Biotest

I Need a Lot of Motivation

Hi everyone,
I just started the V-Diet this morning. I had 3 shakes and am already sick of them :frowning: I used to drink them every morning so it’s not like I particularly hate the taste but now having them for every meal has been a challenge. Does it get easier? For those of you who have had success with it, do you have any tips for not getting sick of the shakes? I’m going to Hawaii on 2/13 so I have 24 days to go…would love to make this happen. I’m definitely overweight (5’2" 145)

Sup man, welcome to the journey!
I have been on the diet for 17 days, I have lost 14lbs of fat 9" of fat 3% bodyfat and all while losing all this I have gained strength and lean body mass. It gets muuch easier after about day 3. Your body will feind for food and try to rationalise a reason to eat solid meals bbut just be strong and push through it! Its the best thing I may have ever done for myself and Im only 1/2 way through. Just be strong and push through it…I find that blending them with ice makes it nicer to drink then its more like a smoothie.

Here is a link to my diet thread…Be strong man as soon as you start to doubt yourself you will begin to fail, remember that your a breaking your body of all eating habbits and cravings not just loosing weight…you will be so pumped up after your 1st weigh-in that you wont want to give up after seeing the results.

Thats my link…allso if looking for some more input I suggest reading “Gus’s” Log at

http://www.T-Nation.com/readPhysClin.do?id=1852678
This thread is very inspirational and it really helped me with the will power to do it.
Have fun with your new body and if you have any questions let me know or ask on the “Ask Chris” Thread or the “V-Diet support group” Thread,
Thanks, Adam

Get a blender.

Put in two scoops, a handful of ice, and some water.

Enjoy.

I’m on day 2, and it’s a whole new ballgame when it’s blended with ice.

Also, buy a few different flavors for variety. I have chocolate and strawberry, and I go for a different flavor when I’m sick of one.

mcl is absolutely correct! Figure out the right ratio of ice, water, and powder to make it thick and creamy. It’s much easier to deal with when you’re eating it with a spoon instead of chugging it.

I would also suggest two things to help with your success: First, get more than one flavor of MD to add some variety so you don’t go completely insane. Next, add a tablespoon of flax to every shake, which will give you about 2-3 servings of flax per day. A shake without flax will not keep you satiated nearly as long as one with flax. It’s a fiber/fat thing…

I bought all 4 flavors.
Chocolate 5 cans
vanilla 5 cans
strawberry 2 cans
banana cream 2 cans…My favorite one…Sometimes i mix chocolate with banana or vanilla and thats like a whole differnt kind of shake.

Thanks guys! I’ve been using the magic bullet. I brought it with me to work so yes, it’s like a shake. I crave salty foods though…it’s gonna be tough to not have salty stuff at all throughout the day. I’ll read those posts you suggested and probably order some other flavors. Thanks!

NP bro, seriously stick with it and you will be sooooo happy! What are your current measurments and what are your goals? Are you taking all the supps? Like
2-4 HOT-ROX daily
4-6 Flameout Daily
Recommended dose of Metabolic Drive
Flax seed meal or milled
and 2 tbsp natural PB at night?
Just checking to see if you have everything you need.

[quote]Asnqt913 wrote:
Thanks guys! I’ve been using the magic bullet. I brought it with me to work so yes, it’s like a shake. I crave salty foods though…it’s gonna be tough to not have salty stuff at all throughout the day. I’ll read those posts you suggested and probably order some other flavors. Thanks![/quote]

It’s almost certainly a mental thing.

However, since I once passed out at work and was taken to the ER and told I had severe hyponatremia (lack of sodium…I’d been on a strict atkins diet for about a year), I wouldn’t rule out your body trying to tell you that you need some salt. If you’ve had any blood work done lately and know your sodium levels are fine, I would just grit your teeth and soldier on. Like all habits, eating habits are hard to break.

Hell, I quit smoking in 1996, and I’d put braking eating habits right up there with quitting smoking, in terms of the environmental cues, ritual, and habits that you develop over years that are extremely hard to shake.

I don’t know if Chris would recommend it, but you could always just put some salt in your hand and lick it!

[quote]mcl wrote:

I don’t know if Chris would recommend it, but you could always just put some salt in your hand and lick it![/quote]

hahhah!!! Love it! How about msg…probably tastier JK!

[quote]thaiclinch wrote:
NP bro, seriously stick with it and you will be sooooo happy! What are your current measurments and what are your goals? Are you taking all the supps? Like
2-4 HOT-ROX daily
4-6 Flameout Daily
Recommended dose of Metabolic Drive
Flax seed meal or milled
and 2 tbsp natural PB at night?
Just checking to see if you have everything you need.[/quote]

I’m actually a girl :slight_smile: 27 yrs old, haven’t had a chance to take my measurements yet. Just a photo this morning while in a rush to get to work. I do have all my supplies though…should be fun. I’m gonna have to be really creative with mixing the shakes. The smell of the strawberry is making me gag already :frowning: That’s the one that i used to drink every morning.

No offense but you aren’t going to make it if you need people on an internet forum to get you through day 1.

You need to grow a spine and dedicate yourself to something that will change you life and understand the work is worth the reward. What the hell does eating food do for you anyway? I certainly am much better off now that my happiness isn’t derived from food.

Seriously sit down and think why you need to eat bad food and what it does for you. Does it make you happy with yourself? Does it help you in anyway in your life?

I’d agree with starting a log and having people comment on your progress and commend you on getting through it, but they shouldn’t have to help you on day one.

Suck it up and finish it out, it is just diet. Consider yourself lucky your not starving somewhere and are fighting for your life and that your problem is actually having to stop eating.

[quote]Higgins wrote:
No offense but you aren’t going to make it if you need people on an internet forum to get you through day 1.

You need to grow a spine and dedicate yourself to something that will change you life and understand the work is worth the reward. What the hell does eating food do for you anyway? I certainly am much better off now that my happiness isn’t derived from food.

Seriously sit down and think why you need to eat bad food and what it does for you. Does it make you happy with yourself? Does it help you in anyway in your life?

I’d agree with starting a log and having people comment on your progress and commend you on getting through it, but they shouldn’t have to help you on day one.

Suck it up and finish it out, it is just diet. Consider yourself lucky your not starving somewhere and are fighting for your life and that your problem is actually having to stop eating. [/quote]

I hear ya, I’m not looking for excuses or what not. And I don’t eat “bad food”. I don’t have the diet regimen of a fitness model. My problem is more of binge eating. I grew up in a restaurant family so I’ve always been around great tasting food so yes, admittedly, I do derive a strong level of happiness from good tasting food. Not to mention I work for Nestle, the largest food and beverage company in the world.

All “excuses” aside, I was just looking for a little motivation from people who may have gone through the same challenges as myself on day 1.

Did any of you feel nauseated on your first day? I’m feeling a little dizzy and sick to my stomach…

Never experienced that on the first day, I got dizzy during week 2 once but just needed some iodized salt everyday (half a teaspoon) and helped with that.

I got dizzy but I related it to the HOT-ROX, I also got a headache for about the 1st 5 days, I just related that to food withdraws and also the HOT-ROX.

I appologise for the “Bro/Man” Comments…I do however believe that this is a great way to stay honest with your diet, by keeping a daily log in a notebook and also posting it daily or everyother day on here. I have a book I carry with me EVERYWHERE to assure that I stay honest with myself, and it works!

Once again if you need anything at all just post it up on the V-Diet forums and we are all willing to help!

Day one should be one of the easiest days of the program really. I was so motivated to change my eating habits and body composition that it couldn’t come fast enough! If you’re just doing this to look good in a bikini on vacation, well that probably won’t be enough motivation to get you through 27 more days. You think day one was tough, wait until day 3!

There’s certainly other programs out there that would help you drop weight fairly quickly, but this will teach you fundamental skills for eating to stay lean. If you just want to look sexy in a bikini, substitute a shake at dinner for a chicken breast and a small salad and that should keep you on the level. That may set you up for failure down the road though.

[quote]CallMeBruce wrote:
Day one should be one of the easiest days of the program really. I was so motivated to change my eating habits and body composition that it couldn’t come fast enough! If you’re just doing this to look good in a bikini on vacation, well that probably won’t be enough motivation to get you through 27 more days. You think day one was tough, wait until day 3!

There’s certainly other programs out there that would help you drop weight fairly quickly, but this will teach you fundamental skills for eating to stay lean. If you just want to look sexy in a bikini, substitute a shake at dinner for a chicken breast and a small salad and that should keep you on the level. That may set you up for failure down the road though.
[/quote]

I totally agree! Maybe look at the V-diet light depending on your main goal. Either way best of luck!

So how is it going Asnqt913? Making it?

BTW, in my opnions days 2 and 5 are the worst. Day 2 is when the food withdrawal is the worst, and day 5 is when you’re at your absolute maximum of shakes and the HSM day is still two days away.

Hi everyone!

I bet you thought I fell off the wagon…heck, I thought I did by hour 8 of day 1 but now it’s day 5 and I’m still here and I have fabulous news to report. Ok, well, I know those of you who are hardcore are gonna say I’m a wimp, but whatever, I’m still here and this “diet” has been monumental for me.

So here it goes…It’s day 5 and on day 1, I was ready to throw in the towel. In fact, I did that night. I was feeling so weak that I went and got a bowl of pho (vietnamese beef noodle soup).

I then went home and told my bf about it (The one who introduced me to T-Nation), and at first, he had absolutely no sympathy and was really harsh about it. Then he came back and said, ok, tinkering with the diet is better than falling off the wagon completely.

So now it’s day 5, I have “tinkered” with the diet, and I have lost 4 pounds!!! WOOOHOOO!!! I’ve always been a firm believer in a diet that works is a diet you can stick with. So unfortunately, I couldn’t stick to the original plan 100% but I’ve probably maintained 80% of it.

And by tinkering, I mean I have added a small salad to my lunch of lettuce, kidney beans, chicken, corn, beets, and fat free ranch dressing. And for my afternoon snack i have a cup of chicken or vegetable broth.

I even had a small dinner of sushi the other night (yes, the kind with rice on it)

Last night I was totally crashing so I put my peanut butter on a celery stick and I gotta say, it tasted fabulous.

Here’s the thing, for those of you who think I eat “bad food”, I don’t…my problem is that I tended to gorge. I could easily eat as much as my bf, and he’s a big guy. So here was my revelation the night I had sushi…I counted my calories that day so I knew exactly how many I had left and how many peices I could eat.

I DID not think I was going to be satisfied, but I ate it slowly and when I was done, I was like “hey” that was good…I don’t need to keep eating purely for the sake of indulging.

It’s been tough. I knew it was going to be a hard diet but I didn’t realize that it was going to be THIS hard. I mean literally, I have a gag reflex trying to drink my shake sometimes.

But the ultimate motivation to stick to this was the scale. I haven’t weighed 141 in over 5 years. This was a big deal and I’m not starving myself. I have super low energy due to the lack of carbs but i’m not hungry like I was when I tried that Master cleanser lemonade diet.

So, I’m gonna stick with it. At this rate, i could potentially lose 12 pounds of fat in 3 weeks and that is monumental!

So thanks everyone…naysayers and all.

I will keep you posted :slight_smile:

Oh, and the HOT-ROX make me totally nauseated…I take 1 each time. That and i’ve been light headed and dizzy a lot…I guess that’s me “crashing” from the lack of carbs.