Biotest

In Between Stage, Not Fat/Not Ripped

Will the Velocity Diet give me ABS?! Im by no means fat, I have pecs, u can see my muscle decently but Im also by no means ripped. Im the in between. Im on the Velocity Diet and Im about 9 days in, Im feeling kind of discouraged right now because I really havnt changed that much.

I know its only being 9 days and this is probably a normal thing when u want the results as fast as I do, but i was just wondering is there anybody whos done the Velocity Diet who was at the in between stage (soft, not fat but not ripped) and if so did u have abs by the end?

dude stick with it man! i’m on day 9. i am the same way body wise. i started this diet @ 169lbs not fat not ripped w/ a little muscle. i took a shot because really it’s only four weeks and the worst that will happen is that you will discover you don’t have much muscle. but you will still lose a ton of fat if you follow the diet correctly. so afterwards when you decide to pack on the muscle you can be start from a leaner point and maybe have cleaner gains as opposed to bulking at a higher bf. just my 2.

[quote]W.Laporte wrote:
I know its only being 9 days and this is probably a normal thing when u want the results as fast as I do, but i was just wondering is there anybody whos done the Velocity Diet who was at the in between stage (soft, not fat but not ripped) and if so did u have abs by the end?[/quote]

1. It’s not all about the ‘hawt abz’.
  2. Your description is a bit vague, but I’m going to assume you’re around the 12-14% mark like I was, so yes, it’s likely you’ll see abs at the end of the diet - provided you have a decent amount of muscle to start with.

how did this turn out for you guys? i’m not fat, not ripped as well. i feel like if i start to bulk, i’ll look too fat. if i cut, i’ll look too thin. lose lose. but i want to go the skinny way cuz i cant stand being fat.

do you guys recommend i do what you did? how did the V-Diet work? were y our abs really ripped by the end of V-Diet or just visible?

hey bdiddy�??
i’m in a similar boat as well…
i can see my 6-pack when i flex, but still have some fat on me that i’m trying to eliminate. you can read my log (with pics)… it’s the one called “Lean V-Dieter…”.
i’m on day 3 right now and already see SOME improvement, especially in my shoulders… although a lot of it is just noticing increased vascularity due to carb-depletion…

my feelings are as follows:

1. it is always better to start bulking from a leaner place, as your metabolism will be faster on account of it, so you will stay lean, healthy, etc…

2. i think that a pretty good way to make bodybuilding gains is the traditional bulking and cutting cycle, but i know that i don’t have the willpower to devote 3 or so months to a strict cutting phase including a medium-strict diet and a bunch of cardio. it is MUCH easier for me to cut for one month very intensely, on the V-Diet, than to do it sort of half-assedly for a longer period of time. also, a NEPA walk is much more pleasant for me than traditional cardio. finally, i know i will cheat on a traditional diet, but not on the V-Diet!

anyways, hopefully the OP will tell us how his results are, as i’m curious as well… but i’ve decided to give it a shot and i’m excited for the results!

let me know if you have questions…
dan

Def stick with it, I would describe myself as you, and had great results on the V diet for my mid section. Im a former fat boy and I saw significant results in my midsection where I consider myself loose. I actually felt leaner when the V-Diet was over at 212 (started 229), than when I did a previous non V-Diet cut and was down at 203…

I mean in reality this will lean you out, it all depends on what type of hypertrophy you got goin on underneath the water weight and last few %'s of BF. Either way, the V-Diet is a great in the zone warrior approach to getting in shape, load the ipod up and hit the pavement!

This is a good thread – I’m a bit discouraged not ‘seeing’ the results in my ‘fat’ areas, worried that I’m losing what muscle gains I’ve had, etc. and knowing that the worry just makes it worse. Glad to know I’m not the only one.

Going to try and make sure this is not the be all and end all, just a ‘reset’ button after falling off track for a few months prior to starting the V-Diet - cruise ship food and travelling can break you down.