Biotest

I'll Give It A Shot V-Diet 3.0 Begins 3/2/09

I consider myself one of those “skinny-fat” guys who has, like many, never seen an entire six-pack or had 18’ arms. I struggle daily with shoveling (good tasting) garbage into my mouth and cooking the food I know I should be eating.

So tomorrow, I’ve decided I’m going to dive right in to the 3.0 program. I’m going to put strength and mass building on hold right now, and get to single-digit bodyfat (you can only really do one thing at a time, right?). My Biotest supplements are here, and the only product I am opting to not use is HOT-ROX (I’d prefer not limit my rather large coffee consumption). I’ve tried a mini-V-Diet program for two weeks last year with good results, so I know it works.

This time I’m going to stick it out for the 4 full weeks plus transition. Having a final “pig out” today, pics and measurements up tomorrow.

Good luck to everyone else starting!

If you’re not using HOT-ROX it would be very wise to sub in Carbolin 19. Remember, HOT-ROX isn’t just a stimulant - it helps to preserve lean muscle while speeding up fat loss – something coffee can’t do. Carbolin 19 helps a lot though.

Ok, Chris. I’ll just order the HOT-ROX. I trust your judgement, and the science behind the formula…

Here are my numbers:

Height: 6’0"
Weight: 225lbs
Neck: 16"
Shoulders: 50.5"
Chest-Upper: 44"
Chest-Lower: 44.5"
Waist-At Navel: 41"
Waist-At Largest: 41.5"
Hips-At Largest: 45.5"
Upper Arm-L: 15.5"
Upper Arm-R: 16"
Upper Leg-L: 24.5"
Upper Leg-R: 24"
Lower Leg-L: 15.5"
Lower Leg-R: 16"
Ankle-L: 9.5"
Ankle-R: 9.5"

Shot 1

Side pic

Back Pic

So I began the diet today without much problem. It’s hard to imagine on day 1 what day 28 will feel like, but I must say as I sip my Surge Recovery, I feel pretty beat. Nice program Chad! And I thought 60-second rest intervals were taxing! At 225lbs, my workout day calories are approximately 2,025 and 1,695 on non-lifting days. I’m figuring when the HOT-ROX arrives, that will give me a little boost.

Here are my sorry workout numbers:

Front squat @ 154lbs 5,4,4,3,4 reps

Chin-ups (bodyweight) 5,3,3,2,1,1,1,1,1,1,1 (can’t wait until I’m not pulling that 20 pound tire in my belly)

Incline Dumbbell Bench Press @ 55lbs each arm 5,5,5,5 (need to increase the weight I think)

Ab-Dolley Rollout 5,5,5,5

Immediately followed by treadmill walking @ 3.0 mph and 4.0 incline for 20 minutes. Can’t wait to see what 8-9 rep sets do to me on Wednesday…

Not sure about beginner, but intermediate wednesdays are crazy hard. keep up the good fight.

So it’s day 2 and I’m craving hot wings and beer already…(don’t worry, I’m not gonna cave…)

Does anyone else notice this side-effect of the diet? I know your taste buds are supposed to be de-sensitized, but I’m noticing my sense of smell is amplified. You see, my wonderful wife is munching on a chicken gyro right now, and I swear I could smell it out the door…oh well.

Day 2 went well, a little sore from yesterday. Craving the THOUGHT of food, but have not been hungry.

Performed treadmill walk @3.5 mph for 30 minutes on a 4.0 incline.

Ugh. Day 3 was brutal!

I had a pretty hectic afternoon at work, followed by my intermediate weight training workout. Here’s how it went:

Reverse Lunges with Dumbbells @ 40lbs each arm- 8,8,6,5,5,3,3,2

Bent-Over Dumbbell Rows @ 50lbs on each arm- 9,9,9,9,4

Push Press with Barbell @ 88lbs- 9,8,4,4,3,4,3,3,2

E-Z Curl Barbell Curls Standing @ 65lbs- 9,8,6,4,3,4,3,3

Reverse Crunch on Floor- 9,6,7,4,4,4,3,3

Holy Crap!!! My abs were cramping half-way into the crunches. I’ll tell you, I don’t know how certain people are saying these workouts are easy. I’m using one of those little egg-timers between sets to keep me honest. I actually set it to go off for 5 seconds sooner than prescribed (for instance 40 secs instead of 45) to allow for the 5 seconds it takes to get positioned/pick up the weights. I also drink about a gallon of water during the session-I’m friggin’ parched! Luckily I did my NEPA earlier in the day, 3.5mph on the treadmill for 30 minutes.

Keep strong, guys and gals!

Sounds like you’re off to a great start sobrie - keep it up! And it really DOES get easier after day 5, I promise :wink:

[quote]sobrie2 wrote:
Ugh. Day 3 was brutal!

I had a pretty hectic afternoon at work, followed by my intermediate weight training workout. Here’s how it went:

Reverse Lunges with Dumbbells @ 40lbs each arm- 8,8,6,5,5,3,3,2

Bent-Over Dumbbell Rows @ 50lbs on each arm- 9,9,9,9,4

Push Press with Barbell @ 88lbs- 9,8,4,4,3,4,3,3,2

E-Z Curl Barbell Curls Standing @ 65lbs- 9,8,6,4,3,4,3,3

Reverse Crunch on Floor- 9,6,7,4,4,4,3,3

Holy Crap!!! My abs were cramping half-way into the crunches. I’ll tell you, I don’t know how certain people are saying these workouts are easy. I’m using one of those little egg-timers between sets to keep me honest. I actually set it to go off for 5 seconds sooner than prescribed (for instance 40 secs instead of 45) to allow for the 5 seconds it takes to get positioned/pick up the weights. I also drink about a gallon of water during the session-I’m friggin’ parched! Luckily I did my NEPA earlier in the day, 3.5mph on the treadmill for 30 minutes.

Keep strong, guys and gals![/quote]

Yeah, wednesday workouts are crazy…wait til week two (read my post on mine). i can’t even imagine the next two weeks of it. i think a lot of people aren’t choosing proper weights or aren’t timing properly. that’s why they say it’s easy. you make a great point about the ‘time it takes to get set’. that should be included in the rest period, not rest period followed by thirty seconds of getting set, then lift. that is for sure a key. keep up the hard work though…it will pay off for sure. think Gus.

a gallon of water during the workout though? with the short rest periods and my huffing for air, i can usually only get a few sips in.

Ok…so maybe not a gallon. But it seems like that much water. I can’t get enough! And yeah, it’s tough to chug when you’re breathing so hard.

Got my HOT-ROX yesterday and took one pill this morning. It made my hands shake a little. Glad I didn’t start with two caps!

I’ll check out your thread…

i’m with you on the thirst thing for sure. i drink a bunch post workouts.

it’s such a cool feeling. being exhausted after 30 minutes. i was one of those guys who for the past 2 years would spend 1.5 hours in the gym 5-6x/week, and i’ve been more sore and tired this last week than in the last 8 months.

just keep pushing yourself harder and harder.

Try doing the intermediate at 58 lol! I use a gym timer to keep me honest. I’m really sucking air by the end. I haven’t done squats for quite a while because of an injury and my quads are screaming! Otherwise my body is tired but not too much soreness otherwise

Sobrie—oh, yeah, my “smeller” is definitely more amplified. One of my co-workers had a Lean Cuisine(ew) cooking in the microwave for lunch today and it was THE best thing I’d ever smelled!!! Like I said, ew.

Oh, I STARTED with the Advanced, and quickly got humbled back to the Intermediate…

Yesterday (day 5) was the most difficult day for me by far. After I finished my deadlifts and decline dumbbell presses, I had to sit down for about 15 minutes. I was exhausted, nauseous, and almost light-headed, and for the first time I thought about quitting. Thought about it…

I completed my workout after catching my breath. I don’t know what it is about working out on a Friday evening, but my mind fights my motivation! It probably has to do with the fact that I go out to eat almost every Friday night with my wife, like some sort of reward for finishing the work week…Anyway…

Here were my weight routine numbers:

Deadlift @ 198lbs- 8,6,5,5,5,4,4,3

Decline Dumbbell Bench Press w/ neutral grip @60’s- 9,8,5,4,3,3,2,1,2,2,1

Pull-Up w/neutral grip @ Bodyweight- 8,5,4,3,2,2,2,2,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,0- couldn’t do any more

Hand Walkout from knees- 9,8,7,7,6,3

I’m hoping that it’s true that next week will be easier. This morning I did the V-Burn circuit, and just couldn’t stick the the 0 second rest prescription (maybe by week 3 I can do it?). My body just couldn’t push through some of the movements (push-up clap, hand walkout) without stopping. But others, (jumping-jacks, squat thrusts) were easier.

Getting my first HSM tonight. We’ll see just how full I feel.