Biotest

In the Beginning

Here we go - Day 1 of the V-Diet! Got started today. A week ago I didn’t even know about the V-Diet.

I have been a runner for the past 5 years. Mostly 10k and 1/2 marathon distances. Thanks to a back injury and a hectic schedule I have been mostly off since last September.

My goals for the V-Diet are to drop the 10-15 lbs. gained since last summer; to build strength and improve my running pace; and to break my bad eating habits. I also think that more lean muscle mass will provide improved quality of life - mood, energy, etc.

Day 1 went ok. I’m definitely addicted to food. I’m hoping the cravings will subside.

Here are my vitals:

Height: 6 ft.
Weight: 193 lbs.
Neck: 16 in.
Shoulders: 46 in.
Chest(upper): 41.5 in.
Chest(lower): 40 in.
Waist@naval: 37 in.
Waist@largest: 38.5 in.
Hips@largest: 42 in.
Upper Arm L: 14.5 in.
Upper Arm R: 14 in.
Upper Leg L: 23.5 in.
Upper Leg R: 24 in.
Lower Leg L: 16 in.
Lower Leg R: 16 in.
Ankle L: 10 in.
Ankle R: 10 in.

I’ll get pics posted soon…

Welcome to the dark side, RCJ. I am so glad that you are here. The cravings subside a bit, but as a foodie, they will never be far from gone. Consider this like a 30 fast as well. Unlike a regular fast, you will be getting ripped as well, but the purification of time away from such vitals does the mind good.

Glad you are here!!!

Welcome and be sure to keep us updated!

Also, don’t run during your V-Diet, if you were planning on it (wasn’t clear in your post.) The loss of excess fat and the Velocity workouts will lend themselves to improving your sport performance. Then, after the V-Diet, you can work your sport training back in.

[quote]knutes101 wrote:
Welcome to the dark side, RCJ. I am so glad that you are here. The cravings subside a bit, but as a foodie, they will never be far from gone. Consider this like a 30 fast as well. Unlike a regular fast, you will be getting ripped as well, but the purification of time away from such vitals does the mind good.

Glad you are here!!![/quote]

Knutes - thanks for the encouraging words! That’s a good way to look at it. Day 2 has been easier so far.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
Welcome and be sure to keep us updated!

Also, don’t run during your V-Diet, if you were planning on it (wasn’t clear in your post.) The loss of excess fat and the Velocity workouts will lend themselves to improving your sport performance. Then, after the V-Diet, you can work your sport training back in.

[/quote]

Thanks! Not to worry - no running for me for the next 28 days. I will look forward to hitting the trails again as a leaner, stronger runner.

Day 2?

Thinking about you today? How was it?

[quote]knutes101 wrote:
Day 2?

Thinking about you today? How was it?[/quote]

Thanks for checking in! It was easier than day one - except that I had a raging headache all day. I cut back on my caffeine intake since I started taking the HOT-ROX, but I may add some back in tomorrow.

I am sore from my first day of weight training - not surprising b/c I have rarely lifted prior to this.

Hangin in, hangin in…

[quote]rcjackson13 wrote:
Thanks for checking in! It was easier than day one - except that I had a raging headache all day. I cut back on my caffeine intake since I started taking the HOT-ROX, but I may add some back in tomorrow.[/quote]

That might help with the headache. Just be sure to start off with 1 cap of HR to gauge how it makes you feel with the coffee/caffeine.

Don’t want to get too jittery!

[quote]Tech9 wrote:
Don’t want to get too jittery!
[/quote]

Screw that…JITTER!!! I found that the HOT-ROX get better after about 4 days. I still hate them, still hate them and still hate them, but they get better.

Keep it up.

BTW, photos, photos, photos.

Welcome to the madness! Your measurements are close to mine. I’m pulling for ya! And get those photos up. Watching the progression helps a ton.

Here are my starting pics taken on Sunday, 4/19…

side…

back…

back…

Dude,

Sorry for the no check in, but you are going to have huge results. I can totally see already that this will pull your posture up, tighten up your chest and shrink your waist. You will be really pleased.

Keep it up. What are you doing for your HSM this week?

[quote]knutes101 wrote:
Dude,

Sorry for the no check in, but you are going to have huge results. I can totally see already that this will pull your posture up, tighten up your chest and shrink your waist. You will be really pleased.

Keep it up. What are you doing for your HSM this week?[/quote]

Thanks for the encouraging words … I can’t beleive that week one is almost over. Each day gets a little easier, and I can see and feel results. I will get my new stats and pics up tomorrow.

HSM is going to be cedar plank salmon, garlic broccoli (a favorite dish my wife makes) and some sweet potato fries. I can’t wait!!

Week 1 weigh in and vitals:

Height: 6 ft./ 6
Weight: 193 lbs./ 186
Neck: 16 in./ 16
Shoulders: 46 in./ 45
Chest(upper): 41.5 in./ 40
Chest(lower): 40 in./ 39.5
Waist@naval: 37 in./ 36.5
Waist@largest: 38.5 in./ 37.5
Hips@largest: 42 in./ 41
Upper Arm L: 14.5 in./ 13.5
Upper Arm R: 14 in./ 13.5
Upper Leg L: 23.5 in./ 23
Upper Leg R: 24 in./ 23.5
Lower Leg L: 16 in./ 15.5
Lower Leg R: 16 in./ 15.5
Ankle L: 10 in./ 9.5
Ankle R: 10 in./ 9.5

I am definitely pleased with my week 1 results. I knew I was making progress, but I was a little surprised at how much. I will get pics up later today.

Sweet results, due. You have to be pleased.

Can’t wait to see the pics.

[quote]knutes101 wrote:
Sweet results, due. You have to be pleased.

Can’t wait to see the pics.[/quote]

Pleased for sure! I never got to the pics last week, but I will get some up for my week 2 results.