Biotest

IFBB Pro Amit Sapir Adds Micro-PA

Biotest doesn’t sponsor many people. There’s a reason for this. We only work with athletes who are already Biotest users and T Nation fans. Pro bodybuilder Amit Sapir fits the bill perfectly.

“I started my journey as a pencil-thin 16 year-old from the shallow end of the bodybuilding gene pool. During my first few years I bounced around from program to program looking for ‘the secret.’ Not surprisingly, I made very little progress. Although I was frustrated, even angered at my lack of progress, never once did I entertain quitting. I knew that I’d reach my goals. I just needed someone (or something) to help me connect the dots. Then I discovered T Nation and Biotest, and everything changed.”

Amit Sapir

John Meadows, who has been working with Amit, has this to say:

"I’m excited and proud to welcome Amit Sapir to the team of Biotest sponsored athletes. I’ve been working with Amit Sapir for the last six months. When we started, he was already pretty close to a contest, which meant we had little time and had to pick one objective and nail it. It was all about peaking perfectly.

“As it turned out, Amit was a top 10 finisher, but we both knew that with more time to prepare, he could’ve done better. Considering he came into the show around 195 pounds (at 5’3”), I wanted to see him pack on more mass. I set the immediate goal of reaching 240, which is a target he’s never been able to hit.

"When I say 240, I mean a lean 240, which would required a substantial increase in food intake, and an even greater increase in the amount of carbs he was used to consuming.

"When it comes to carbs, let me define the meaning of “substantial,” because most bodybuilders probably would interpret that to mean adding 100 grams or so. In Amir’s case, I had him taking in 1000 grams of carbs a day, 300 of which coming from Plazma the days I trained with him. He loved it.

"Amit recently hit the 240-pound goal, and like I said, it’s a lean 240. Needless to say, he’s a believer in carb utilization and he’s a believer in Biotest.

"Now with the full backing of Biotest, I’m confident that Amit is going to shake things up in the 212 class this year. He’s the absolute strongest squatter and deadlifter I’ve ever trained with in the bodybuilding world. I have spotted him on squats while he repped out 585 like a warm up. And I’ve watched him destroy 725 on a deadlift the day AFTER we did back.

“I predict that Amit’s work ethic and Biotest’s advanced hypertrophy protocols are going to spell disaster for a lot of his competitors.”

John Meadows

Great to have you climbing the top of the heap Amit!

I remember the days when you were a skinny kid asking questions here and your transformation into a vet giving advice here, before you left to get the big show going on. Happy you’ve had such success! T Nation’s done a lot for me and it’s really awesome to see a sort of “homegrown” success story.

I can’t believe how much quality weight you’ve added recently. You really don’t look like you have 28 lbs to lose…how the heck are you going to get down to 212 haha? Good thing you’ve got one of the best coaches in your corner!

The amount of carbs you eat is pretty amazing and getting nearly 8 scoops of Plazma certainly makes it easier to hit those numbers! Serious question - how much water (how many Nalgene bottles) do you need to properly dilute all that Plazma?

I’m looking forward to following your contributions here and seeing how you progress with Biotest’s full arsenal at your disposal. Best of luck with your prep!

I had the opportunity to work with Amit. I trained him for a few years, including when he turned pro. I feel that what makes Amit great is that he not only has the muscle, but he is as strong as he looks. I remember a few years back, 2 weeks after a bodybuilding contest he did a powerlifting meet and deadlifted over 800lbs! He is also a former olympic lifter.

Today is a very special day for me and I’m extremely excited to be a part of this company. I started here 16 years ago when I was just a kid asking endless questions to CT about the basics. I did my first few shows with help from Thibaudeau and other forum members. I’m happy to say that with the tremendous help of John Meadows, Biotest supplements and T-Nation I am getting to top in my field and looking forward to helping others and sharing my experiences with all of you.

I was a big believer 16 years ago, and even more so today. I hope my story and my journey back to the Olympia stage will inspire many up and coming athletes. Feel free to ask me questions, I will be happy to answer and interact with you!

[quote]iDrDan wrote:
I can’t believe how much quality weight you’ve added recently. You really don’t look like you have 28 lbs to lose…how the heck are you going to get down to 212 haha? Good thing you’ve got one of the best coaches in your corner!

The amount of carbs you eat is pretty amazing and getting nearly 8 scoops of Plazma certainly makes it easier to hit those numbers! Serious question - how much water (how many Nalgene bottles) do you need to properly dilute all that Plazma?

I’m looking forward to following your contributions here and seeing how you progress with Biotest’s full arsenal at your disposal. Best of luck with your prep! [/quote]

I’ve had a great off season this year with some great gains thanks to John Meadows. I WILL get down to 212… whatever it take :slight_smile:
I use 3L to dilute my Plazma, my training is roughly 2.5-3 hours and I drink it throughout the whole workout. It works well for me but depending on how your stomach will tolerate the fluids, you could use more or less (2.5-3.5L)

[quote]Aragorn wrote:
Great to have you climbing the top of the heap Amit!

I remember the days when you were a skinny kid asking questions here and your transformation into a vet giving advice here, before you left to get the big show going on. Happy you’ve had such success! T Nation’s done a lot for me and it’s really awesome to see a sort of “homegrown” success story.[/quote]

I’m sure you remember the skinny Israeli kid with HORRIBLE English making posts! I have come a long way and after asking so many questions its about time to be here to give back to others.
(I’m still working on my written english… but nothing can compare! lol)

I had the chance to watch John and Amit train together after the Olympia. I invite anyone who says “bodybuilders aren’t strong, just big” to do the same.

(I snapped a few pics.)

The racks were all being used in the “bodybuilding” area of the gym, so Amit and John took over the CrossFit area. Jaws dropped.

Some guy named Ben helped spot.

[quote]Christian Thibaudeau wrote:
I had the opportunity to work with Amit. I trained him for a few years, including when he turned pro. I feel that what makes Amit great is that he not only has the muscle, but he is as strong as he looks. I remember a few years back, 2 weeks after a bodybuilding contest he did a powerlifting meet and deadlifted over 800lbs! He is also a former olympic lifter.

[/quote]

Christian, you were my first bodybuilding coach and I will always be grateful for the knowledge you’ve given me and for giving me a chance back when no one else would.

Guys/gals you have to check this out. This was a story EliteFTS did on Amit shortly before he became part of the Biotest/Tnation team. This is a VERY good story and once you read it I think you will see why I hold Amit in such high regard.

Arnold once commented that Olympic lifters have the best platform to build off of for body building. He referred to Tommy Kono and Sergio Oliva and how olympic lifting had granted them a great foundation built on their legs, erectors and traps.

I am loving this already!

I am definitely going to pay attention to Amit’s experience with m-PA and if it made a difference (and how much) to his training and muscle development.

1000 grams of carbs a day? I am liking this more and more.

[quote]Amit Sapir wrote:

[quote]Christian Thibaudeau wrote:

[/quote]

Christian, you were my first bodybuilding coach and I will always be grateful for the knowledge you’ve given me and for giving me a chance back when no one else would.
[/quote]

What impresses me the most about what Meadows has done for you is your improvement in biceps… it was always your lagging part and they are starting to look massive. He did the same thing with Mark (and himself obviously)

Thanks Christian…all I really did was have them lighten up, move faster between sets, and pump the crap out of their arms…and sequence their exercises a very specific way…

[quote]John Meadows wrote:
Thanks Christian…all I really did was have them lighten up, move faster between sets, and pump the crap out of their arms…and sequence their exercises a very specific way…[/quote]

SUCH AN IMPORTANT POINT!!! I’m glad you mentioned this. I was talking to Tim yesterday and one thing we discussed was the importance of the ORDER/SEQUENCE of doing exercises/methods in a session. It’s not about doing a collection of exercises but about stimulating a specific physiological response.

[quote]John Meadows wrote:
Thanks Christian…all I really did was have them lighten up, move faster between sets, and pump the crap out of their arms…and sequence their exercises a very specific way…[/quote]

JM, Can you give us a “for instance” of what this looked like? I’ve had more growth in my biceps recently because of the pump style approach than anything else I’ve ever tried.

Amit, Welcome to Team Biotest! Your story is fascinating, and I wish you all the best in your pursuits this coming year.

I love Tim’s comment about working with athletes who are already Biotest users and T Nation fans. Also, Aragorn’s comment about “homegrown”. This is what makes Amit’s story so cool, at one time being just a guy on the T Nation forums asking questions of Christian. Funny thing is I was roaming T Nation forums back in 2009.

I even used a workout by CT I found in an article he wrote and tailored my final week diet for the 2009 Olympia around an article CT and Chris Shugart wrote. Pic below was from the 2009 Olympia…perhaps my best conditioning ever.

This is what makes Biotest so legit…the efficacy of their products and the wealth of knowledge on this site draws the serious athletes in. I’m fortunate to be counted amongst some great guys, like my coach John Meadows, and now Amit.

It’s great being backed by a company, but it’s priceless to be supported by one whose products took your physique to a new level. That’s when marketing isn’t really marketing as we know it…it’s simply an authentic testimony.

Can we get some pics of Amit when he was this skinny 16 year-old? I’d love to see just how far he’s come!