Biotest

Increasing indigo-3G uptake

What’s up T-Nation. Been a while since I last posted but wanted to make my first post about what I think is the best Biotest supplement and possibly best on the market, Indigo 3G . I’ve been taking indigo for 3 years intermittently ( never went more than 2-3months without a dose, messed with 4-6 capsules/serv. each time. ) and am looking to start a phase where I can get the absolute most out of indigo from my training .

With that being said I’m taking Plazma, MAG-10, ElitePro, sometimes Finis and Brain Candy right now amongst other supps. Now my question would be am I “pissing my money away” if I was considering taking my regular dose pre training and then one later/earlier in the day with a fat meal ? Including on non-training days, 2 doses?

Is it already SO much “in my system” that the extra dose wouldn’t make the difference? I know the half life is 4 hrs . Just wanted to hear some feedback from anyone who had given it a test run or any insight at all is helpful.
Thanks

I think twice a day dosing is actually quite great especially during times when you’re diet is 100% dialed in and you’re looking for some increased progress.

That said- what do you mean by with a fat meal? Indigo is really meant to be used with carbs. If all of your carbs are taken around your workout I would not think you’re getting the most out of I3G by taking another dose later without carbs. There are still benefits of course but the biggest is nutrient partitioning, which needs nutrients to do so.

[quote]diamonddelts59 wrote:
Now my question would be am I “pissing my money away” if I was considering taking my regular dose pre training and then one later/earlier in the day with a fat meal ? Including on non-training days, 2 doses?[/quote]
I want to say either Bill Robert or Buffd_Samurai have done twice-a-day dosing with the current formula. Not sure which guy it was, but I thought I remembered seeing one of them talk about it.

Previous versions of Indigo (like when it first came out a few years ago) did recommend taking it twice a day, but the current version has been improved and fine-tuned so one dose a day is plenty.

If you did want to push things and experiment with it, on training days I’d take a dose 15-30 minutes pre-workout and a one dose 15-30 minutes before the highest carb meal of the day (Like Corst said). On non-training days, I’d stick with one dose before the biggest carb meal. I don’t really see the need, or point, of double dosing on non-training days.

Indigo is generally in your system and “working” for 6 hours. So that’s also a factor when looking at the timing of your training and meals.

Yep Chris, that was me.

I take 8 caps a day divided into two separate doses of 4 caps. I have found this dosage with the current formula to be the best for me. 6 caps taken once a day is the recommendation, but believe it or not sometimes taking that much actually gave me the “runs” if you know what I mean. Not all the time, but I narrowed it down to the I-3G that was causing it (at 6 caps…not at 4…and again, for me. Everyone is different).

Bill Roberts indicated that for most of the population, 6 caps taken once a day is enough. It’s outliers (like me it seems) that need to experiment a bit to dial the proper dosage in.

And yes, take it with carbs AFTER the I-3G (roughly 20 minutes for me). However, I think it is fine to take even without the carbs as it has other properties that are beneficial.