the case!

I think you make a good point that my previous “weight loss” is mostly water and glycogen. That is why my bodyfat has crept up over the last 13 years slowly but very surely.

Is there any need to time carbs around a workout or taper them throughout the day?

Indigo has just arrived, I took it and ate quite a large meal and I don’t have that lethargic and bloated feeling. I’m hoping that’s the Indigo at work. Really looking forward to my Indigo experiment! Thanks, Chris! [/quote]

Generally speaking, you need the right carbs around the workout period, so most people keep the bulk of their intake around this time and drop carbs down the rest of the day. With Indigo-3G you’ll find that you can spread them out, though the peri-workout period is best.

Okay, I think that’s more than enough information. Time to bust some ass!

Thank you for all your help.

Chris,

I’ve seen some different advice regarding greens/Superfood supps while on Indigo-3G… I’m going to be taking it for the first time this week and want to get the timing right. If I have a greens/Superfood supp in the morning and take Indigo-3G pre-workout no less than 6 hours later, the ingredients should not interfere, correct? And this also works the other way, if I took the Indigo-3G early? Thanks!

[quote]RBeal wrote:
Chris,

I’ve seen some different advice regarding greens/Superfood supps while on Indigo-3G… I’m going to be taking it for the first time this week and want to get the timing right. If I have a greens/Superfood supp in the morning and take Indigo-3G pre-workout no less than 6 hours later, the ingredients should not interfere, correct? And this also works the other way, if I took the Indigo-3G early? Thanks![/quote]

You want to keep your Superfood or greens supplement away from Indigo-3G by about 6 hours or so, just to be safe. Either direction.

Cool, just wanted to check, thanks!