Biotest

I Need to Change - V-Diet Blog

Hello,

My name is Manny.  I'm a 27 year old male living in Jersey.  I'm starting the Velocity Diet because I'm looking for a change in my life.  

A couple of years ago I was in a 6 year relationship that ended on bad terms.  Afterwards I fought with depression and became a workaholic.  Anything that would keep my mind off of the situation was suffice.  Although becoming a workaholic helped my career, it actually hurt me mentally.  I became stressed and used the gym as an outlet for that stress. 

My physique began to change because I was lifting harder than I had ever before. Nothing but the big lifts for me (Squat, Deadlift, Bench Press, Overhead press, and Power Cleans). Although this was great, I still hadn’t dealt with the issues I was going through.

Then came my first injury, a groin pull when I was sprinting.  This sidelined me for about a week and a half while I was recovering.  During that week, I began to drink, as I was finally not busy enough to ignore my issues.  And like a tidal wave, I REALLY started to drink.  Friday nights, Saturday nights, and all day Sunday were my drinkin' hours.  

I turned into an alcoholic and kept it up for 2 years. However, I never stopped lifting and I certainly wasn’t eating well. So I gained about 25lbs from May-June of this year all from drinking and eating junk.

Now, I'm ready to change.  I still have issues but at least I'm dealing with them.  I have a new job that pays more and is much less stressful than the one I had prior.  So with this diet I'm going to back off on the drinking and try to get my ridiculously high cholesterol down a bunch.  

My ultimate goals are to lose 25lbs and get my waist down to at LEAST a 36.  After the strict phase of the diet, I plan on staying on Step 1 of the Transition for about 4 weeks.  This should get me to where I need to be.

I’m getting better and better everyday and in every way.

So here we go!  Day 1 -

222lbs

• Around the largest part of your belly/love-handle area - 41 inches! OMG, I used to be 34. This is so mentally disturbing and difficult to accept. I won’t let this stand.
  • Upper leg (thigh) - 29 inches
  • Lower leg (calf) - 16.5 inches
  • Chest: Across nipple line - 42.5 inches
  • Between belly button and nipple line (upper abs area)- 38 inches
  • Shoulders - 51.5 inches
  • Upper arm - 15 inches
  • Neck - 16.5 inches

Please excuse the quality of the photos. They were taken on my iphone which is only 2mp. I’ll try to get better pics next week.

another

another

I used to look like this.

Hi Manny! Congratulations on your decision to make some changes in your life! This–as with everything–works best taken One Day at a Time… good luck!

[quote]Kristen518 wrote:
Hi Manny! Congratulations on your decision to make some changes in your life! This–as with everything–works best taken One Day at a Time… good luck![/quote]

Thanks hun!

Everyone at work is eating sandwiches from the spot in the building. These things are humongous. Nothing like a Turkey, Roast beef, and swiss on a roll. I’m gonna miss those bad boys.

[quote]GoodPunk6 wrote:
Everyone at work is eating sandwiches from the spot in the building. These things are humongous. Nothing like a Turkey, Roast beef, and swiss on a roll. I’m gonna miss those bad boys. [/quote]

You’ll miss the back rolls and moobs even more, trust me.

Keep us posted!

Great job man, don’t give in, fight through the pain… I weighed in a little bit more than you when I started… I’m finishing up my diet now…

Stick to the diet, lift hard, and unleash the beast within.

[quote]Blazin wrote:
Great job man, don’t give in, fight through the pain… I weighed in a little bit more than you when I started… I’m finishing up my diet now…

Stick to the diet, lift hard, and unleash the beast within.[/quote]

YEAH!!! THAT JUST MADE ME WANT TO RUN THROUGH A WALL!!! (figuratively)

First off, I’d advising NOT running through a wall, probably hamper your progress.

Second, congrats on deciding to change. Just stick to it. It gets very tough during week 2 usually to keep up with the diet but are you a failure? I made it very personal I was going to finish, almost like my life depended on it and if I didn’t finish I would pretty much be a failure.

Don’t quit, don’t ever quit.

Third, I’m jealous you have an iPhone.

[quote]Higgins wrote:
…I made it very personal I was going to finish, almost like my life depended on it and if I didn’t finish I would pretty much be a failure.

Don’t quit, don’t ever quit.[/quote]

This is a VERY important thing to remember throughout the whole diet+transition+the rest of your life afterwards. I know this kind of thinking has helped me get back on track when other shit hits the fan and all you’ve got is training to get you through THOSE days.

Also, do not be afraid to BUST YOUR ASS when training especially when front squatting, deadlifting, etc. I was afraid to the first workout, but then I felt good the rest of the way so I busted ass the rest of the workouts and I felt great afterwards. Get root beer Surge.

[quote]Higgins wrote:
First off, I’d advising NOT running through a wall, probably hamper your progress.

Second, congrats on deciding to change. Just stick to it. It gets very tough during week 2 usually to keep up with the diet but are you a failure? I made it very personal I was going to finish, almost like my life depended on it and if I didn’t finish I would pretty much be a failure.

Third, I’m jealous you have an iPhone.[/quote]

Higgins,

Thanks for the awesome post. I hear that week 2 is the toughest to get through. I know that I’m going to get through it because I have to. I have to prove to myself that I still have the power to change for the better. I’ve been really down on myself and have beat my own confidence down so low that I’ve forgotten what its like to accomplish something.

So you’re absolutely right. I can’t quit.

Dude! you TOTALLY have to get one!!! It’s worth every penny!

[quote]cpcloud wrote:
Higgins wrote:
…I made it very personal I was going to finish, almost like my life depended on it and if I didn’t finish I would pretty much be a failure.

This is a VERY important thing to remember throughout the whole diet+transition+the rest of your life afterwards. I know this kind of thinking has helped me get back on track when other shit hits the fan and all you’ve got is training to get you through THOSE days.

Also, do not be afraid to BUST YOUR ASS when training especially when front squatting, deadlifting, etc. I was afraid to the first workout, but then I felt good the rest of the way so I busted ass the rest of the workouts and I felt great afterwards. Get root beer Surge.[/quote]

Is it really that good? I got the original flavor and it kicks ass.

[quote]GoodPunk6 wrote:

Higgins,

Thanks for the awesome post. I hear that week 2 is the toughest to get through. I know that I’m going to get through it because I have to. I have to prove to myself that I still have the power to change for the better. I’ve been really down on myself and have beat my own confidence down so low that I’ve forgotten what its like to accomplish something.

So you’re absolutely right. I can’t quit.

Dude! you TOTALLY have to get one!!! It’s worth every penny![/quote]

Yeah this is gonna sound kinda pussy but whatever, its the truth and in the past. I had a GF that was great while I was in shape, a lot of fun etc no real problems. Then I got lazy and fat, stopped working out (which I don’t know if I what I did before could be called working out haha) but was still happy. This led her to become ashamed of me and hellbent on making me feel like the most worthless piece of shit ever. Which she did very well. By the end of it I basicly thought I was a fuckup and would never get anything right in my entire life. I was completely demoralized/borderline suicidal.

Eventually I figured out that wasn’t such a piece of shit (Who would of thought) and started down the road that has me to where I am today. The V-Diet was a big part of that as it showed me what real dedication was, something I had never had to do before. I now have the power to do ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING I put my mind to because I accomplished this.

Moral of the story: 1.) Don’t be a demoralized pussy like me 2.) As Snoop Dogg said, Bitches ain’t shit but hoes and tricks 3.) You make your own “luck”, you don’t have to decide whether your glass is half-empty of half-full. That fucking glass is as full as you want it to be and don’t let anybody else tell you differently.

Also I’ve never got any Surge besides original flavor, I don’t believe anything could ever taste better.

After realizing your the same dude as Xanax+V-Diet I was wondering a couple things and a little worried.

If you don’t mind divulging the information, do you take the Xanax for depression or anxiety attacks and or both?

[quote]Higgins wrote:
After realizing your the same dude as Xanax+V-Diet I was wondering a couple things and a little worried.

If you don’t mind divulging the information, do you take the Xanax for depression or anxiety attacks and or both? [/quote]

To be honest, I took it for fun. That’s it. I know I sound like an ass saying that,…but I’ve got nothing to hide. Its another habit of mine that I’m done with. That’s why I said it wouldn’t be an issue.

Day 1 reflections -

Yesterday wasn’t so bad. One HOT-ROX didn’t really affect me the way I thought it would. My skin felt warmer than usual but thats it. No jitters or anything. Kinda made me burp a little here and there. I followed Shugart’s supplement schedule for the BCAA’s to the T. And I took 4 flameouts for the day.

Flax seed meal - This stuff is freakin horrible. I mixed it in with the shakes and it made them so nasty. Because of the calories I need, I actually need to have 3 servings of it a day. Not good considering there’s only 5 shakes a day. This morning I decided to take the flax seed meal with a glass of water so that I wouldn’t have to have 3 shakes with it. BIG mistake! Flax seed MEAL in a glass of water was freakin disgusting. Maybe I’ll just get used to it.

The workout - Since I started on a Wednesday I did Wednesday’s Advanced circuit. Great program. I was sweating like crazy. I did have to do the Hang Clean with a barbell though. My form on Power Cleans is “perfect” so the adjustment to a Hang Clean was easy.

Am I supposed to have trouble sleeping? Cuz last night I passed out after 30 seconds of laying in bed. My alarm clock scared the living daylights out of me. That was some really deep sleep.

Well, onto day 2.

Okay, so I did a little bit of messing around with my numbers and realized that instead of taking in 3 servings of flax per day, I could take it twice and include 3 tabs of fiber choice and bump my Flameout from 4 per day to 6. Prior to this I wasn’t taking fiber choice at all. So I think this is a better direction for me. As the THOUGHT of flax is making me sick.

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Disclaimer: Individual results may vary.