Biotest

I'm a Fatty. (V-Diet Log)

Always have been.

I think I’m somewhere close to 240lbs at 6’2"

The story:
Have always been the big guy, earning the name “brick house” from my lacrosse teammates.
Started putting on weight in 5th grade, and stuck with me through freshman year of high school (210lbs, no muscle). Sophomore year I discovered lacrosse, and the summer before junior year I discovered T-Nation.
Put those two together and it brought to my all time leanest and strongest at 190lbs during December of my senior year.

Then the lacrosse season came, and i had “earned” my right to slack off a bit. Besides, I’d be sprinting around 6 days a week, it wouldn’t affect me at all.

Well I lost all of the habits I had developed, started eating fast food constantly. It is now 4 months AFTER the season ended and I’m still eating like shit. Oh, and to add to that: there was never time to go to the gym during the season, and I’ve been to the gym maybe 3 times in the past few months.

No training + shitty eating = gaining it all back and then some.
Clocked in at 235lbs the other day and decided to do the V-Diet.

Started yesterday.
First weigh-in tomorrow.
Gym today, then tues, and thurs.

My work place is terrible by the way, and it will not help at all.

I work at a fondue restaurant.
What this means: servers/managers get hungry and next thing you know sitting on a burner in the back is a giant pot of melted cheese.

The rubber band trick helped. Every time I thought of dipping some bread in there I snapped my self.

It also doesn’t help that I’ll leave there around 12:30am every night. I almost slept through my 7am alarm to take HOT-ROX.

Last thing, I discovered a strange habit I’ve developed. I’ll be in my room playing games, doing homework, what have you. The moment I have a hint of boredom I get up and look in the fridge. I found myself standing in front of the open doors of the refrigerator saying, “How the hell did I get here?”

Kickin’ that shit to the curb.

time to make some changes bohvee.

i can relate to playing video games and suddenly, as if time warped, standing in front of the fridge about to open it.

i overcame that by stocking up on grapes eating some everytime i was at the fridge. i also didn’t let myself eat anywhere but my kitchen.

Thought about this so much and I’ve forgotten something.
It’s okay it’s day 4.
I’m taking Superfood, don’t know if this replaces it, but I’ve forgotten a multivitamin. I’ll start with that today.

Also have not been eating peanut butter at night. I don’t really know how to transport a tbsp of peanut butter to work, so I might just go for it on the 4 nights a week I don’t work (3 of which happen to be my workout days, so it works out; more cal when needed).

Yesterday was the first time combining SJSU and V-Diet. No hitch. Brought powder for the multiple shakes I’d be having in baggies and brought a shaker cup. Walked to the soda fountain next to the on-campus subway, said “Fuck you” to the foot-long subway club on wheat, and used the little tab thing under the lemonade to get my water.

When I start talking I go on forever, jesus… (above was chopped for brevity)

Last thing…
Immediate difference noticed. I used to wear size 34 waist Dickies to work. I would get laughed at for how baggy they were.
I’ve recently been wearing size 36 Dickies, and they hug my ass tighter than a guy from the Castro.
Sunday night, I could actually cinch the belt and was able to breathe.

To summarize: feeling fan-fucking-tastic.

That was actually the clincher for me in starting the V-Diet. I really like clothes, and when my shirts and pants that I already probably spent too much money on don’t fit right I had to take action. Nothing is worse than a fatty in a tight shirt.

Good luck with the diet.

Welcome bohveedah! Sounds like you’re rocking along. Stick with it (lame subliminal lacrosse joke?)!

[quote]RhunDraco wrote:
Welcome bohveedah! Sounds like you’re rocking along. Stick with it (lame subliminal lacrosse joke?)![/quote]

Hah, didn’t catch it (less obvious, but also a lacrosse joke).
You play too? I was actually in Colorado playing in a tournament at DU last summer. I love it there. Also, I’m an Avs fan.

[quote]said “Fuck you” to the foot-long subway club on wheat

[/quote]

i’m cursing out food ALL the time. especially a place called MEGA pizza near my gym… i have to drive past it on the way home.

having no gut is gonna be way better that ANY pizza i ever tasted though.

keep up the good work, stay frosty!

[quote]bohveedah wrote:
RhunDraco wrote:
Welcome bohveedah! Sounds like you’re rocking along. Stick with it (lame subliminal lacrosse joke?)!

Hah, didn’t catch it (less obvious, but also a lacrosse joke).
You play too? I was actually in Colorado playing in a tournament at DU last summer. I love it there. Also, I’m an Avs fan.[/quote]

No, actually, I’ve never tried lacrosse. Looks like fun, though. However, I don’t know if any sport including running would be good for me, as I jacked up a knee when I was in my early 20’s and it’s never quite recovered. But then, I’ve pretty much been too fat to really attempt running for many years. Now that I’m getting leaner, I’ll see if running is something I can finally do.

[quote]ricky awesome wrote:
said “Fuck you” to the foot-long subway club on wheat

i’m cursing out food ALL the time. especially a place called MEGA pizza near my gym… i have to drive past it on the way home.

[/quote]

Same here. A big “fuck you!” to all the people at work eating pizza, chicken strips and french fries, pasta and all that. And the same to the bajillion fast food places within walking distance of my house.

I want a six pack, and I will become a “food snob” to get there.

Bring a whole jar of peanut butter and store it somewhere safe at work. It doesn’t have to be refrigerated or anything and you can half a tablespoon with it if you don’t already have that type of measuring utensil at work.

Get out and leisurely shoot some goals for NEPA. I love doing that though it’s been awhile. Great core workout too.

Post us some measurements, weight, bf% if you can! I am on Day 5 and interested in keeping up with everyone’s progress. These forums are a lifesaver.

In the words of the bartender from Boondock Saints…
Fuck. Ass.

I don’t know why, but I’m so down right now. Haven’t missed a shake only Thursday’s workout, but it feels like things are going downhill. Day 9.

Oh, also I completely forgot about measurements.
Jesus titty fucking Christ. There are no starting measurements or pictures. I’ll find some pics of me a few months ago @ 200 on the other computer in a bit.

I’m going to try and kick my own ass out of this slump. Round 2 of the day 1 routine. Be back later with those pictures. I’ll also shoot some current pics and post current measurements tomorrow morning.

[quote]RhunDraco wrote:
ricky awesome wrote:
said “Fuck you” to the foot-long subway club on wheat

Same here. A big “fuck you!” to all the people at work eating pizza, chicken strips and french fries, pasta and all that. And the same to the bajillion fast food places within walking distance of my house.

I want a six pack, and I will become a “food snob” to get there.[/quote]

At work people are always making giant pots of melted cheese, and EVERY server huddles around it. What’s worse is on Fridays and Saturdays management will make food for the servers, like tacos or pasta or order pizza. I don’t even want it. Fuck it.

One thing that’s interesting though is I WANT to grab a veggie bowl and eat it up. See for the cheese at my restraunt we bring out chopped veggies and bread for dipping. Well I’ve been craving just grabbing a bowl of veggies and chowin’ down, hah

Bohveedah - Keep going sounds like you are doing well. Working at a place like that you have to have some major will power. Kudoos. Instead of baggies go pickup a powered milk dispenser at the store (think baby formula).

it carries 3 separated scoops, no waste, very clean. The vege thing kills me too. I used to crave junk, now its mostly healthy. What workout program are you following?

Oh I’ve never even heard of that. I’ll look into it, that sounds really useful for not just work but school where I’m packing like 4 ziplocs to get me through.

I’m doing the intermediate. The weird sleep patterns the past few days totally killed me in the gym. Had to use assistance for the wide chins (partly because of the weight gained, used to be able to do unassisted [more reason for the diet]), but then I had to keep adding weight to assist because I couldn’t finish a set. Killer.

I love deads, and those were good. Dips were good. Chins, meh.

So before we get to the measurements and photos, I’d like to express a frustration (I’m doing that a lot on here…).

I was a fatty through puberty, and it has had some lasting effects that piss me off to no end. These pictures have rekindled that pissed off-edness.
Bitch tits, fatty thighs, and overall very feminine weight gain trends. Fucking sucks. I’m on rev-z throughout all this, and I might try Alpha Male once off HRX.

Question about slight gynecomastia.
Is surgery really the only solution? I’m hoping that building up my chest will sort of mask it…
This has also been some of the reason behind the diet. I want to try and nerf the shit out of the tits and legs

Bleh. Pisses me off… anyways here’s the stats

9/16 :: Day 10

weight: 216.5 lbs. (When I weighed myself two months ago it was ~230lbs.)

largest part of belly: 39"
upper thigh: 27.5"
calf: 16.5"
chest across nips: 41"
between belly button and nips: 35.5"
shoulders: 49.5"
upper arm: 14.25’
neck: 15"

iPhone is the best I can do, at the moment.

9/16 Front

9/16 Side
junk in the trunk. hahah

11/27/06 @ 190?lbs.