Biotest

I Will NOT Quit

I circled the broken bones that span from August 2010 to July 2012.

Today I received the go ahead from my team of professionals to go for it. This means exercise as I wish. So I went to the gym and celebrated with my first chance at V-Burn since I started back exercising 4 weeks ago.

My journey goes back 2 1/2 years ago when a pregnancy, multiple broken bones and abdominal surgery played a part into packing 60 pounds on my short frame. Add a diagnosis of Osteoarthritis in my right foot and both knees and getting into shape post baby became a monumental challenge for me.

So skip ahead to today at the gym. I was asking myself “Why won’t you post pics on this forum?” I believe 100% in the Biotest products, I believe 150% in this program Chris put together. After some arguing with myself in a way only a woman does the answer boiled down to this “If I fail it will be embarrassing.”

I realized by not posting some before pics I gave myself the option to stop, quit and decide that my setbacks were just too much to ever get into the shape I was in when I met my husband on these forums 6 years ago. Now this pissed me off. When the heck did I become a quitter?!

And a side pic.

Welcome to the V-Diet! It’s great to hear that you were okay-ed to workout!

I’ll echo Seachel here, welcome!

Looking forward to your progress.

Day 2- This would be so much easier if I were single. Family was fed left overs while I drank my shake because I was in no mood to cook. An innocent trip to the grocery store for milk turns into a willpower struggle as everything in the store makes my stomach growl. I am not even hungry!

I used to sugar-free gum when I would go food shopping; the rumors about it working were true, at least for me. And I hate chewing gum.

Day 3- Up super early, in my gym clothes, couple chores done, day was looking awesome, then the phone calls began, followed by the unplanned trip to the hospital for child number 2. This causes me to go over 7.5 hours without any kind of fuel, shake, or food of any kind with only one shake in me from the morning. Ended up at the Subway around the corner. I nearly didn’t make it there. I was seeing stars and woozy. Sigh, stayed within the calorie count for the day, but not the proper nutritional content. Didn’t make it to the gym. Going to bed and try again tomorrow.

You should try keeping some stuff on the go. I know there are some mac nut butters that don’t need to be refrigerated, some protein powder and the small containers of almond milk (come in small boxes of 32oz) from blue diamond don’t need to be refrigerated either (until opened).

This is how I deal with those times when life hits and I either don’t have time to find something good to eat, or I’m just looking for something satisfying and easy, and don’t want to worry about food choices.

Hope it’s helpful, and stick with it! Keep yourself determined!

[quote]Severiano wrote:
You should try keeping some stuff on the go. I know there are some mac nut butters that don’t need to be refrigerated, some protein powder and the small containers of almond milk (come in small boxes of 32oz) from blue diamond don’t need to be refrigerated either (until opened).

This is how I deal with those times when life hits and I either don’t have time to find something good to eat, or I’m just looking for something satisfying and easy, and don’t want to worry about food choices.

Hope it’s helpful, and stick with it! Keep yourself determined!

[/quote]

This is the right idea, though doesn’t adhere to the V-diet.

I keep a mason jar with 1 scoop of Metabolic Drive in my gym bag (which doubles as my purse) at all times. It’s easy enough to find water to fill, shake, and drink and it’ll tide you over until you get home. The first few days are tough until you find a rhythm, but stick with it and the month will be over before you know it.

Hope child #2 is alright! Keep your chin up, we’re cheering for you!

I separated my powder into labelled zip-lock bags (lunch- 2 scoops; mid-afternoon- 1 scoop), and carried them around with another little baggy the HOT-ROX and Flameout. I also made sure to keep my shaker bottle with me at all times. Having three classes (almost in a row) everyday wouldn’t have allowed me to carry the tubs of powder, but the baggies worked great!

Hope child 2 is doing well!

Thank you for the encouragement and ideas. Diaper bag now augmented with a couple small containers of Metabolic Drive powder. My shaker is always with me.

Kid 2 is on crutches with healing ETA of 10 weeks. Crazy busy is making it tough to get to the gym to lift. I spent yesterday clearing my calender because I get so irritable when I don’t get to the gym. I am no good to anyone with a bad attitude.

The good news!

Dumb bell deadlift- 25
Dumb bell bench press- 20
Bent rows- 20

I am blown away at how quickly I can increase pounds. After many years of doing this, I am still amazed on the body’s ability to remember how to do what it does.

Hello Day 11-

So far so good :slight_smile:

Happy Monday V-training day. I love Monday’s Beginner program. I honestly love squats.

The numbers for today:

Dumbbell squat 40 pounds 10x5
Dumbbell Bench 35 pounds 10x5
Bent-over row-dumbbells 35 pounds 10x5
Plank is a plank is a plank.

So I have to write out pounds because this is such a big deal to me. When I started the V-Training program little more than a month ago I was doing it body weight only.

Keep up the good work! And congrats on adding weight to your lifts - you gotta celebrate the stuff that makes you happy.

Rock on!

Keep up the good work! You’ll be surprised by the little gains you make in the gym; keep the momentum!

Ok not exactly a training log entry, but the fracking irony had me laughing.

I spent a big chunk of today chucking cases of cookies. Now a case of Girl Scout Cookies only weighs like 10 pounds. Move several hundred of them in a hurry and it’s a decent cardio session. I moved 4 times as much as anyone else. They all broke open a few boxes of thin mints and chowed down. I had shake number 4. This is why America is obese!

The other thought I had, was “am I ok with selling these heart attack discs?” I may rethink how it goes next year.

Had an awesome Friday workout on Thursday today!
for the life of me I can not keep how to record these numbers straight. sets x reps or reps x sets?
Since it is Pi Day and I taught math today I will lay out my formula for it.

sets x reps for the numbers

Suomo Deadlift

100 POUNDS!!! And I have this overwhelming urge to say mutha fucka when I say 100 pounds, mutha fucka!
Okay all celebrating aside.

1x10
5x8

(Happy dance during each 35 second rest period. If the peeps in the gym didn’t think I was weird before they definitely think I am off my rocker, fuck 'em)

Incline Dumbbell Bench Press
20 Pounds- this one just kicks my tush. My biceps tendon started to twinge and click just a little during the last two sets.

1x10
4x8
2x4

Lat Pulldown- wide grip
Yeah what I said above, this one bugs the tendon and the lower radial ends of my arm bones.

Started at 85, decreased to 55 on third set.

2x5
5x8

Plank hold, just held it for longer and longer this time.

Great day all around and done much faster then last time. I think I will start timing the whole workout.

Way to go!!!

Have you been doing the NEPA walks? They’re pretty easy to skip, but oh-so important to get in as I found out (perhaps a little late). Plus, they really help with the mental aspect.

Rock on!

Yes, I do the NEPA walks. I have two 65 pound dogs who insist that walks happen at least once per day :slight_smile:

EDIT: The only time I do not walk a couple miles a day is bed rest and broken bones. This is why I am seriously looking at Precision Nutrition. I don’t think I should have to consistently train this hard to maintain. I get training hard to get to where I want to be. I have just always struggled with maintaining for more then a couple years.

Happy Day 20-

Weds training is a struggle for me.

I did finally manage the deadlift without hitting my right shin/knee. My hands are starting to notice my return to lifting as well.
I am not hungry much anymore. It’s almost like my stomach has grown accustom to this program/feeding cycle.

Deadlift 75 (up 15) 5 X8
Lat pull 65 (up 20) 5 x8
Standing Shoulder press 17.5 (up 12.5) 5 x 8
Side plank 4 cycles of 45 seconds 5 x 8

I am getting excited to post my before and after measurements. I honestly feel lighter, but I don’t see it in the mirror. Maybe pics will do more for me.

Thanks for the encouragement. Sorry for the missing days, I have been just too busy to transfer my training log from paper to a post.

Sorry I have been a bit negligent in my logs.

Today I had a very oh duh moment at the gym. One of the trainers I fired complimented my deadlift, saying he was surprised to see me over a hundred. I have forgotten to add the weight of the bar. I feel like a total moron. An extremely happy total moron.

Corrected Deadlift number, 135

Nuf said fur today.