Biotest

I Started the V-Diet on 2-2-09

OK, so a little background; for more go to my profile.
I started a diet in March 2007. I weighed 320. Today I weighed in at 232.4 lbs.

My goal is to lose 20 lbs during this 4 week program.
I’ve got decent strength and size for someone new to BB, and I know that the biggest and best thing I can do for my physique is to drop some adipose tissue. The biggest thing I’ve got is DETERMINTATION! I will lose 20 lbs. in four weeks! For those that doubt me, dare me or challenge me; I will not fail and I will prove you wrong.
On my profile you can see a pic of me at 320.
I took a pic last night, and I’ll post that and new pics every week for the V-Diet.

I appreciate any feedback.

February V-Dieters

[quote]Hannibal89 wrote:
OK, so a little background; for more go to my profile.
I started a diet in March 2007. I weighed 320. Today I weighed in at 232.4 lbs.

My goal is to lose 20 lbs during this 4 week program.
I’ve got decent strength and size for someone new to BB, and I know that the biggest and best thing I can do for my physique is to drop some adipose tissue. The biggest thing I’ve got is DETERMINTATION! I will lose 20 lbs. in four weeks! For those that doubt me, dare me or challenge me; I will not fail and I will prove you wrong.
On my profile you can see a pic of me at 320.
I took a pic last night, and I’ll post that and new pics every week for the V-Diet.

I appreciate any feedback.

[/quote]

Great work on your transformation so far!

One thing to keep in mind: You’ve already lost close to 90 pounds already, so you may not get those super fast 1st week losses on the V-Diet. The closer you get to your weight goal, the slower the fat loss becomes.

But, you certainly have the determination, and I think the V-Diet will help you break any plateaus and help you reach your goals.

Keep us posted!

I will not fail. I’ll lose 20 lbs. if it means severing a limb! lol Just joking, but
my results will do the V-diet justice and make you proud. As I’m sure you get satisfaction from helping others achieve their goals, and watching them have great success on your program.
Thanks for the feedback.

Day one in the bag.
Had one hell of a workout after work last night.
The hunger pain’s and cravings are minimal. My resolve is still very strong. My gf felt like sitting next to me on the couch and eating some of my favorite foods, but I didn’t cave in. I still feel my goal of 20 lbs. lost is very attainable.

I wanted to post pics last night, but the gf was on the cpu all night doing work. I’ll post my ‘before’ pics tonight.

I thought I’d post 2 of my Fatzilla pics from when I started dieting at 320 lbs.

Hannibal,
Good luck man, I started same day as you (2nd go round for me)

I can totally feel your pain on the gf (or is she the food succubi?) temptation. My girl ordered a large onion ring from sonic (my #1 cheat food on earth is onion rings) and proceeded to devour them in front of me last night, as I devoured a large cup of…ice. haha.

Oh yeah, way to go so far!

ok, day 2 is in the bag. Food cravings were minimal again. I did feel like eating some salmon and a sald, but refrained.
I got my before pics from my gf’s camera so I’m posting those. I think that I might have to get a tummy tuck when my weight loss is all said and done. I don’t know how much of that will recede??? Anyway, I’ve posted some more pics to give an idea of the massive transition that I’m undergoing on my profile, so feel free to check them out.

I’m already seeing some AMAZING results on the weight loss front. I won’t reveal how much I’ve lost so far, but I will say that my initial goal of 20 lbs lost might be too easy! Time will tell.

PS- I like making goofy faces, so bear with me…

One more ‘before’ pic…

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, today on the scale I’ve officially lost over 100 lbs!!

Nice! Can’t wait to see the progress! :smiley:

[quote]leegoocrap wrote:
Hannibal,
Good luck man, I started same day as you (2nd go round for me)

I can totally feel your pain on the gf (or is she the food succubi?) temptation. My girl ordered a large onion ring from sonic (my #1 cheat food on earth is onion rings) and proceeded to devour them in front of me last night, as I devoured a large cup of…ice. haha.

Oh yeah, way to go so far![/quote]

Most definately a Succubus!!

Day 3 was about as much fun as the first 2, but it is over. I didn’t lose any weight between day 2 + day 3. Perhaps because of the large amount I shed in the first 2 days???

I feel better this morning than I did the first 3. I feel like a I have a lot more energy.

I did discover that I haven’t been getting enough calories. Apparently the protein I am using is a bit more potent and has less cholesterol and calories. 230 grams of that protein equaled about 1150 calories when I should be having between 1450 and 1800.

Any suggestions on how I should fill that void and without breaking the diet?

I just had an extra shake when I discoverd that last night…

Read in the V-DIet forum about why to use Metabolic Drive only. I dont believe body fortress is casein. I tried doing the V-Diet on ON casein and whey a few years ago and it went ok but not as good as it should have. When I do it next month Im going to follow it to the letter. Metabolic Drive will also taste a lot better than body fortress, and that will help in sticking to the diet.

Why Metabolic Drive Only?

The only recommended protein powder to use with the Velocity Diet is Low-Carb Metabolic Drive.

Why?

1. Over 3 years of feedback has shown us that those who use other brands have a much, much higher failure rate. (Possible reasons listed below.) In short, if you want to increase your chance of a successful V-Diet, only use Metabolic Drive.

2. Older forms of this type of diet used whey-only products… and they failed horribly. Whey digests too quickly and provides no sense of satiety (fullness).

It’s like drinking water. Metabolic Drive, a high quality blend that includes micellar casein, makes you feel more satisfied. (The micellar casein forms a kind of gel in the stomach.)

Micellar casein is also an extremely slow digesting protein. The slow, sustained release of amino acids from micellar casein can cause a timed release trickle of amino acids into the bloodstream. This can last seven hours after ingestion, aiding in muscle growth and preventing muscle breakdown.

Perhaps most importantly, nitrogen retention – the physiological condition that’s essential for muscle growth – is amplified by micellar casein.

1. If you find a cheap protein powder that claims to have a high micellar casein content like Metabolic Drive, I’d be weary. There’s no way they can make a profit on their product if it truly has what it says it has.

In some cases, they may be falsifying their labels, or replacing some of the protein with cheap maltodextrin. Happens so often it’s scary, and it would RUIN the V-Diet, or at least lead to muscle loss and a less successful diet. So basically, if you’re being sold a Ferrari for the price of a Hyundai, I’d be a little worried about what’s under the hood.

1. Although taste is subjective, most agree that Metabolic Drive tastes great and has the texture of a high quality milkshake. This is important since you’ll be drinking 4 to 6 shakes per day. Use a shake that doesn’t taste good and your chance of failure will skyrocket.

2. Metabolic Drive contains glucono-delta-lactone. GDL basically facilitates the body’s ability to digest and utilize protein. And you don’t find it in cheapo knockoffs. I’d hate to drink 5-6 shakes a day without GDL in there. Glucono-delta-lactone helps with protein digestion by nourishing the “good” bacteria in the GI tract.

If you can’t get Low-Carb Metabolic Drive, don’t do the Velocity Diet. (Or at the very least, don’t call it the Velocity Diet.) There are plenty of other good diet plans here at T-Nation.

Note: Although I work for Biotest I make nothing extra at this time based on protein sales. I make the same salary even if you use a knock-off product. I just want you to succeed with the V-Diet, and those who most often succeed use Metabolic Drive. Want to succeed? Follow the path of successful V-Dieters.

You have made awesome progress with your weight loss so far. Hope it continues for you.

Well, it can’t taste any worse!! I’m about to the point where I want to lick the floor to get the taste of these shakes out of my mouth!
I’ll order some of it today.
Hope it gets delivered quickly.
Thanks for the help.

Incredible results so far Hannibal. I also started a velocity inspired diet today. You are a good example and inspiration for me.
Keep up the good work.

As for protein shakes, I am drinking only low carb Metabolic Drive (as taddpole recommends). My brother made his custom casein protein blend from True Protein but the taste and digestion of this product is not as good as Metabolic Drive. Good to hear you ordered some.

Day 4 in the bag. I did lose another 0.6 lbs since yesterday. I felt a bit better yesterday, didn’t feel as weak. I haven’t noticed any decline in strength. I am going to increase my cardio, as I feel that my current routine may not be burning enough calories.
I’ll measure the results of this over the next 3 days against the prior 4 for it’s effectiveness and post that.

Another thing that Chris suggests is not weighing yourself everyday. You have daily fluctuations due to water weight and how much you crap and stuff. Weigh at the ned of every week. Also did you take all your measurements when you started? Cardio is also a no no, except for NEPA. (Non Exercise Physical Activity.) Go for walks, but no strenuos cardio.

Read through some of the stickys posted at the first of the Velocity Diet forum, and make sure you understand the reasoning behind the diet and how it works.

When I say cardio, I mean, I play basketball for an hour everyday during my lunch hour.
It is running, but I don’t believe it to be adverse.
I also do about 15-20 minutes of medium cardio before and after workouts to get warm and cool down/stretch.

When I started my diet in March 07, from day 1 I have kept track of what I weighed, what exercise I did, what I lost/gained, my hydration level, sometimes even what I ate and how I felt about the day.
I have a very good sense of what my body is telling me. I made very slight modifications to the Vdiet based on that, and I’m happy to say that my weight loss picked back up and is accelerating.

I am VERY confident that I will meet and beat my initial goal of 20 lbs. And, I am very confident that these slight modifications were necessary for MY body.

I guess if that makes me a “V-Diet” cheater, then I suppose time and results will be my judge.

Other news, I am feeling better and I am making slight strength gains in the gym.
I’m going to go for 125 lb. dumbell press for 8 reps tomorrow!!

PS, taddpole- I’m not discounting you, and I definately appreciate the feedback

One week down, 3 to go.
I’m going to have to take pictures after work; no time this morning.

Well, I weighed this morning, as always, and I weighed 218.6.

This is a loss of 13.8 lbs. for my first week.

I feel very confident that I will beat my initial goal of 20 lbs. and I might be able to break 25 lbs. I know it slows down, but I’m going to shoot for 25 now.